Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Terminator 2: Judgment Day Reviews

½ January 6, 2019
T2 features thrilling action sequences and eye-popping visual effects, but what takes this sci-fi/ action landmark to the next level is the depth of the human (and cyborg) characters.
½ January 1, 2019
I was very disappointed while watching the second installment of the Terminator series. The movie opens up with scenes completely copied from the first for fan service that was very annoying. Our main character John Connor as a child is so annoying. I hated everything the character said. As for Schwarzenegger, his character was boring unlike the fun interesting villain from the first. Sarah Connor was annoying till she finally acted like herself. So much in this movie annoyed me, but all in all its still directed by James Cameron, and still is a well made movie even if it annoyed me.
December 25, 2018
For me it's better then the first film.
December 20, 2018
Impressive visceral big budget science fiction apocalypse action film with groundbreaking visual effects.
December 1, 2018
one of the best movie i have ever seen. 2 thumbs up
November 29, 2018
A flawless movie, one of the best films ever made. Not only the best in the series but one of the best action movies of all time.
November 28, 2018
(98/100)
Terminator 2: Judgment day ups the ante in almost every way. The storytelling has improved, the visual as well as practical effects and the action has improved. I am so invested in the two Terminator movies made by James Cameron, they're just so good and full of story. The soundtrack by Brad Fiedel is, again, amazing and very memorable. In conclusion: one of the best sequels of all time!
½ November 27, 2018
Some (including me) would say that "Terminator 2: Judgement Day" is better than its predecessor, and not without good reason. With a more compelling story and writing that actually makes its audience feel for a coldblooded murder-robot, this film proves it's worth a watch.
November 20, 2018
Although the film has better effects, an even more entertaining Arnold Schwarzenegger performance, and a great performance from Linda Hamilton, Terminator 2: Judgment Day fails to have an intriguing main character and a fun and entertaining Terminator.
October 28, 2018
10 years after the events of "The Terminator," Sarah Connor's son, John is now hunted by a Terminator far more advanced than the previous one sent after Sarah in 1984. To counter the sinister AI known as Skynet's attempt at John's life, the human resistance from the future sends back a Terminator of their own to protect John.

"Terminator 2: Judgment Day" is directed by James Cameron and written by James Cameron and William Wisher. Released seven years after the original film, this colossal sequel smashed the box office, and came at the height of Arnold Schwarzenegger's popularity. "T2" was a pop culture phenomenon and blew the doors wide open for science fiction and visual effects in the 90s. Without which, we probably wouldn't have films like "Jurassic Park."

Starring Arnold Schwarzenegger as the titular character, Linda Hamilton returning an aptly hardened and tortured Sarah Connor, Edward Furlong as the young John Connor, and finally Robert Patrick as the menacing T-1000, "Terminator 2" brings its A game with its casting.

Linda Hamilton does an outstanding job as Sarah Connor, and her transformation from the first film is amazing. That's how you do character development! Arnold just pretty much does his thing as the Terminator, and his one-liners are legendary. Edward Furlong is quite annoying, but he is just a kid in "T2," so it's excusable. Lastly (but not not least), Robert Patrick's understated yet sinister performance makes the T-1000 one of the most malicious villain to ever grace the screen.

With this vast and ambitious sequel, James Cameron pits our protagonists against a villain with twice the power and intellect. This is a chase film, much like its predecessor, but Cameron takes care to infuse "Terminator 2" with deep themes like nuclear war, fatalism, and the human condition. The main theme of the film, I think is summed up nicely in the last line: "If a machine, a Terminator, can learn the value of human life, maybe we can too." I think that's what really makes "Terminator 2" great among other science fiction films. There's a human-centric story at the core of it, and the characters are very much important in this film.

Themes aside, James Cameron steers the audience through grand action sequences peppered with car chases, Arnie firing a mini-gun, and giant explosions, and spectacular visual effects that still hold up to this day. Mirroring the first film, "T2" does slow down in its second act, but it actually serves a thematic purpose. Rather than shoving exposition down the viewer's throat in one single scene, the film draws out its runtime a bit to dig deeper into the relationships between Sarah, John, and the Terminator.

"Terminator 2: Judgment Day" surpasses the original film with its staggering action, visuals, and rich characters. If you haven't seen "T2," I would very much suggest that you watch it after you read this review--this is probably my favorite film. You can watch "Terminator 2" as strictly an action movie, but you can also see it as an examination on what makes us human, and what it takes to connect with one another on a deeper level.

"The future is not set, there is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
½ October 25, 2018
a sequel that surpasses the original
action movies don't get much better than this
an edge of your seat blockbuster from start to finish
October 19, 2018
An amazing sequel continuing the saga of Sarah Connor and her fight to destroy skynet and save humanity, it succeeds beacause it contains the key elements of the original whilst being its own move as well as stepping out of the genre of eighties horror/thriller, science fiction and right into the nineties with science fiction/action, again a very layered story and very high concept like the first, the series should have ended here
October 14, 2018
T2 is much more than just a simple action movie. Every feeling gets time to shine during the movie, be it adrenaline, laughter or sadness. The main characters are very likeable especially Arny's T-800 with his development as a character during the two and a half hour long movie. By far one of if not the best movie James Cameron has ever directed.
October 14, 2018
Great sequel that largely improved on the first one
October 7, 2018
Simplemente la mejor película de acción ciencia-ficción de todos los tiempos. A casi 30 años de su estreno, se ve y se siente como una película contemporánea. No vale la pena explayarse analizando el film, quien no la haya visto, debe verla. No se arrepentirá!
October 4, 2018
dis moovie suk dcik soupermen be bad with boy frum viloge. too many boom boom n tha endung is bolshit
September 23, 2018
My favorite arnold movie!
September 21, 2018
Best movie of all time
September 12, 2018
Terminator 1 had more suspense, Terminator 2 has more heart.

Despite some of the movie having more saccharine than in the original. But the climax and the ending had a lot more of an emotional impact then the climax of the terminator.

Despite Schwarznegger becoming a hero and therefore giving the movie less of a want to see more feel that the original offered. Schwarznegger pulls the transition of character type fantastically.

It all boils down to preference. If you want nitty gritty cyberpunk, go for terminator. If you want a heartwarming tale with a more optimistic and family friendly vibe, go for terminator 2.
September 8, 2018
One of the few sequels that I can say without a doubt surpasses and is superior to the original in every way imaginable. I don't know what isn't improved. The acting, the action scenes, the characters, the CGI, the emotional impact, etc. it's all far superior. The first Terminator, while amazing in its own way, has a CGI that's almost laughably outdated, but this film's special effects are amazing. So amazing, in fact, it still looks better than half of anything coming out this year. And this film came out over 25 years ago. The action is exhilarating, Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor is an uber badass, Schwarzengger as the good guy this time around was a pleasant surprise, Robert Patrick as the T-1000 is just as terrifying as Arnie from the first film. Arguably the best part was the amount of raw emotion this film elicits, from just how a remorseless killing machine can learn to feel and act like a human. It was so touching. The relationship between John and the T-800 was fantastic, and the bond they shared was so powerful to me that in the end, I shed a tear. I am not ashamed to admit this. This is one of 3 films to ever make me shed a tear. This film is everything I would ever want in an action film. Ever. It's my favorite action film of all time, and no matter what James Cameron and Arnold Schwarzengger are doing nowadays, this film, has cemented both of them in my top 10 favorites forever. 10/10