Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Terminator 2: Judgment Day Reviews

September 9, 2017
Excellent sequel that excels expectations. James Cameron did an amazing work once again with the Terminator; the story + the CGI + the performances makes this one of the best action movies ever.
September 8, 2017
I was able to watch this in theaters when I was young and boy did it blow me away. It was the first time I saw CGI that would later become such an importance for films today. Many film goers may suggest that "Jurassic Park" was the film that broke the barrier, but one would agree that CGI originally was revealed to the world with this movie.

The story, acting and action was a good watch, but the real eye-opener was the T1000 and the CGI that made it so wonderfully to view. During that time when CGI wasn't played out as it is today, it was an amazing thing to see something that you knew was going to pave the way for films that would be done in a whole new way.

With a 100 million dollar budget, you had to know you were going to watch something special and a budget like that was nonexistent making it the first of its kind.
September 8, 2017
Hasta La Vista, Baby!
½ September 1, 2017
James Cameron's smart take on The Terminator was a huge success. Going into two I was worried that it would not do well like so many others. But that's not the case for a bigger budgeted Terminator packed with heavy action and character development which makes this film shine in its own right. A good sequel.
August 28, 2017
This is one of those rare sequels that takes everything great about the first film and improves on it. From the story to the action, effects and music, James Cameron crafted a wonderous flim that has stodd the test of time and will continue to be remembered for a long time
August 24, 2017
One of the best action films ever made.
August 24, 2017
Excellent sequel that ups the ante, I just finished watching this in 3D at the cinema and my love for this film hasn't changed after all these years. James Cameron has always been a master craftsman and you only need to watch Terminator and Aliens to understand he is leagues ahead of the other blockbuster filmmakers. He has incredible beats and the story is never sacrificed for an unnecessary action sequence, modern filmmakers build entire plotlines around action scenes and the emptiness is evident. Terminator is one of my favorite science fiction/action films ever made, it blew me away on my first screening and the first 2 films are just brilliant. It's a shame number 3, 4 and 5 don't have Cameron at the helm, an argument with the rights left us with a middle film in the middle of an epic final chapter. The series undoubtedly peaked here, the other films just became empty popcorn movies and the franchise has been left unwanted. I hope Cameron can return the franchise back to the glory days and you only need watch this film to know why. The craftsmanship here was in the early development but it is undeniable, Cameron is one, if not the greatest innovative filmmaker in Hollywood. Don't mistake my comments for storytelling, he is always pushing the boundaries of technology, which great for modern cinema. There is a reason people go to watch the films he makes. Check out in the cinemas if you can, this current weekend. 24-08-2017.
August 23, 2017
I've seen this movie a million times. Obviously best of the 3
August 16, 2017
One of the Best Sequels, One of the Best sci-fi films, One of my favourite movies in genral and probably the Best Action Movie ever made, Terminator 2 is a Spectacular Masterpiece. What I love most about this film it that even though it's an Action Spectacle and has Incredible action set pieces it's more about characters and there relationships. it has wonderfully written and well developed characters who all have a beginning, middle and end, Linda Hamilton blew me away in this movie with her performance as Sarah Conner, i did like her in the first one but I loved her more in this one she bought so many layers and dimensions to her character that you really cared for her and understood where she's coming from. Edward Furlong was also really good and I really liked his relationship with The Terminator who I'll talk about in a sec. Now onto the T-1000 who was a great and menacing Villian played Brilliantly by Robert Patrick I loved how he was an advanced prototype that made him almost unbeatable. Now onto The Terminator played again by Arnold Schwarzenegger I liked how james Cameron turned him from a great villian to a great hero and to be honest I actually prefer the hero one reason being is that I said I really like the chemistry between him and young John Conner their relationship was funny heartwarming and also unexpectedly emotional. Obviously the Special Effects were Revolutionary at the time and still to this day hold up Extremely well. A phenomenal film that actually gets better and better as I watch it every time. The story is engaging,a smart script with great character depth, fantastic direction with breathtaking Action Sequences THIS MOVIE IS A TRIUMPH.
½ August 15, 2017
one of my favorite movies ever. Maybe the smartest idea for a movie, and so far ahead of it's time when it was probably difficult to even fathom. super intense with awesome action. so many memorable scenes and revolutionary moments. took the original to a whole new level (about 6 viewings)
August 15, 2017
Jeffrey And Brandon's Mom Ms. Carmen Has Seen 1991's The Silence Of The Lambs.
August 11, 2017
I absolutely love this movie. It has great action sequences, a good plot, and a good cast. This movie is just plain awesome. At times it's even better than the first movie. Terminator 2 Judgement Day is an awesome movie. Can't wait for it to come back to theaters in 3D. A+
August 9, 2017
My god this is a terrific action film. They sure don't make'em like this anymore. I think this blew the first Terminator out of the water.
August 7, 2017
The story, cgi and action combined makes this the best action movie I have ever seen.
August 1, 2017
Cameron know how to do smart and fast-paced, but all-explosive movies. T2 is the most clear proof of that. A genre masterpiece.
½ July 30, 2017
"HASTA LA VISTA, BABY." Just as good, if not better than it's first. Like any other good sequel, it improves on the first one with a continuing action-packed story and many other surprises and different situations. The first one was a groundbreaking start to the franchise, and this one maybe didn't feel quite as groundbreaking, it no doubt was still well thought-out and original enough. The human-to-robot relationship is one of the biggest highlights of the film. Successful film within quite a successful franchise.
July 20, 2017
The movie advances on the original in a brilliant making a memorable, cool movie, that just might be better than the original.
July 19, 2017
A movie filled to the brim with action, an interesting story, lovable characters, and so much more makes it one of the greatest movies of all time. Highly recommended
½ July 18, 2017
Favourite terminator movie
July 16, 2017
Judgement Day is to Terminator what The Empire Strikes Back was to Star Wars. An equal sequel.