Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Terminator 2: Judgment Day Reviews

May 24, 2017
With the question of what it means to be human at the forefront, this action packed thriller gives everyone what they should have gotten from the first film, solid intensity.
May 22, 2017
I saw this film twenty four years ago, when I was ten years old and it's still my number one movie. Best film ever made. Thanks James Cameron & Stan Winston !!!!!
½ May 13, 2017
An explosive thriller that really lives up to its billing. This is what all sequels should be like. (First viewing - Sometime in 2008)
May 3, 2017
Some people say it was better than the original. I'll admit, they're sort of correct. It's certainly the longest of the series. Anyway, I mainly like this film for the opening sequence where it shows the Human Resistance fighting against Skynet's army.
May 1, 2017
A great action movie in its own right, but not a great follow up to the first Terminator. Whereas Terminator 1 felt like a dark and gritty horror thriller this felt like a light hearted family blockbuster that came with an R rating. The later problems with the franchise really started here and not with Terminator 3.
May 1, 2017
The best American sci-fi and action movie ever made. Schwarzenegger's strong rough and tough character as Terminator Series 800 combined with timid scared Sarah and John makes one of the most outstanding cinematic casts against an undeniably evil and chemically-advanced villain, the T-1000, using strong special effects. In addition, the inclusion of Miles Dyson getting forced into destroy everything he has been determined to create enhanced the film's plot. This is a superior improvement over the first film, a rare accomplishment in Hollywood. In addition to being an improvement over the 1984 original and being a spectacular action blockbuster all about a little boy trying to save the world with his dangerously noble killer robot bodyguard, Rise of the Machines, Salvation and Genisys have never come close to matching the sheer brilliance and special effects of T2, which will always remain the best American action movie ever, no one can outdo it even if it again stars Schwarzenegger.

James Cameron seriously should have prioritized Terminator 3 and 4 over Avatar so that he could have prevented Rise of the Machines and Salvation from taking those positions in favor of better movies.
April 18, 2017
One incredible sequel, totally surpasses the first one, in my opinion.
April 18, 2017
T2: Judgment day came out seven years after the original. The original was a sci-fi horror movie that just so happened to be an action film, but the second in the franchise has the better movie, a better story, better everything. Sarah Connor (in prison) has her son, John Connor (Edward Furlong) who is in foster care. It the first film, the T-800 (Arnie) was sent to kill Sarah, but this time, Skynet sends a different terminator, the T-1000. A more deadly terminator made of liquid metal. He is sent to kill John himself. Except, us humans are smart, John in the future reprograms the T-800 to go and protect him as a child. Let me start off by saying that this movie is perfect, not a single flaw. It was interesting to see the antagonist from the first film being one of the protagonists in this film. It was refreshing to see Arnold as the good guy this time. James Cameron is back directing this one as well. I think he did a better job with this one. He brought a deep, emotional relationship between the T-800 and John Connor. Not to mention some of the best visuals ever put to the big screen.
Over all, T2 without a doubt, surpassed the original. It is the best sequel, one of the best sci-fi films, the best action films ever...
heck with it, it's one of the best movies of all time. 5/5 stars
April 18, 2017
The T-1000 is easily one of the greatest movie villains of all time.
½ April 17, 2017
Great entertaining action packed good time movie starring Arnold Schwarzenegger , the girl no one knows about except for being Sarah Connor in the terminator franchise and some random kid they most likely got off the street in los Angeles. First the action is phenomenal, even though this film came out in the 90s it had good action and not the cheesy kind in the matrix. Yes the special effects for the metal terminator did suck and were cheesy you just have to remember it's an old movie. Now the plot and that Arnold is not longer a bad guy terminator but now is a good nice reprogrammed terminator protecting a young John Connor. I like that Arnold's the good guy but who cares who's he plays better they're both really good. So yeah the plot, old John Connor sends a good Arnold to protect his younger self so that the metal terminator doesn't murder the fudge out of him with that little finger of his. I just like the plot, it's simple and not too complicated like alien where you have to pin point everything. Now finally the ending, if your reading this you should have already seen this movie so spoilers, good terminator dies and he dies with a thumbs up oh and the metal terminator dies too but who cares, it's all about Arnold, nobody else. My thumb is up. Now the bad, that kid was annoying, that's why I put a half star.
April 8, 2017
A movie that deserves to be on everybody's top ten action movies.
April 5, 2017
Top 10 action movies of all time
½ March 29, 2017
Bigger, badder, and above all, better, "Judgment Day" sets an example of how a sequel should outdo its predecessor.
March 29, 2017
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the special achievement that you all been waiting for, the sequel to the first film, Terminator 2: Judgment Day. Well, here it is, the sequel to The Terminator directed by James Cameron. It won 4 Oscars at the Academy Awards. One for Best Sound, Best Sound Editing, Best Visual Effects and Best Makeup. It was the highest grossing film of 1991 making up to $519 million over $102 million budget. How unbelievable is that? With Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor narrating having his son John Connor become the Human Resistance leader against Skynet - the artificial intelligence that will be given control of the United States' nuclear missiles and initiate a nuclear holocaust called ''Judgment Day'' on August 1997. But this film came out in 1991 so there's no way that'll happen in real life. Sarah was arrested and imprisoned at a mental hospital after attempting to bomb a computer factory. So why didn't it show about what happened back there? Why didn't it show about what happened after she got pregnent to John Connor and she got arrested? Oh well. Anyways, Arnold Schwarzenegger reprises his role as The Terminator, this time a good guy. He went to the bar, wore somebody's clothes, took some sun glasses and ride off into the motorcycle. But then, a new terminator called T-1000 played by Robert Patrick is sent back in time to assassinate John Connor but was confronted by The Terminator who is sent back in time to protect John Connor. You can see why The Terminator is the second terminator and he become good because the first from the first Terminator movie is evil 'cause Sarah killed it. As the Terminator shoots T-1000, you can see that he is liquid metal. He can go through objects, walk through fire and become different people. The visual effects on T-1000 is absolutely incredible. Earl Boen as Dr. Silberman is a psychiatrist of Sarah Connor. He only had a small from the first film. He sounds like Rex from Toy Story. He sounds so similar than Wallace Shawn. I don't know. I just thought about it years ago. Michael Biehn has a cameo role in this and his acting is brilliant in this where he warns Sarah that John Connor's the target now. The scene where The Terminator and John called the Foster parents and The Terminator can imitate voices and realizing they're already dead. So The Terminator and John breaks Sarah free from the hospital and T-1000. They rescued Sarah and The Terminator says ''Come with me if you want to live.'' Damn, I forgot about that quote from the first Terminator film like what Michael Biehn as Kyle Reese said and The Terminator imitating the voices. I like the scene where Sarah stops Miles Dyson, creator of Skynet played by Joe Morton from letting Judgment Day happen. The Terminator and John arrive at his house and warns him to destroy the items and the designs in Cyberdyne. There's an amazing scene where The Terminator cut his arm and pulls his off making him realize that he's a cyborg. So they went into the Cyberdyne building to destroy all the stuff and retrieve the CPU and the arm. Miles Dyson get shot and sacrifices himself by exploding the entire building. Now there's no way for him to kill himself because he got shot, I really like him. I really like that scene actually is because he gasping repeatedly and says ''I don't know how much longer I can hold this.'' I use to say that when I was feeling sick years ago. The chase scene and the final battle between The Terminator, Sarah, John and T-1000 is phenomenal. I even love the part where Arnold says ''Hasta la vista, baby.'' The final scene where the Terminator says goodbye to John Connor is actually kinda sad but aside from that he says '' I know now why you cry, but it is something I could never do.'' and went into the lava and gives John a thumbs up. Many people love this movie just like I do so does my friends Jacob Dimmock, Thomas Raddings and Shannon Walker. Everybody's a huge fan of The Terminator films. I definitely think the first and the second are as good as each other. Much like from the 1980s, it's not classed as a horror film. It's more than the 80s sci-fi action film much like what James Cameron and Gale Anne Hurd did. This movie is kind of long. I think it's 147 mins long. Not that long though but it's considered be the longest film of the franchise. As far as sequels go, this movie is considered one of the best, most greatest films of all times much like my favorite film The Terminator the first one. But the first Terminator doesn't include at the Oscars it's still one of the greatest films of all time much like the sequel. From the beauty and the majesty of The Silence of the Lambs and Disney's Beauty and the Beast, this movie is most thrilling, most watchable, most greatest and most high rated movie at all time. In the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger: I'm back!
March 17, 2017
In my mind this is the best Terminator movie. Action-packed, awesome, good special effects, great acting, and one of the best sequels ever.
March 7, 2017
When a visionary director meets a brilliant story, this is the result. Pure movie magic.
March 5, 2017
Top 10 greatest action movies of all time. Essential Arnold picture, must see for sci fi and action fans alike.
March 3, 2017
The uncut version to me doesn't really add anything but it is still great just like the theatrical version.
March 3, 2017
This movie is near flawless and even after 24 years it still stands out as one of the best sci-fi films ever made. The extended special edition only adds more extended scenes and a few cut scenes to an already great film but the added footage does flesh out the characters more but proved unnecessary for the theatrical cut of which trimmed over 15 minutes of footage down to a 136 minute release. This extended cut as I like to call it is what I remember enjoying most because it was exclusive when first released on pioneer laserdisc and vhs special edition cuts. The extended footage had some extremely impressive special effects Stan Winston pulled off including using the real life twin of actor Linda Hamilton. This scene alone was worth the extra money for this cut. Anyway sit back and enjoy an extended cut of your favorite terminator movie :) you won't be disappointed.
February 26, 2017
GREAT.......FOR A PART 2!!