Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Terminator 2: Judgment Day Reviews

July 20, 2017
The movie advances on the original in a brilliant making a memorable, cool movie, that just might be better than the original.
July 19, 2017
A movie filled to the brim with action, an interesting story, lovable characters, and so much more makes it one of the greatest movies of all time. Highly recommended
½ July 18, 2017
Favourite terminator movie
July 16, 2017
Judgement Day is to Terminator what The Empire Strikes Back was to Star Wars. An equal sequel.
July 16, 2017
I am giving this movie a 10/10 rating based on its innovative story-line, breathtaking special effects, and its ability to intrigue the viewer.

My thoughts on this movie center mostly on the T-1000, as well as the upcoming sequel to T-2. The sequel, according to Linda Hamilton's Wikipedia page is scheduled for 2021.

As I watched T:2 over the weekend, I noticed something rather odd about the T-1000. When he was shot, blown up, and later melted in a pool of molten steel. He had no wiring or electrical components.

If he was truly a robot, cyborg, or android, then he would have had to have these components in order to function. Even in the end of the movie when his body was blasted open with a grenade launcher and his insides were exposed, there was no wiring or electrical components. This factor combined with his abilities to shape-shift and regenerate leads me to believe that this was no ordinary robot.

The T-1000's extraordinary composition and abilities lead me to believe that he was an alien and not a robot.

I believe that the 2021 sequel to T:2 should explore the possibilities of alien involvement in the creation of Skynet, and in the operations of Skynet, in the "Terminator" universe.
July 14, 2017
The only flaw in this move is Edward Furlong's voice cracks. This movie is a perfect action/adventure with Arnie at his best. The action and chase sequences are some of the best in film, and with it coming back to theatres soon, you wouldn't want to miss it.
July 13, 2017
Awesome. Robert Patrick was amazing as the T-1000. The definitive Terminator film
July 11, 2017
Turning T800 into a protagonist gets the movie an extra point. 4/5
July 11, 2017
Perfect sequel to a perfect movie
½ July 11, 2017
Highly compacted story made me fully focus on the movie. It is perfectly made. It is a masterpiece. And i have no other words to explain.
July 7, 2017
T2: Judgment day came out seven years after the original. The original was a very good and unique sci-fi horror movie that just so happened to be an action film, but the second in the franchise has the better movie, a better story, better action, better. everything. Sarah Connor is in prison because she has been wrongfully accused of being crazy due to her belief of the Terminator which tried to kill her in the first film. Her son, John Connor (Edward Furlong in his first role) is in foster care with awful parents, but he spends most of his time away from them. In the first film, the T-800 was sent to kill Sarah, but this time, Skynet sends a different terminator, the T-1000 (Robert Patrick). A basically indestructible and a more deadly terminator made of liquid metal. T-1000 has the ability to morph into anything and anyone, creating an antagonist to watch out for. He is sent to kill John so that in the future, the resistance would not have a leader. Except, John in the future reprograms the T-800 to go and protect him as a child (11-12 years old I think). Played masterfully by Schwarzenegger himself. Let me start off by saying that this movie is perfect, not a single flaw. Everything that was great about the first movie is multiplied several times to an extent of being THE best action film that will ever be made. It was an interesting twist to see the antagonist from the first film being one of the three protagonists in this one. I'm sure we can all agree that Arnold is a cooler hero than a villain. The king of sci-fi action, James Cameron, is back directing this one as well. I think he did a better job making this one. He brought a deep, emotional relationship between the T-800 and John Connor that was a very heartfelt and believable concept. Not to mention some of the best visuals ever put to the big screen that revolutionized the movie industry in a huge way. It was very influential and it still holds up extremely well. The action scenes are arguably the best ever put to screen. All of them were noticeably practical. As many have said: You don't need extreme violence to make effective action.
Over all, T2 without a doubt, surpassed the original. It is the best sequel ever made, one of the best sci-fi films ever made, the best action film ever...

heck with it, it's one of the best movies ever made period. 5/5 stars
July 2, 2017
The best Terminator movie to date. Who can forget the atomic bomb scene? Eek.
July 1, 2017
masterpiece, much more than an action movie
½ June 25, 2017
An equally as good, if not, better film than the original, with great visual effects and an even better performance from Schwarzenegger as the Terminator, and it proves that even cyborgs can somewhat have emotions. This film makes the Terminator less alien and more relatable, which is how it really differs from the first.
June 24, 2017
Better than the first one
June 22, 2017
'Terminator 2: Judgement Day' may very well be the magnum opus of action films, regardless of genre, and the point when James Cameron cemented himself as a Hollywood visionary.
June 16, 2017
This Film is one of my favorite action films of all time. I could watch it time and time again and it never gets old. This film is a masterpiece. It's so perfect. Arnold Schwarzenegger is amazing as The Terminator again, but this time he's here to save the day. Linda Hamilton plays a super tough Sarah Connor opposed to the super unbuff Sarah from the first film and she's awesome. Edward Furlong is great as John Connor, the future leader of the resistance. Let's not forget Robert Patrick as the T-1000, the main villain of the film. He's so cool in this film. This film has amazing cinematography and a great score. There are so many great moments in this film; Hasta La Vista Baby, The Truck Chase, The "Get Down" scene. So many great moments. A true masterpiece gem of action flicks. I super recommend this film.

Rating: 10/10
½ June 6, 2017
Terminator 2: Judgment Day is exactly what a sequel should be...a new twist on the first idea that makes things entirely fresh and wonderfully fun.
June 2, 2017
another james camerson classic changed action films and expanded the lore of the franchise
June 1, 2017
no words can define how even more legen wait for it dary it is