Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Terminator 2: Judgment Day Reviews

December 13, 2017
A brilliant sequel to one of the best movies of all time.
December 13, 2017
A deserving sequel to "the terminator" of 1984. Arnold now delivering protection still holds the role and character of the killing machine. A perfect action film, where you will want for nothing more, explosions, robots and a leather jacket...sweet. the effects here outdid the first film further pushing the limits at the time and paid off they stand the test of time even in 2017. Lina Hamilton gives a stunning strong female lead appearance showing transition and power. Its able to still deliver the chase and thriller feeling but had some lighter moments that are just kept in check enough to keep its audience in its hands. A must see film for all.
December 12, 2017
Phenomenal performances, amazing visual effects that still hold up, and heart pounding action sequences... T2 isn't just the best Terminator film, it's one of the best sci-fi/action films ever, and personally one of my favorite films.
November 20, 2017
One of the best sequel movies of all time EVER. The first Terminator is a bit overrated nowadays IMO likely due to technological advancements but oh my God, was this sequel amazing. It was released in 1991, but the special effects are as stunning to this very day as the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park. A mixture of CGI and regular practical effects and it's still pleasing to the eye. I completely agree with Jeremy of CinemaSins' statement about how the effects were a lot better than the ones we have nowadays. From what I heard, some of the effects weren't even CGI despite what their visual appearance would suggest. The T1000 is an intimidating villain who is a guy you should run away from really fast because of his sword-hands, ability to blend in with the floor and look like your long-lost twin if you're the same size (FUN FACT: Those were actual twins in the scene with the guard). Unlike the first film, the R rating is justified here. Arnold Schwarzenneger is awesome in this movie as he becomes one of the good guys. The action sequences are great, even better than the first. Sarah Connor evolves from the first film from a damsel in distress who will become a great leader into a badass action girl. I also found the movie to be deep at heart as I was really invested into how John taught the T800 human things as the T800 learns the value of human life. One of the most genuine bonds I have seen in ages. In many ways, T2 succeeds where the first film failed.
November 8, 2017
TERMINATOR 2 is a visionary movie so well made, so entertaining and has so much thrilling, wall-to-wall action, that you might want to bring some earplugs- it gets loud. But what sets this movie apart from other sci-fi/action films is not just the incredible, cutting-edge visual effects and the brilliant editing is the depth of the story and characters. There are no action scenes here that are just out in for fun. Everything moves the story forward. And the emotional resonance is there- but it is not as strong as it could be. There are also some character decisions made here that I do not agree with. As brilliant a director as he is, James Cameron is not really that good a writer- particularly when it comes to dialogue. But that doesn't balance anything out- there are far more positives than negatives here.
November 4, 2017
Having rewatched this film recently I realised my initial review of this film was really unfair. It's not as strong as first film in the sense of story. Visually on the other hand it's an absolute masterpiece! I completely forgot how good the defects were in this movie. Ok some of the CGI looks a bit dated but that's understandable but the use of practical effects in this movie is absolutely impeccable. I showed this movie to my step son recently and he'd never seen it before. He didn't know what year it was made and halfway through he said "the effects in this film are amazing!" That's what really amazed me about it, it's over 20 years old and it looks better than a lot of modern blockbusters. Arnie is fantastic as the Terminator and the rest of the cast hold their own also. The scene in the biker bar at the start has to be one of my favourite scenes of all time.
November 2, 2017
One of the best action films ever made, T2 somehow manages to improve on the original with double the killer cyborgs, improved special effects, and amazing action. Edward Furlong isn't that great as John Connor, but Linda Hamilton, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Robert Patrick all give great performances. James Cameron's direction is even better than the first film, and the script is just as great.
October 23, 2017
Terminator 2 Judgement Day: While not as fast paced as its predessor T2's impressive action scenes and stroytelling make up for a good sequel. With more of a focus on its chracters making it argaubly better than the first film.
September 29, 2017
One of the best action/sci-fi movies of all time. Perfect film... 10/10
September 26, 2017
James Cameron's smart take on The Terminator was a huge success. Going into two I was worried that it would not do well like so many others. But that's not the case for a bigger budgeted Terminator packed with heavy action and character development which makes this film shine in its own right. A good sequel. And one of the best movies ever made.
½ September 23, 2017
Cameron elevates the franchise with spectacle and a great story. Schwarzenegger and Hamilton are great, but Patrick is terrifying.
September 9, 2017
Excellent sequel that excels expectations. James Cameron did an amazing work once again with the Terminator; the story + the CGI + the performances makes this one of the best action movies ever.
September 8, 2017
I was able to watch this in theaters when I was young and boy did it blow me away. It was the first time I saw CGI that would later become such an importance for films today. Many film goers may suggest that "Jurassic Park" was the film that broke the barrier, but one would agree that CGI originally was revealed to the world with this movie.

The story, acting and action was a good watch, but the real eye-opener was the T1000 and the CGI that made it so wonderfully to view. During that time when CGI wasn't played out as it is today, it was an amazing thing to see something that you knew was going to pave the way for films that would be done in a whole new way.

With a 100 million dollar budget, you had to know you were going to watch something special and a budget like that was nonexistent making it the first of its kind.
September 8, 2017
Hasta La Vista, Baby!
August 28, 2017
This is one of those rare sequels that takes everything great about the first film and improves on it. From the story to the action, effects and music, James Cameron crafted a wonderous flim that has stodd the test of time and will continue to be remembered for a long time
August 24, 2017
One of the best action films ever made.
August 24, 2017
Excellent sequel that ups the ante, I just finished watching this in 3D at the cinema and my love for this film hasn't changed after all these years. James Cameron has always been a master craftsman and you only need to watch Terminator and Aliens to understand he is leagues ahead of the other blockbuster filmmakers. He has incredible beats and the story is never sacrificed for an unnecessary action sequence, modern filmmakers build entire plotlines around action scenes and the emptiness is evident. Terminator is one of my favorite science fiction/action films ever made, it blew me away on my first screening and the first 2 films are just brilliant. It's a shame number 3, 4 and 5 don't have Cameron at the helm, an argument with the rights left us with a middle film in the middle of an epic final chapter. The series undoubtedly peaked here, the other films just became empty popcorn movies and the franchise has been left unwanted. I hope Cameron can return the franchise back to the glory days and you only need watch this film to know why. The craftsmanship here was in the early development but it is undeniable, Cameron is one, if not the greatest innovative filmmaker in Hollywood. Don't mistake my comments for storytelling, he is always pushing the boundaries of technology, which great for modern cinema. There is a reason people go to watch the films he makes. Check out in the cinemas if you can, this current weekend. 24-08-2017.
August 23, 2017
I've seen this movie a million times. Obviously best of the 3
August 16, 2017
One of the Best Sequels, One of the Best sci-fi films, One of my favourite movies in genral and probably the Best Action Movie ever made, Terminator 2 is a Spectacular Masterpiece. What I love most about this film it that even though it's an Action Spectacle and has Incredible action set pieces it's more about characters and there relationships. it has wonderfully written and well developed characters who all have a beginning, middle and end, Linda Hamilton blew me away in this movie with her performance as Sarah Conner, i did like her in the first one but I loved her more in this one she bought so many layers and dimensions to her character that you really cared for her and understood where she's coming from. Edward Furlong was also really good and I really liked his relationship with The Terminator who I'll talk about in a sec. Now onto the T-1000 who was a great and menacing Villian played Brilliantly by Robert Patrick I loved how he was an advanced prototype that made him almost unbeatable. Now onto The Terminator played again by Arnold Schwarzenegger I liked how james Cameron turned him from a great villian to a great hero and to be honest I actually prefer the hero one reason being is that I said I really like the chemistry between him and young John Conner their relationship was funny heartwarming and also unexpectedly emotional. Obviously the Special Effects were Revolutionary at the time and still to this day hold up Extremely well. A phenomenal film that actually gets better and better as I watch it every time. The story is engaging,a smart script with great character depth, fantastic direction with breathtaking Action Sequences THIS MOVIE IS A TRIUMPH.
½ August 15, 2017
one of my favorite movies ever. Maybe the smartest idea for a movie, and so far ahead of it's time when it was probably difficult to even fathom. super intense with awesome action. so many memorable scenes and revolutionary moments. took the original to a whole new level (about 6 viewings)