Terms And Conditions May Apply - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Terms And Conditions May Apply Reviews

October 18, 2016
One of a few good documentaries I've seen about a topic that seems harmless and inevitable, when in reality it is still in our control...but extremely dangerous and forever out of our control in the wrong hands. You'll walk away asking important questions and I strongly recommend you watch this one, and others like it.
February 19, 2016
A chilling reflection on the realities of the surveillance and lack of privacy inherent in the digital lives we live. "But I have nothing to hide," until something happens to you and the media descends and suddenly your entire digital history is up for grabs... Because it's out there. Companies may promise privacy but, what do the T's and C's really say? Is there any real limit to the government's right to access our information? Is the endless expansion of the military and law enforcement really such a good idea? Do we really want the government to be able to break encryption on demand? It's probably ironic to be writing this on Facebook
January 20, 2016
super interesting and mind opening this one of those movies that everyone needs to see cause everyone clicks "I Agree" when they dont read the terms and conditions of something
January 9, 2016
Il n'y a aucune ambition cinématographique dans ce documentaire extrêmement court qui explique aux spectateurs ce qui se cache derrière les conditions d'utilisations de nombreux sites et appareils électroniques qu'on utilise tous les jours. Heureusement pour Cullen Hoback, le sujet est assez passionnant pour passer outre certaines facilités de mise en scène et une structure scénaristique parfois bancale et souvent chaotique (certaines parties du film durent un quart d'heure, d'autres moins de cinq minutes et sont un peu hors-focus). Il reste tout de même les intervenants, qui sont quasiment tous passionnants. Les Nouveaux Loups du Web est un film vraiment intéressant mais pas inoubliable.
December 20, 2015
good information surprisingly I learned more than I knew when i started.
December 19, 2015
Big Brother, NSA, and privacy issues in the digital era. Great documentary. Available on Netflix streaming.
½ November 1, 2015
Scary how our world works now
½ September 4, 2015
A very thoughtful and funny movie about what has happened with all the Agree statements we click online. The movie covers beginning contracts and privacy agreements, and how they have now evolved to limit (and almost end) our privacy, and how this information is for sale to other corporations and to the government. Enjoyable docu-comedy.
September 3, 2015
Facts shown about the internet in a very boring way.
July 24, 2015
Very informative...crazy!
May 28, 2015
I have never rated a film on any website before. I have never created an account on a website which is primarily used for film ratings. I created this account for the sole purpose of rating this documentary 5 stars. The insights are incredible. The information being gathered and publicized is necessary and, in my opinion, should be heard by ever single person on the face of the earth that has ever used any piece of modern technology. If you've ever used a phone (landline or cellphone [smartphone, flip phone, or an 80's brick phone), a computer (your personal computer or laptop, one at work or even at the library), a TV with any provider, etc., you absolutely much see this film. I have created accounts and will post this review on IMDB, Metacritic, and Rotten Tomatoes.
April 1, 2015
Very well done movie.
½ March 19, 2015
Terms and Conditions May Apply is an investing documentary movie that might convince some owners to read it. It's actually a great idea to do a documentary on this as, pretty much, everybody just skims through it and just click accept. What they accept it for really intrigued me. It's like getting the medicine but not knowing about the side effects, people just got themselves in a bit of a risky road that they didn't realize unless they read the Terms and Conditions. The narrator knew how to say the facts with such detail, and the interviewers are interesting to watch even if some of them are a bit bland. The movie may give you some details that you might already know, depending on how much you know about it, the movie gives you a lot of detail that might actually surprise you. It's really thought-provoking, and it has a really nice cameo at the end that also gives out some interesting details that even he was a bit freaked out about it. Terrific documentary.
February 25, 2015
Able to use the internet? Must watch this documentary. A little slow in the beginning, it's easy going to style grows on you.
February 24, 2015
Once you watch this movie, you will be extremely careful what you place on your Facebook or even talk on your cell phone. This will blow your mind away.
Documentary on how Facebook, Google ,AT&T and all wireless companies handles your "Private" data...or what we believe is our own private data.
This is one worth seeing.
February 19, 2015
????? ???? ???? ??? ??? ????????. ? ????? ???????, ????? ???????... ? ?????? ??????? ???? ??????? ????????? ? ???, ??? ??????????.
February 18, 2015
Although a bit dated, even in 2015, the point of documentary still remains a strong one, and is made with great effect.
½ February 17, 2015
Not just a documentary about Internet privacy, but a non-fiction horror flick for anyone who blindly agrees to user licensing agreements online (a.k.a. everyone).
December 30, 2014
Terms & Conditions May Apply is a documentary that takes us to the world of the agreements that we simply scroll through and agree to down the bottom without even really reading the content that is put in the section.
The show goes through and shows us that the true element of Privacy is no longer there it does not exist.
It blows my mind what kind of world we live in now.
I recommend this for everyone and this teaches you how and what you put on your social network sites and how nothing is really ever secure once its out on the world wide web.
Watch it and make up your own mind.
October 13, 2014
You really should watch this is you use the Internet.