Terror in the Aisles Reviews

• Oct 23, 2016

es un documental de películas de terror.. que pereza.

es un documental de películas de terror.. que pereza.

• Dec 14, 2015

This is a surprisingly good collection of some of the best moments in terror, horror and suspense from the early days of film right up until this film was produced. The effective use of Donald Pleasence [famous for Halloween] and Nancy Allen [Dressed to Kill] as hosts, sitting in a darkened theater, is aided by a seamlessly edited grouping of clips by Greg McClatchy and supported by a very expensive sounding and well composed score by John Beal. Don't miss this!

• Oct 31, 2015

This is essentially just a bunch of clips from famous horror films, and is hosted by Donald Pleasance("Halloween") and Nancy Allen("Robocop"). I've seen most the films they focus on, but not all. Worth a watch for fans of the genre.

• Apr 14, 2015

A walk down memory lane.....terror style.

A walk down memory lane.....terror style.

• Aug 08, 2014

Frankly, looking back on it now, it amazes me that "Terror in the Aisles" got made at all, let alone played in movie theaters across this country. It's lovingly referred to as a "documentary", which may be the worst application of that word ever since this is basically just a compilation movie. It's a cluttered and unorganized but nevertheless fun trip down memory lane with a lot of hilariously silly written material for stars Donald Pleasance and Nancy Allen to intone during and between the clips. They really don't have anything impactful to say as this isn't a deep exploration of why people love scary movies or their history, but it's fun to listen to. At one point the writers pretty much bite the hand that feeds them as Allen goes off on this tangent about sex always leading to violence and how these films seem to glorify violence against women. It just seems kind of odd to throw something like that into a movie of this nature. The clips themselves offer the viewer a chance to revisit some great moments in horror cinema over the course of about five decades even if a lot of them lose their impact when taken out of context like this. The only other issue I had was the fact that so much time is spent showcasing non-horror films like "Nighthawks" and "Vice Squad," but it's even kind of neat seeing those scenes again. "Terror in the Aisles" is an unique picture, a grab bag of quality and entertainment value that won't have any meaning for a lot of people. The hardcore addicts, however, will eat it up.

• Apr 17, 2014

that's have in his time a good horror but now is funny is good

that's have in his time a good horror but now is funny is good

• Jun 29, 2013

Terror in the Aisles is a documentary made in the 80's that talks about lots of different horror and thriller films and how they affect us as we watch them. It doesn't get technical or anything though. It's more or less a greatest hits package of scary and gory moments from many movies up to that point. Donald Pleasance and Nancy Allen both host the film and there are just too many films to list that are featured in the documentary, so I won't even try. The film was lost to the VHS heap for many years until Universal saw fit to release it as an extra on a blu-ray release of Halloween II, which I felt was a smart move on their part. It probably doesn't need its own release, and the rights to the many clips from many different studios and production companies (as well as score) would cost a pretty penny, so it got folded over into the Halloween II blu-ray to pay the bill I'm sure. It's a fun documentary that goes on a bit longer than it needs to but if you haven't seen it, you might spot a few movies from the genres that you've missed out on.

• Nov 29, 2012

An entertaining documentary on terror in films focusing on horror, suspense, science fiction movies and thrillers from the classics to modern films. Hosted by Donald Pleasence (Halloween) and Nancy Allen (Robocop). "Terror in the Aisles" features clips of scenes and trailers from some of the most thrilling, shocking and terrifying movies ever made (at least up to 1983). While this type of thing may not appeal to everyone, it is fun trying to point out all the different movies that are touched upon throughout the film by the scenes that are shown and Pleasence does add a certain air to the presentation that really adds to the fun. Here is a list of some movies from which clips are shown. Halloween Halloween II Frankenstein Bride of Frankenstein The Wolf Man The Creature From the Black Lagoon Tarantula The Deadly Mantis King Kong vs. Godzilla Wait Until Dark The Birds Psycho An American Werewolf in London The Howling The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

• Nov 11, 2012

I was expecting more meat to this one, but as far as a background noise kind of experience, I could see this being fun at a party. I suppose I went into it thinking there'd be more of a scholarly approach to things, where this mostly feels like a clip show, and a lot of it will spoil key moments from certain films, so beware when sitting down to this one, you may see all the 'money shots' out of any number of films. Don't get me wrong, it's fun to see vintage Nancy Allen and Donald Pleasance talking about this stuff, but don't expect to get schooled about anything. Rental?

• Jul 02, 2012

Good documentary. Explains perfectly all the points of terror in horror and suspense movies.