Terror Tract - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Terror Tract Reviews

½ August 16, 2016
Interesting stories, but it feels cheap and poorly acted.
½ July 15, 2016
All three short stories could've made interesting feature-length films but not an anthology film.
½ November 13, 2014
½ October 17, 2014
Some good chuckles in this horror comedy anthology, especially the wrap-around story with Bob the real estate agent.
½ November 29, 2013
Fun anthology horror flick. John Ritter was great.
½ October 3, 2013
Boy, did this movie have a cheap, low-budget TV movie feel to it. Maybe that was the intent, I'm not entirely sure, but the fact of the matter is that the shorts in this film are cheap, low-rent, and not particularly entertaining, and it doesn't really even provide unintentional laughs. I thought the concept was decent enough, I mean it's an anthology film so there's only so much you can do with the concept, but I thought the idea of John Ritter showing a couple three houses with fucked up past was pretty cool, given the limitations. And I thought the ending was pretty good all things considered. But this was a movie that, I think, had its eyes on actually being funny and there's only one scene that I recall where I actually laughed. It was the in the climax, when John Ritter's character is stabbing David Deluise's character while telling him the benefits of living in the neighborhood. Yes, that was the only scene I found funny. And none of the stories are really all that horrific to warrant much of a mention really. I guess the best short would be the fist one, as it's the least goofy one of them all and the one with actually a pretty clever story. The other two are absolutely lame, with far more laughably bad moments than genuinely funny, or terrifying, moments. And I hate to say this because the second short, the one with the evil monkey, features one of my favorite actors in Bryan Cranston. Even he can't make this goofy ass concept work. I don't really think anything in this movie works, at all. The comedy's no good, the horror is even worse, especially in the last segment with the Granny Killer, and the cast, IE: Cranston and Ritter, are wasted in this substandard anthology horror film.
½ September 12, 2013
A trilogy of 'horror' in the Creepshow style. More tongue-in-cheek than scary, it's a decent time waster with a few laughs and a bizarrely funny ending.
½ July 28, 2013
Pretty good movie. Decent, though predictable, stories, with good performances from some of its cast, especially Cranston and Ritter.
January 16, 2013
John Ritter, Bryan Cranston and even Marcus "Buff" Bagwell star in this darkly comic horror anthology, ala "Tales from the Crypt." John Ritter serves as the Crypt Keeper although he's instead a genial realtor who keeps over-sharing the dark history of each of the three houses he's trying to sell. The stories themselves are not all that clever, engaging or even scary, but it's not the worst horror anthology I've ever seen (that would be George A. Romero's "Deadtime Stories"). I suppose you do get to see Walter White terrorized by a helper monkey.
August 3, 2012
I saw this movie on cable years ago. I loved it! I found it to be inventive and creepy, as our friend John Ritter plays a real-estate salesman who shows a young couple three houses..that each have a terrible tale behind them. From a killer monkey, to a insane husband, to a masked killer, it's a fun romp.
June 23, 2012
If you like the old school "Tales from the Crypt" style movie then this is for you! 3 short stories all linked to the main story. Each story is different in its own way. I've enjoyed watching this film and the ending is hilarious. If your looking for a scary jump off of your seat type movie then this is not for you.
June 28, 2011
Terror Tract is a fun little footnote in the career of a guy whose whole career might be so classified.
½ May 31, 2011
Terror Tract is an alright film. It's not spectacular, but it's not bad either. It has a neat bumper story of a man desperately trying to sell a couple a house, but each house has a gruesome story behind it. There's your typical story about a woman cheating on her husband, and the woman and her lover kill her husband. It reminded me a lot of the segment in Creepshow with Leslie Nielson. It was pretty boring and the twist wasn't that great. The second story is of a man's daughter who befriends a monkey, but the monkey isn't too keen on the dad. This one reminded me of a Tales From the Darkside: The Movie (the cat segment) meets Of Unknown Origin meets Monkey Shines. I found it to be entertaining, although predictable. The final tale is about a "granny killer", a person who wears a rubber granny mask and kills young women. The old hag mask has been used in Curtains, and I just know there's a movie where a person can see a murder being happened using some sort of telepathic gift. The bumper stories are the best, with John Ritter's awesome performance. It's worth watching, but it's not spectacular.
½ May 27, 2011
Good little Creepshow type flick With tongue firmly planted in cheek!!!
½ February 12, 2011
Pretty cool. John Ritter is still funny after all these years. The stories were fun and scary and is impressive where anthologies go.
½ March 18, 2010
ouf, je ressors ce film des boules à mites. Il s'agit d'un film dans la même veine que Tales from the Crypt ou Creepshow. je l'avais vu à 10 ans et g détesté, g décidé de le revoir GRAVE ERREUR!!! Ce n'est que de la foutu merde. Les personnages agissent comme des crétins ( l'Histoire du singe est définitivement la pire, La petite fille est la plus insupportable de l'histoire du cinéma. Je suis contre les 'enfants battues mais elle je l'aurais battue en tbk!) Seul les parties avec John ritter sont bonnes et la troisième histoire aurait dû être un long-métrage à lui seul. Le granny Killer aurait eu du potentiel. Si vous voulez descendre un film de merde, le voici...
February 12, 2010
This was awful ... It wasn't scary and it wasn't even funny
½ October 20, 2009
I obtained this movie as a double feature with the great "Cherry Falls" (which is the only way you can own it on DVD... lame) and wasn't even going to bother watching it. But boredom hit, the itching for something new came into play and I popped it in the player. I must say I was over-all surprised; this is a decent little sleeper anthology. It surrounds a dude (John Ritter) trying to sell a couple three different houses, all with their own evil history attatched to it. The first story involves a hussy wife and her duder killing her husband and covering it up. It wasn't very scary all around and pretty predictable, there was also a certain character move that was pretty unbelievable, consdiering the storyline. But it stayed entertaining, dark and edgy. The second story was my favorite of the lot and involved a father, his little girl and a monkey that they find, who isn't as innocent as it looks. This one involved me big time, had me rooting for the good guy to win (a rarity) and an ending that blew me away. The third story involved a kid going to a psychiatrist, claiming to have a psychic link with a serial killer. One one hand, the killer was a little freaky while being humorous, the build-up was awesome and the performances were great, but it was still pretty predictable (not as much as the first story). Overall, this one was really good but could've been more. The wrap-around story was pretty interesting and sported a wacky ending. It worked, but felt kind of like a last minute, random thing. Overall, it was fun and fit the movie well. Clint Hutchison and Lance W. Dreesen gave a good show on their stories. The first story was the least intense, but the other were were way intense and they all flow very easily. The wrap around is also great with energy coming through the camera. Good job on their parts. One thing for sure, this will be the movie that made me like John Ritter (RIP). He gives a pretty funny showing and I enjoyed his performance. Rachel York has to play a mess and does it well. Carmine D. Giovinazzo felt off as a badass but the fact that the dude is so pumped convinced me enough. Bryan Cranston felt very real and convincing in his role. Will Estes did a very good job and displayed vulnerability with a bit of suspicion wonderously. Brenda Strong was effective and a delight to watch. Buff Bagwell shows up in a funny cameo. If you dig Creepshow, you'll dig this movie. It does nothing to stand-out as an amazing genre effort and is predictable at times, but it's easy, it's quick and most importantly, it entertains. That's all I could ask for. Looking for a fun and effortless evening with a horror movie? This is a perfect choice.
September 22, 2008
Most stories are a little too classic to my taste. But still effective.
And the end shows great potential for that neighborhood.
Thank you Marion for telling me about that movie.
May 13, 2008
This is one of the few times in a horror anthology where the framing storyline is actually interesting and not just an excuse to link a few segments together... Unfortunately, all the tales told within the film are complete derivatives of other horror films (the first is lifted directly from "Creepshow", the second from "Monkey Shines", and the third is "The Eyes of Laura Mars" meets "Dressed to Kill"). Not recommended, but I do admit I was entertained by John Ritter's cheesy, hammy, and over-the-top performance.