TerrorVision - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

TerrorVision Reviews

February 22, 2017
Very silly and over the top 80s horror/comedy with an awesome monster and a ton of fun characters. I like "OD" as the metal boyfriend who talks like a surfer, there are also the swinger parents and the new wave dayglo daughter (Diane franklin from The Last American Virgin). A lot of fun
January 17, 2017
Shrill, stupid and filled with deeply annoying overly cartoonish character's, Terrorvison is still worth a punt for horror junkies for it's stylised, skittles coloured production design and for John Carl Buechler's gloriously gloopy, KY jelly covered creature effects, it can be a gory fun, time just turn the volume down every time someone talks and your good.
½ January 9, 2017
Campy, cheesy horror fun. Definitely one of the better flicks from Charles Band and company.
September 22, 2016
TerrorVision es una de esas cintas de serie B hijas de su época. No es buena en ningún sentido, pero tiene algo especial en mala baba y casquería, que nos regala hora y media de sangre, visceras y mucha mucha diversión.

No será un clásico, pero sin duda te hará pasar un rato genial.
½ May 30, 2016
Zany, madcap and lots of fun. Sit back with a Heiny and enjoy this sci-fi horror comedy.
May 15, 2016
Over the top 80s horror b movie with some amazingly over the top performances and dialogue that puts you into sock there creatures kind of look cool if you love shitty horror films this one is for you
½ April 5, 2016
It's bad, don't get me wrong; the creature effects are shoddy, it's incredibly uneven and everything is so silly that it's at times hard to stomach. However it's a lively and inventive slice of schlock with a fun cast of characters and a scathing (if slight) commentary on excessive 80's culture; basically becoming what it's poking fun of.
February 21, 2016
very 80s, very awesome
½ December 31, 2015
While I consider it to be "only" a 9/10, I think Terrorvision is perhaps the most criminally underrated movie of the 20th century. The characters are amazingly well written and acted, each one is a flawless bullet point for a scathing contemporaneous criticism of early 1980s culture, society and politics. The intentionally artificial, TV-show like set design artfully frames the entire movie and makes the absurd unrealistic characters that would be otherwise laughable and easily dismissed become utterly appropriate and enjoyable, each one a gear in a well crafted machine of storytelling and commentary. This is not the so-bad-it's-good 80s horror that so many people dismiss it as, under it's thin veil of comedy it is a plaintive statement on the deterioration of the country and it's people in the 'me' generation perhaps only second to "Poltergeist'. It is nothing less than a masterpiece.

[PLUG]

If you want to hear more people slobbering all over this movie, check out the 14th episode of our podcast, The Horror Explorer Podcast.

[/PLUG]
November 12, 2015
Sooooo Bad good campy soundtrack though - I soo ashamed - i enoyed its campy ride to the hilt - and Im straight - But I feel the understanding ?? OK its fun
October 14, 2015
This is a comedy with horror and science-fiction elements that doesn't makes sense.
September 14, 2015
The theme song alone warns you of the ridiculousness you are about to witness. TerrorVision is a little bit over the top, but pretty entertaining with impressive monster design, cheesy comedy, and fun gore.
June 12, 2015
Another film I'd always wanted to see since the video shop days which disappoints. I reckon our video shop only bought the really bad movies with intriguing covers. This is an example of what happens when you spend all the money on the monsters and none on the cast.
½ January 24, 2015
It's from the same director that made Bad Channels, so if you have seen that then you'd have an idea what to expect here (and if you liked this and haven't seen that, then that would be a recommendation).

It's a very goofy movie that's held up by a better than average cast. The monster and alien look good enough (nice and slimy). It tries a bit too hard with the humor, but there actually are a few jokes that land and had me laughing. It also looks pretty good, even if they're just obvious sets. It's bizarre how Charles Band was making movies like this with fairly elaborate sets, makeup, and costumes with the Empire brand, only to later make such cheap looking movies with Full Moon.

If you like bad movies (or Diane Franklin) then you'll likely enjoy this movie. Outside of the Stuart Gordon movies, this is one of the better Empire Pictures movies.
January 4, 2015
One of the first films I can remember watching..
½ September 25, 2014
Oh man, this film is brilliantly ridiculous in the way only 80s horror comedies can be. Every line of dialogue is hilarious (for reasons both intentional and unintentional); the sets and characters are incredibly 80s (the daughter even dresses like Cyndi Lauper!) and the first hour is amazingly enjoyable. After that it starts to lag somewhat, but I will admit the ending was unexpected!
May 9, 2014
This was an absolutely excellent movie that was a ton of fun.
Lots of humour and gore combine for a classic sci-fi/horror movie that should be seen by fans of either genre.
½ April 28, 2014
A fun and silly horror movie, which seems like it would be best suited for a younger adult audience. Don't expect a masterpiece, but do expect a mildly fun time! If you enjoy weird 80's movies involving even weirder monsters then this is for you
½ March 11, 2014
This is a bad movie where even the slime feels messy.
November 23, 2013
Funny But Extremely Boring!