TerrorVision - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

TerrorVision Reviews

½ May 30, 2016
Zany, madcap and lots of fun. Sit back with a Heiny and enjoy this sci-fi horror comedy.
May 15, 2016
Over the top 80s horror b movie with some amazingly over the top performances and dialogue that puts you into sock there creatures kind of look cool if you love shitty horror films this one is for you
½ April 5, 2016
It's bad, don't get me wrong; the creature effects are shoddy, it's incredibly uneven and everything is so silly that it's at times hard to stomach. However it's a lively and inventive slice of schlock with a fun cast of characters and a scathing (if slight) commentary on excessive 80's culture; basically becoming what it's poking fun of.
February 21, 2016
very 80s, very awesome
½ December 31, 2015
While I consider it to be "only" a 9/10, I think Terrorvision is perhaps the most criminally underrated movie of the 20th century. The characters are amazingly well written and acted, each one is a flawless bullet point for a scathing contemporaneous criticism of early 1980s culture, society and politics. The intentionally artificial, TV-show like set design artfully frames the entire movie and makes the absurd unrealistic characters that would be otherwise laughable and easily dismissed become utterly appropriate and enjoyable, each one a gear in a well crafted machine of storytelling and commentary. This is not the so-bad-it's-good 80s horror that so many people dismiss it as, under it's thin veil of comedy it is a plaintive statement on the deterioration of the country and it's people in the 'me' generation perhaps only second to "Poltergeist'. It is nothing less than a masterpiece.

[PLUG]

If you want to hear more people slobbering all over this movie, check out the 14th episode of our podcast, The Horror Explorer Podcast.

[/PLUG]
November 12, 2015
Sooooo Bad good campy soundtrack though - I soo ashamed - i enoyed its campy ride to the hilt - and Im straight - But I feel the understanding ?? OK its fun
October 14, 2015
This is a comedy with horror and science-fiction elements that doesn't makes sense.
September 14, 2015
The theme song alone warns you of the ridiculousness you are about to witness. TerrorVision is a little bit over the top, but pretty entertaining with impressive monster design, cheesy comedy, and fun gore.
June 12, 2015
Another film I'd always wanted to see since the video shop days which disappoints. I reckon our video shop only bought the really bad movies with intriguing covers. This is an example of what happens when you spend all the money on the monsters and none on the cast.
½ January 24, 2015
It's from the same director that made Bad Channels, so if you have seen that then you'd have an idea what to expect here (and if you liked this and haven't seen that, then that would be a recommendation).

It's a very goofy movie that's held up by a better than average cast. The monster and alien look good enough (nice and slimy). It tries a bit too hard with the humor, but there actually are a few jokes that land and had me laughing. It also looks pretty good, even if they're just obvious sets. It's bizarre how Charles Band was making movies like this with fairly elaborate sets, makeup, and costumes with the Empire brand, only to later make such cheap looking movies with Full Moon.

If you like bad movies (or Diane Franklin) then you'll likely enjoy this movie. Outside of the Stuart Gordon movies, this is one of the better Empire Pictures movies.
January 4, 2015
One of the first films I can remember watching..
½ September 25, 2014
Oh man, this film is brilliantly ridiculous in the way only 80s horror comedies can be. Every line of dialogue is hilarious (for reasons both intentional and unintentional); the sets and characters are incredibly 80s (the daughter even dresses like Cyndi Lauper!) and the first hour is amazingly enjoyable. After that it starts to lag somewhat, but I will admit the ending was unexpected!
May 9, 2014
This was an absolutely excellent movie that was a ton of fun.
Lots of humour and gore combine for a classic sci-fi/horror movie that should be seen by fans of either genre.
½ April 28, 2014
A fun and silly horror movie, which seems like it would be best suited for a younger adult audience. Don't expect a masterpiece, but do expect a mildly fun time! If you enjoy weird 80's movies involving even weirder monsters then this is for you
½ March 11, 2014
This is a bad movie where even the slime feels messy.
November 23, 2013
Funny But Extremely Boring!
September 25, 2013
What did you expect it is a 1980s horror movie? Anyways I really like it and people should try to see it.
August 23, 2013
Awesome 80's camp horror at its cheesy best.
August 7, 2013
a comedic masterpiece.
½ July 24, 2013
Charles Band turned out his fair share of turkeys during his time with Empire Pictures, but "Terrorvision" was a rare bright spot. Mind you, it's still pretty bad, but I appreciated the fact that it wears its campiness as a badge of honor and plays the entire movie for laughs.

Band goes all out, knowing that people were going to be laughing at it anyway, and the first half of the picture is surprisingly effective. Mary Woronov and Gerritt Graham are actually very funny in the lead roles, and Bert Remsen gets a lot of laughs as Grandpa is well. '80's fave Diane Franklin is pretty and quite fetching as their daughter, seemingly channeling pop icon Cyndi Lauper.

It's a lot of fun until the midway point when you start to realize that a little of it goes a long way, and even at its abbreviated running time the film wears out its welcome long before the credits roll. The laughs dry up, the novelty of the terrible special effects wear off and Graham, Remsen and Woronov disappear leaving the picture's fate up to the youngsters in the cast. They can't carry it.

Still, the brightest star in the whole film, oddly enough, is the production design by Giovanni Natalucci. At times, the house is the real star here, a gaudy swingers paradise with some of the most garish paintings and sculptures you can imagine. The attention to detail they gave to a tiny film like this is amazing.

"Terrorvision" is a silly little film that starts off enjoyably campy but cannot sustain that giddy feeling all the way to the end. It's fun, to a point.