Tess of the Storm Country - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tess of the Storm Country Reviews

½ October 4, 2016
only film Pickford did and then re-filmed
January 2, 2012
This is only the 3rd (of many I plan on seeing) Mary Pickford film I've see ( the other 2 being "Sparrows" and "Stella Maris") and I can see why she was a very popular actress in her day. Not just a pretty face, but a great actress who's characters you're always rooting for. "Tess" was very well done and all the characters in the story were interesting. A story of not only how rich people view the less fortunate but also how some people would let others rot in jail instead revealing the truth. I LIKED ( not loved, I thought Stella Maris was better) this silent movie and look forward to enjoy more from Mary Pickford
½ October 3, 2008
Perhaps the best silent film I have ever seen. Mary Pickford is fantastic in this engrossing version of Grace Miller White's novel.
June 10, 2008
I wish I could watch every movie ever made but I sadly don't have the time. I'm not interested in this movie because I don't think I'll like it or don't know enough about it to think I might like it. I may still end up seeing it some day though.
December 24, 2007
Tess, as played by Mary Pickford, shows what it means to be a true Christian (and I don't mean that in a preachy way). She just underlines the hypocrisy of her so-called "betters." Excellent film for anyone who thinks that Pickford only played little girls in ringlets.
October 19, 2007
Technically a bit compromised due to age, but the message is a great tale of Christian hypocrisy. The gap between the 'haves' and the 'have-nots' is wide. A wonderful story of loyalty, love and true Christian charity.
June 25, 2007
One of my favorite Mary Pickford movies. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll cry harder...
June 12, 2007
By far my favorite Pickford film. It's just magical.
May 29, 2007
It's a silent film and it deals with teen pregnancy. Awesome? I thought so.
April 28, 2007
ill give it a shout.
January 24, 2007
Social issues through a 1920s era lens! Wow, this would be awesome to see!
January 21, 2007
wanna see it i cant wAIT LOL !!!