Tetsujin niju-hachigo,(Tetsujin 28) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tetsujin niju-hachigo,(Tetsujin 28) Reviews

October 2, 2009
Tetsujin 28! Live Action! Great film, joyful to watch!
August 13, 2008
A lovely little film - slow-moving, cliched and with CG effects that don't quite mesh. however, put your cynicism to one side and it's a lovely slice of old-fashioned fun. It's quite hard not to cheer during the final battle between Tetsujin 28 and Black Ox.
June 11, 2008
The story is okay and had the vibe of Astroboy. The film looked great except for the CG robots. Dont get me wrong, they fell into the buildings and interacted with the environment pretty convincingly, however they're movements were too rigid and the photo-realism could have been bumped up in their textures or rendering, to make them blend into the footage better. Especially in this day an age of technology. If your looking for a live action big robot film check out transformers instead.
June 9, 2008
It was good and fun. Not have as amazing as Speed Racer. Plus the first battle scene was a lot bigger and cooler then the second. If you enjoyed the cartoon you'll like this movie, otherwise there is no reason to seek it out.
½ May 1, 2008
So much expectations so much dissapointments, the main character in this movie have to be one of the most annoying lame ass little turd ever on screen. Forget about this movie, stick with the old Gigantor cartoon.
July 8, 2007
well - it's aimed at children but still - very poor.
½ June 14, 2007
CGI sucked and personally did not follow the steps of the root work.
½ June 5, 2007
The live action movie of a classic cartoon. What more can I say, other than this is the gayest movie ever made. The little kid can't even control his own robot. The special effects are also gay. Because of these reasons, I give this movie the lowest rating possible.
skactopus
May 11, 2007
Once again we have another take on the kid controls robot storyline. This movie is not too bad and it is meant for a younger audience, but at the same time adults can love it as well. There are a bunch of characters and they are played fairly well although there is some overacting, but you should expect that from a Japanese movie. The CG effects are not that good by todays standards. What I mean is that you can really tell that they are CG. It may not bother you too much though knowing that this is made for a younger audience.I'm almost positive that many people will complain about the robot fights as they are REALLY REALLY slow. Basically it's back and forth punching, like that robot boxing game. I, on the other hand, enjoyed the fights. It is what is to be expected when you have two gigantic slow-moving robots slugging it out. These are not transformers.If you liked the old Gigantor (Iron Man) anime series, you should watch this movie at least once.
March 19, 2007
Too bad there was no English audio... But still I liked the ending song, reminds me of the classic 1963 Japanese tune...