Texas, Adios (Texas, Addio) Reviews

• Mar 16, 2017

Franco Nero plays a Texas sheriff who travels into Mexico with his inexperienced younger brother to find the man who murdered their father, and while it's a passable watch, I think I ultimately found it a bit over plotted as far as what I was looking for in a simple revenge-type story. Worth a rental.

• Apr 13, 2013

Spaghetti for ever!!!

Spaghetti for ever!!!

• Aug 30, 2011

I'll take care of punishment around here Burt Sullivan resigns from his job as a local Texas sheriff and takes his kid brother to Mexico in search of the man that killed his father, Cisco. Once in Mexico, Burt discovers that Cisco is the ruthless landowner of a small Mexican town and he terrorizes the local residence. Burt and his brother will need to convince the townspeople to stand with them against the ruthless Cisco. "Are you tired of living?" "Yes. Under these conditions, who wouldn't be?" Ferdinando Baldi, director of Long Lasting Days, Get Mean, Crazy Westerners, Blind Man, and Massacre in the Black Forest, delivers Adios Texas. The storyline for this picture is similar to most pictures within the western genre and reminded me of a serious version of the Three Amigos. The storyline was fairly good and the action scenes were entertaining. The cast delivers adequate performances and includes Franco Nero, Luigi Pistilli, Gino Pernice, and Elisa Montes. "I'm afraid, stranger, some dirty vermin stole your horses." This movie came as part of a Spaghetti Western trilogy I recently obtained (it came with the Nero Django pictures). I will say there were some surprises and tragic deaths in this movie, but as a whole, it was only average and delivered minimal unique sequences and sub plots. This is worth watching for fans of the genre. "Next time, mind your own business." Grade: C+/B- (6.5)

• Feb 08, 2011

Excellent Italowestern settled in Texas and Mexico with the Vengenance Scheme and the Hidalgo / Revolutionary Scheme starring Franco Naro

• Walter M Super Reviewer
    Nov 18, 2010

"Texas, Adios" starts with a shootout in Texas that Sheriff Burt Sullivan(Franco Nero) settles by stopping a bounty killer from killing a defenseless thief in cold blood. He then assures the bounty killer that the bounty will be spent on a good cause. That might just turn out to be Burt going to Mexico to seek out his father's killer, Cisco Delgado(Jose Suarez). Reluctantly, he agrees to bring his younger brother Jim(Colle Kitosch) along for the ride. Once on the other side of the border, everybody is either too afraid or belligerent to talk to them. But the brothers are not going anywhere, even after attempts are made to bribe them and forcibly remove them by the authorities. "Texas, Adios" is an entertaining and violent Spaghetti Western(that I watched in Italian, by the way) that seeks to explore the differences between justice and revenge in the old west. At one point, Jim asks his brother why he is so much more trigger happy south of the border. And the answer may have something to do with in the states, the bandits are poor, while in this part of Mexico they are the ones in power, leaving him no authority to turn to address wrongs. But then nothing is as simple at it first seems...

• Conner R Super Reviewer
    Jun 18, 2010

Not a great movie by any stretch, but it’s Franco Nero killing a bunch of bad guys in a duster. It works extremely well as a fun b-movie spaghetti western, a simple story of revenge. While this does have one of the worst dubbings I’ve ever heard for a movie (Franco Nero is dubbed by three different voice actors), it doesn’t detract all that much from the overall feel of the movie. I like it because it plays by the rules and is extremely fun, it’s impossible not to enjoy.

• Mar 01, 2010

Solid mix of revenge and coming-of-age genres, with a fine performance by Nero. The pace is a bit slow, with some flashbacks thrown in at predictable times. But the violence is dramatically emphasized and effective.

• Oct 04, 2008

This is one of those endless pistol bullet westerns. No one, especially Nero, ever has to reload. I counted 22 shots from one six shooter in one scene. The movie opens with one of the silliest shootouts ever. Its a chase through an abandoned town. They run this way, up on the roof, jump down, run away then ran back. Its hilarious. But not as funny as how the town comes alive after the bounty killer is routed. The stage coach even arrives! Nero is not too abused in this one, but he spends the entire movie covered in a three day old sweat. A shiny face that no other actor could pull off as "tough." The story is really quite silly. And Cisco is really a rather wimpy villain - at one point even throwing a party for the boys who arrived to kill him! Some very fey fist fights undermine the macho. But hardly a woman survives, which is unusually mean-spirited, even for a spaghetti western.