Texas Chainsaw - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Texas Chainsaw Reviews

June 5, 2016
Offering Texas Chainsaw fans a return visit with one of every genre buffs' most beloved icons, this seventh installment finds the chainsaw-wielding slasher sawing his way back to the big screen in three-dimensional style, even if it essentially relies on ancient gas to rev up the weapon.
½ June 1, 2016
Yet another laughable attempt for improvement with average intensity, mediocre acting, and a facet of making one of the bloodiest killers in cinematic history to look like a protagonist. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
½ May 31, 2016
Ok so as I understand it, 1974 + 28 = 2002. Camera phones used? Ok.
I refer to this as Texas Chainsaw 3D, to distinguish it from the masterful original opus of horror, TC3D is shamelessly convoluted and has a plot that twists into the heroine becoming part of Leatherface's world.
Couldn't be bothered reading? Leatherface becomes a good guy/anti-hero and this is blatantly written for another sequel.
Questionable acting and visuals and some high school film project blunders makes this a pretty funny film.
½ May 25, 2016
"A movie that is just incredibly bad in every aspect there is. Atrocious acting, awful one liners, bad story, caricature characters, poor CGI effects, bad

ending. Incredibly bad."
May 18, 2016
Horrified by the scenes of this movie. I can`t stop imagining the slasher scenes in it.
May 8, 2016
The first good 'Texas Chainsaw' film since 'The Next Generation' if you view it as being in the style of something like 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2', with the emphasis on black humour. Still could've used quite a few more laughs at that, but once Leatherface gets out, it provides enough laughs to have a good sitdown with your pals.
½ March 29, 2016
The film opens with Leatherface killing people with the Sawyer family. One girl escapes, resulting in the police coming to the Sawyer farmhouse. Then the townsfolk show up to assist just when the family agrees to give up Jed. The townies then throw molotovs and a shootout ensues. The home is burned down and the family is presumed to be dead. A baby is recovered from her dying mother and taken away. Years later that baby (Heather) inherits her grandmother's estate. She never knew her grandmother nor that she was a Sawyer. She throws a party there with her friends. Turns out Jed still lives there and the carnage ensues. Heather runs away to the local carnival with Jed in pursuit. Local policeman points his gun at him and Jed throws the chainsaw and runs off. Fast forward it turns out that the leader townie, Burt wants to wipe out the whole Sawyer bloodline. He captures Heather and holds her hostage at the Sawyer slaughterhouse. Now this is where the film gets interesting. Leatherface becomes an anti hero of sorts and rescues her because she tells them they are cousins. He cuts her free and kills Burt by throwing him into the grinder. The sheriff arrives and spares Jed. The film ends with the cousins back at the estate. Heather finally reads the letter her grandma wrote her, explaining all of this. The film ends with her presumably staying at the estate with Jed before it cuts to the credits. Overall, it was a cookie cutter slasher flick. The plot was predictable, and the characters were bland slasher flick clich (C)s. However, portraying Leatherface in a positive light was an unexpected twist that caught me off guard. If you're a die hard Texas Chainsaw fan, you'll like it. If you're a gore hound, you'll like it. If you want a good compelling plot, you're gonna be disappointed. Not worth watching twice, but still worth one. 5/10.
½ March 24, 2016
This is the worst movie I seen in while terrible writing crappy characters alright plot the directing isn't the worst I seen just very boring not scary zero Tension drags on for to long no clever horror sequences just awful not worth the watch seriously it's waste of your time nothing remediable at all the movie even feels a times like the actors don't know how to act it's like the director just said action and gave them not direction seriously I hate this movie
March 2, 2016
LOL! Are you serious!?
½ February 27, 2016
Nobody involved on the writing staff should be allowed to work again.
February 14, 2016
The movie has many cliches and incredibly stupid characters, but the horror elements are pretty creepy.
½ February 13, 2016
"Do your thing cuz!" HORRENDOUS.
½ February 9, 2016
¢,¦¢,¦¢,¦â¦.â¦
February 8, 2016
The film continues the legendary story of the homicidal Sawyer family, picking up where Tobe Hooper's 1974 horror classic left off in Newt, Texas, where for decades people went missing without a trace. Decades later and hundreds of miles away from the original massacre, a young woman named Heather learns that she has inherited a Texas estate from a grandmother she never knew she had. After embarking on a road trip with friends to uncover her roots, she finds she is the sole owner of a lavish, isolated Victorian mansion. But her newfound wealth comes at a price as she stumbles upon a horror that awaits her in the mansion's dank cellars.
January 25, 2016
The cool 3D makes up for how the movie is.
January 6, 2016
Doesn't hold up with the original or the 2003 remake but it's a fun horror
slasher flick nonetheless. The gore kind of compensates for the cheese acting
½ January 4, 2016
I shouldn't like this movie. I really shouldn't. Most of it is bad and dumb, but for some reason I really enjoy it. I appreciate what they tried to do with it, even though they failed miserably. It's a guilty pleasure.
Marjeez
January 2, 2016
Hopefully they give justice to my favorite horror film. They probably won't, but I'll still watch it. I actually liked the last two Chainsaw movies, so I'll keep an open mind.
December 31, 2015
A blood bath and horrifying. Not for kids.

Texas Chainsaw 3D is a 3/5 in my book. I actually watched this after the first, the second, and then the remake, and then the beginning, and now this.

I'll say it had its moments. It had a few good moments. But the ending sucked!

It's the 7th installment of the horror franchise "texas chainsaw massacre". It's slow but then it gets scary sooner or later.

Its gore and scares save it from a 2/5 and now it's 3/5.
December 26, 2015
A travesty to the Texas Chainsaw name. Everything about the movie is a cliche. From the damsel in distress, to the token coloured guy, to the predictable twist. It's a real shame when sequels tarnish the good names of legends like Texas Chainsaw, Halloween or Nightmare on Elm Street. The only thing scary now about these movie franchises is that a few years from now a desperate movie studio will likely churn out another sub-par effort knowing the hardcore fans will eventually give in to their curiosity and subject themselves to the horror. Shame on you guys for dragging these legendary iconic names through the mud like this.