Texas Chainsaw - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Texas Chainsaw Reviews

February 14, 2016
The movie has many cliches and incredibly stupid characters, but the horror elements are pretty creepy.
½ February 13, 2016
"Do your thing cuz!" HORRENDOUS.
½ February 9, 2016
February 8, 2016
The film continues the legendary story of the homicidal Sawyer family, picking up where Tobe Hooper's 1974 horror classic left off in Newt, Texas, where for decades people went missing without a trace. Decades later and hundreds of miles away from the original massacre, a young woman named Heather learns that she has inherited a Texas estate from a grandmother she never knew she had. After embarking on a road trip with friends to uncover her roots, she finds she is the sole owner of a lavish, isolated Victorian mansion. But her newfound wealth comes at a price as she stumbles upon a horror that awaits her in the mansion's dank cellars.
January 25, 2016
The cool 3D makes up for how the movie is.
January 6, 2016
Doesn't hold up with the original or the 2003 remake but it's a fun horror
slasher flick nonetheless. The gore kind of compensates for the cheese acting
½ January 4, 2016
I shouldn't like this movie. I really shouldn't. Most of it is bad and dumb, but for some reason I really enjoy it. I appreciate what they tried to do with it, even though they failed miserably. It's a guilty pleasure.
January 2, 2016
Hopefully they give justice to my favorite horror film. They probably won't, but I'll still watch it. I actually liked the last two Chainsaw movies, so I'll keep an open mind.
December 31, 2015
A blood bath and horrifying. Not for kids.

Texas Chainsaw 3D is a 3/5 in my book. I actually watched this after the first, the second, and then the remake, and then the beginning, and now this.

I'll say it had its moments. It had a few good moments. But the ending sucked!

It's the 7th installment of the horror franchise "texas chainsaw massacre". It's slow but then it gets scary sooner or later.

Its gore and scares save it from a 2/5 and now it's 3/5.
December 26, 2015
A travesty to the Texas Chainsaw name. Everything about the movie is a cliche. From the damsel in distress, to the token coloured guy, to the predictable twist. It's a real shame when sequels tarnish the good names of legends like Texas Chainsaw, Halloween or Nightmare on Elm Street. The only thing scary now about these movie franchises is that a few years from now a desperate movie studio will likely churn out another sub-par effort knowing the hardcore fans will eventually give in to their curiosity and subject themselves to the horror. Shame on you guys for dragging these legendary iconic names through the mud like this.
½ December 20, 2015
Underrated horror sequel
December 18, 2015
The everlasting Texas Chainsaw.
½ December 16, 2015
Basically showing us how to not make a horror film. Plenty of cliches which allows to not feel for any character. The movie wasn't even scary which is a stomp on the face to the original, and the story line was stupid. I wouldn't recommend this at all even if you are a fan of the original like me.
½ October 26, 2015
I know I should have hated Texas Chainsaw 3D, it was an insult to the audience and more importantly to the original film. The CGI in the climax was awful and the story was about as dumb as they get. The whole time I couldn't stop myself thinking about how the whole thing made literally *no* sense.

But darn it I actually had a fair amount of fun with this one. And I guess, points for trying your hand at an iota of originality, even if, again, it made no sense.
October 17, 2015
The 7th and most recent entry into the series as of this writing is a very good entry. If there's one series of films that I have completely polarizing views with, it easily has to be The Texas Chainsaw Massacre series. Now, with just 1 film remaining in the repertoire to see, TCM IV, which was the original end of the original subseries, I have essentially seen enough of these film to basically tell you how it is.

They returned to the branching out of different locations, that hasn't been seen since 3 or 4. This film is unique, there hadn't been a new entry to the series in about 7 years at this point and instead of building on the fairly poor receiving revival series, they did something that I haven't seen before....they made a sequel to the original series. On top of that, it's a new sequel to the original film.

In that case, the film series has like 3 timelines now I guess. I don't know if this sequel overwrites or ignores the events of TCM 2, but either way it's an interesting sequel. It goes in a bunch of different directions to stay fresh including the plot itself being that the main character is a baby that grew up that is inheriting the mansion, so that's nuts. But, it was overall a very good watch that was enjoyable. It got panned really bad by the critics, but I loved it.
½ October 16, 2015
Definitely the weakest of the Texas Chainsaw films. There is a clumsy prologue, a ludicrous twist at the end and everything in between is by the numbers.
October 12, 2015
No one had high expectations for this film- it's one of those ones that the Scream rules apply. Slutty friends, big house, back story, killer- you get what you expect so I guess you can't say it disappoints.
September 20, 2015
decent for what it is. don't take yourself to seriously and you will enjoy
½ September 12, 2015
Boy this film was a piece of shit..
½ September 5, 2015
I couldn't even watch the end, I just couldn't take it anymore