Texas Chainsaw - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Texas Chainsaw Reviews

September 4, 2015
"Hey, this sounds crazy but you are my long lost cousin and I just violently murdered your friends with a chainsaw and performed unspeakable acts on their bodies. Can you take care of my special needs?"
"Sure thing cuz, what's family for."

Seriously, fuck this movie. When it first starts up it picks up right where the 1974 classic left off. That intrigued me. I liked where that was going. They were even using some classic '70's cinematography. But then the story jumps forward to present day and the baby from 1974 is now barely 20 years old in 2012. Ummmmm what? How stupid do they think the audience really is? But hey, I got this as a free rental and feel stupid for spending that much on it. No one has been able to make a really good sequel. The remake was decent and far better then this but still fell short. but this is the era of the retro cash grab. So everything cool from the 70's and 80's gets dragged out and crapped on for the youth market and they think the winks and nods to the source material will tickle us old fans nostalgia gland. Well screw you Hollywood. It doesn't. It's lazy film making. What we get was probably a 1st draft script filled with all the horror cliches (except for boobs, and they gave plenty of opportunities) and poorly structured characters and story. The kills were all just recycled from previous and better outings and the CGI gore looked like it came from a PS1 video game. And rumor is they want to make two more. Fuck these people.
½ August 22, 2015
Just an awful movie...has some hilariously stupid scenes in it. In fact they try to make Leatherface look like like a good guy in this movie...what absolute nonsense.
August 5, 2015
A waste of 90 minutes.
July 27, 2015
What is it with the first movie I see in a year is always one of the strangest, in 2012 it was Haywire, and this year it's, THIS. This is a very different twist on the Texas Chainsaw story, but, is it a good one, well....NO, and I must say this again, 3D MUST GO AWAY. Nothing in this was 3D except for maybe one yielded chainsaw, the characters are played by horrible actors, the Leatherface is laughable at best, the story is pretty much nothing and it's all centered around 3D which is not present. NOT RECOMMENDED for the fact that I had to pay $3.00 extra for 3D when there wasn't any, and SKIP because it's just that bad.
½ July 17, 2015
It could be! It could be!
½ June 28, 2015
I'm a huge fan of the Texas Chainsaw series, so it was intriguing that this was a kinda-sequel to the first. Then I watched it & I can't say I like where they went with the plot. Horror wise: not bad.
½ June 27, 2015
Maybe one of the worst ive seen.
½ June 26, 2015
Fetish from girl actors.....................................................k
½ June 25, 2015
Tell me again why we are supposed to be rooting for Leatherface and his sick family????
½ June 10, 2015
Even if it does bring back Leatherface, a good natured old school feel and happily ignores all the bullshit sequels, this unimpressive reboot doesn't achieve it's goals fully with rather convoluted exposition and lackluster 3D effects.
June 7, 2015
considering how over done this franchise is not to mention the slasher movies in general are. this movie manages to bring some originality to it and it doesnt pack the film with as many annoying horror movie cliches however there are some but the movie is very short which definitely plays in its favor. if you are a horror fan or ever have been skeptical of them lately like me give this one a shot
June 6, 2015
At least they tried to do something with the story. Interesting enough for the 7th installment in a horror franchise. The girls were really hot.
½ May 30, 2015
I tried to take this movie seriously; I lasted about 15 minutes before Texas Chainsaw became a pretty decent comedy. Even for a horror sequel it's offensively bad.
May 27, 2015
I luv horror movies even thow its a true movie its sad what happened to tthe real victims
May 26, 2015
I think it was more of a comedy than a horror
½ May 23, 2015
Terrible movie, the original was good enough, did you really have to ruin it with this bull crap?
½ May 21, 2015
For not having that many positive reviews, I have to say that I enjoyed this movie. It definitely could have been worse. I like how the writers decided to directly tie the story with the original and it worked in my opinion. Of course, lots of good blood and gore. There was nothing really innovative regarding the killings but they were brutal and authentic looking. That helped to keep a real feel to the movie instead of some movies that are just trying to hit you with shock value. The ending might have been a bit of a stretch. I thought the mayor was out of hand and deserved what he got, but the sheriff should have arrested Jeb for all the innocent killings. I'm sure those kids have parents that will be looking for them and it won't take a genius cop from another city to figure out what happened.
½ May 17, 2015
It wouldn't let me give it a zero.
May 9, 2015
I had very low expectations for this movie, but it wasn't that bad of a sequel. The biggest problem I had with it was the plot holes, especially the years. The burning happened in the 80's, but the girl's age in 2012 is about early 20's... How? But, once you get past that, the movie is actually kinda fun! The characters are, again, uninteresting and careless (except the main character, but she's interesting only in the last 15 minutes or so). The story is a continuation of the first movie, and I really liked that idea, but with plotholes it kinda loses it's touch in the first 20 minutes. The acting is bad, especially from the young teens. I've also noticed that the CGI and the blood in this movie look beyond fake. Some of the scenes were very cringe-worthy because of that. I know many people didn't like this movie because of the ending, where Leatherface is some sort of an anti hero, getting revenge for what the Hartman family did to his family, but I honestly quite like that turn. It's nothing we've seen before in a Texas Chainsaw movie. This is the first movie where I actually felt some sympathy for the character. All in all, an interesting take on the franchise, but it still has many problems, but if you can look past them, this is a fun slasher movie with a good twist.
May 2, 2015