Texas Chainsaw - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Texas Chainsaw Reviews

December 26, 2015
A travesty to the Texas Chainsaw name. Everything about the movie is a cliche. From the damsel in distress, to the token coloured guy, to the predictable twist. It's a real shame when sequels tarnish the good names of legends like Texas Chainsaw, Halloween or Nightmare on Elm Street. The only thing scary now about these movie franchises is that a few years from now a desperate movie studio will likely churn out another sub-par effort knowing the hardcore fans will eventually give in to their curiosity and subject themselves to the horror. Shame on you guys for dragging these legendary iconic names through the mud like this.
December 18, 2015
The everlasting Texas Chainsaw.
½ December 16, 2015
Basically showing us how to not make a horror film. Plenty of cliches which allows to not feel for any character. The movie wasn't even scary which is a stomp on the face to the original, and the story line was stupid. I wouldn't recommend this at all even if you are a fan of the original like me.
½ October 26, 2015
I know I should have hated Texas Chainsaw 3D, it was an insult to the audience and more importantly to the original film. The CGI in the climax was awful and the story was about as dumb as they get. The whole time I couldn't stop myself thinking about how the whole thing made literally *no* sense.

But darn it I actually had a fair amount of fun with this one. And I guess, points for trying your hand at an iota of originality, even if, again, it made no sense.
October 17, 2015
The 7th and most recent entry into the series as of this writing is a very good entry. If there's one series of films that I have completely polarizing views with, it easily has to be The Texas Chainsaw Massacre series. Now, with just 1 film remaining in the repertoire to see, TCM IV, which was the original end of the original subseries, I have essentially seen enough of these film to basically tell you how it is.

They returned to the branching out of different locations, that hasn't been seen since 3 or 4. This film is unique, there hadn't been a new entry to the series in about 7 years at this point and instead of building on the fairly poor receiving revival series, they did something that I haven't seen before....they made a sequel to the original series. On top of that, it's a new sequel to the original film.

In that case, the film series has like 3 timelines now I guess. I don't know if this sequel overwrites or ignores the events of TCM 2, but either way it's an interesting sequel. It goes in a bunch of different directions to stay fresh including the plot itself being that the main character is a baby that grew up that is inheriting the mansion, so that's nuts. But, it was overall a very good watch that was enjoyable. It got panned really bad by the critics, but I loved it.
½ October 16, 2015
Definitely the weakest of the Texas Chainsaw films. There is a clumsy prologue, a ludicrous twist at the end and everything in between is by the numbers.
October 12, 2015
No one had high expectations for this film- it's one of those ones that the Scream rules apply. Slutty friends, big house, back story, killer- you get what you expect so I guess you can't say it disappoints.
September 20, 2015
decent for what it is. don't take yourself to seriously and you will enjoy
½ September 12, 2015
Boy this film was a piece of shit..
½ September 5, 2015
I couldn't even watch the end, I just couldn't take it anymore
September 4, 2015
"Hey, this sounds crazy but you are my long lost cousin and I just violently murdered your friends with a chainsaw and performed unspeakable acts on their bodies. Can you take care of my special needs?"
"Sure thing cuz, what's family for."

Seriously, fuck this movie. When it first starts up it picks up right where the 1974 classic left off. That intrigued me. I liked where that was going. They were even using some classic '70's cinematography. But then the story jumps forward to present day and the baby from 1974 is now barely 20 years old in 2012. Ummmmm what? How stupid do they think the audience really is? But hey, I got this as a free rental and feel stupid for spending that much on it. No one has been able to make a really good sequel. The remake was decent and far better then this but still fell short. but this is the era of the retro cash grab. So everything cool from the 70's and 80's gets dragged out and crapped on for the youth market and they think the winks and nods to the source material will tickle us old fans nostalgia gland. Well screw you Hollywood. It doesn't. It's lazy film making. What we get was probably a 1st draft script filled with all the horror cliches (except for boobs, and they gave plenty of opportunities) and poorly structured characters and story. The kills were all just recycled from previous and better outings and the CGI gore looked like it came from a PS1 video game. And rumor is they want to make two more. Fuck these people.
½ August 22, 2015
Just an awful movie...has some hilariously stupid scenes in it. In fact they try to make Leatherface look like like a good guy in this movie...what absolute nonsense.
August 5, 2015
A waste of 90 minutes.
July 27, 2015
What is it with the first movie I see in a year is always one of the strangest, in 2012 it was Haywire, and this year it's, THIS. This is a very different twist on the Texas Chainsaw story, but, is it a good one, well....NO, and I must say this again, 3D MUST GO AWAY. Nothing in this was 3D except for maybe one yielded chainsaw, the characters are played by horrible actors, the Leatherface is laughable at best, the story is pretty much nothing and it's all centered around 3D which is not present. NOT RECOMMENDED for the fact that I had to pay $3.00 extra for 3D when there wasn't any, and SKIP because it's just that bad.
½ July 17, 2015
It could be! It could be!
½ June 28, 2015
I'm a huge fan of the Texas Chainsaw series, so it was intriguing that this was a kinda-sequel to the first. Then I watched it & I can't say I like where they went with the plot. Horror wise: not bad.
½ June 27, 2015
Maybe one of the worst ive seen.
½ June 26, 2015
Fetish from girl actors.....................................................k
½ June 25, 2015
Tell me again why we are supposed to be rooting for Leatherface and his sick family????
½ June 10, 2015
Even if it does bring back Leatherface, a good natured old school feel and happily ignores all the bullshit sequels, this unimpressive reboot doesn't achieve it's goals fully with rather convoluted exposition and lackluster 3D effects.