The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Reviews

• Jan 04, 2021

The original is one of the most overrated movies ever. This one far exceeds it in every facet.

• Dec 21, 2020

Awesome! Yeah, not a bad remake although the original is much superior in every way possible. This one extends on character development something the original didn't do while toning up the violence which isn't a bad thing and makes this much more worthy of the title. It is not as good as the original.

• Nov 18, 2020

While the original remains superior, this remake is surprisingly not half bad. The success of this version is the result of some new locations, added "news footage" to bookend the film, and an absolutely PHENOMENAL performance from R. Lee Ermey. It's not a legendary horror milestone like its predecessor, but it's a gory good time.

• Nov 07, 2020

Gritty! Jessica Biel wasn't the worst scream queen there is but to be fair, the only way to go—when you kick things off with that got dang awful imitation of a horror scream—the only way to go is up. I mean, you know, usually.

• Nov 03, 2020

One of the better reboots of a horror franchise

One of the better reboots of a horror franchise

• Oct 30, 2020

The Texas Chainsaw remake may be an unnecessary one, but it is a bit of creepy Halloween fun. A stylised gorefest, we would maybe like a bit more of the chainsaw. Not a total massacre though.

• Sep 25, 2020

Entertaining horror with good acting. They did a good job of casting and the characters are either likable or hatable in the best way. Where it lacks in raw atmosphere like the original, it makes up for in gore and guts!

• Sep 17, 2020

If you are a horror junkie and this is not in your top 10 horror films, we have a problem. From start to finish this film is Horror perfection. Who knew a remake of this franchise could outdo the original. The suspense, the scares, the gore, and the cinematography is immaculate and top-notch. This film even 20 years later I have to cover my eyes while viewing because I’m still so afraid of certain sequences. The acting is fine, but where this film shines is all how it’s shot, and visualized. This movie is definitely not for everyone, Unless you’re into really gruesome horror films you will probably not enjoy this film but as a fan it’s a really worth it to experience this reimagining of a winner in a horror film Catalog.

• Sep 10, 2020

I'll give it a credit it's not a good horror remake but R.Lee Remey really terrifying since Full Metal Jacket and he's performance really scared us and saving this horror remake film.

• Sep 08, 2020

This grisly remake captures the essence of fear and quite easily tops the visceral carnage of the original. There are good performances here but it's R. Lee Ermey that steals the show as the demented sheriff.