Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation Reviews

November 10, 2016
Ineptly acted and directed, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 4: The Next Generation demands -- and receives -- nothing from pre-famous stars Matthew McConaughey and Renee Zellweger, and represents an awkward chapter in a franchise that once boasted one of the scariest horror films of all time.
½ September 25, 2016
Obviously this film is a low point in the Texas chainsaw Massacare series. It has many scenes that just tend to drag on. For most of the film we just see Matthew McConaughey slap people, and slit himself multiple times on the chest. Leatherface on the other hand has some very weird masks. Such as a woman mask, and a old lady mask. Also it seems all leatherface does is just scream, and that's about it. So if you want to watch a very whacked up movie with cannibles eating pizza then this is your film. Still I was very entertained throughout, and that is why it has this high of a score
½ August 22, 2016
It's fascinating how horrendous this is.
July 12, 2016
The first "Chainsaw" film I ever saw. There is much hatred for this film and it's easy to see why but I'm one of the very few who actually enjoy it. This film goes on my guilty pleasure list.
½ June 13, 2016
A fucking terrible movie this movie should not have been made ! 0 stars
½ February 9, 2016
,¢,,¦,,¢,,¦,¢,¦¢,¦¢,¦â¦,
½ November 7, 2015
Zellweger, McConaughey, and Tyler Shea Cone all give solid performances and that's about all the praise I can give this movie. Watch it once to satisfy your morbid curiosity or to see every film in this series and then forget about it. forever.
October 19, 2015
one of the best old movies of the year
½ October 19, 2015
While it does feature pre-fame Matthew McConaughey and Renee Zellweger, Texas chainsaw: The next generation is another dull sequel that pales to the original classic and adds nothing new to the premise.
October 17, 2015
This film isn't terrible, but it doesn't derserve to be a cult film
July 20, 2015
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 4: The Next Generation doesn't cover any new ground and is slightly hamstrung by unimpressive performances from Renee Zellweger and Matthew McConaughey, but fans of the franchise should find themselves reasonably pleased.
July 7, 2015
A half-arsed rehash of the original film which lacks the zany appeal of the first two sequels. The appearance of Zellweger and McConaughey does at least provide an element of curiosity.
July 3, 2015
It's horrendous, but sometimes laughably so thanks to McConaughey's suitably over-the-top performance.
½ April 21, 2015
Another movie where eventual big time actors wish you'd never known they were in.
½ February 7, 2015
Stupid, lazy, sloppy movie made only for a failed attempt at cashing-in on the franchise name. It was confusing, not scary, and I don't even think the writers knew what to do towards the end.
January 27, 2015
I don't have any problems with this film
½ November 27, 2014
Horrible acting by leather face.
½ November 2, 2014
This movie is over the top, goofy and straight madding bad. Matthew McConaughey in this movie was so over the top and he was just chewing up the scenery every scene that he was in.
½ October 21, 2014
This is one of those "so awful it's amazing" kind of train wrecks. Awful acting, no production values, accidental slips that were left in the film, Leatherface in drag. This is exactly what an Ed Wood version of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" would be like.