Texas Terror - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Texas Terror Reviews

½ December 9, 2015
All's well that ends well.

John is a sheriff that has a shootout with robbers that ultimately leads to him accidentally killing his best friend. He quits his job and leaves the town to become a prospector. He runs into his former best friend's sister who is trying to operate a farm on her own. They begin falling in love until the sister finds out John killed her brother. Things quickly become complicated.

"Everything is working out fine."
"So far."

Robert Bradbury, director of Trail of Terror, Cavalry, The Gun Ranger, Kid Corageous, Kid Steel, Western Justice, The Man from Hell's Edges, The Gallant Fool, and The Man from Wyoming, delivers Texas Terror. The storyline for this picture is fairly straightforward with average action scenes and a few cheesy moments. The acting was okay and the cast includes John Wayne, Lucile Brown, George Hayes, LeRoy Mason, and Jack Duff.

"Walking around like a dead man with the weight of the world on him."

I came across this on cable and DVR'd it off EncoreWestern. This was a fairly mediocre western that was straightforward and awkward at times. The main character played by Wayne could have been better. The movie is really only worth watching if you're a diehard Wayne or classic western fan.

"I wonder how all of this is going to end."

Grade: C
½ April 8, 2014
short not sweet B movie western
½ June 5, 2013
A John Wayne B Western. Seen the ending twice.
½ September 12, 2009
Typical low budget John Wayne western of the 1930's. Not outstanding in any way. Cheaply produced. I wasn't impressed.
March 11, 2009