Thaandavam - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Thaandavam Reviews

½ February 18, 2014
"Kenny Thomas is a blind man leading a double existence: by day he plays the organ at a rural church; by night he uses echolocation to assassinate targets in London." Great idea, but lets add a beauty queen for some unnecessary romance and needless musical breaks until it's a nice 2 hours and 40 minutes! I made it 40 minutes in.
½ October 15, 2012
nice to see some things different about RAW in a Tamil Cinema... but there is nothing great in screenplay which hooks you in... i found it to be a waste of time.
½ October 13, 2012
Have you ever watched a movie which at the end makes you feel that it's a good one, but could have been better? Well, this is a rare case, and Thaandavam falls into this category. Good directors like Vijay should avoid inserting cliche and silly scenes, forcing unnecessary fight and song sequences (though the picturization was an eye-treat) into the screenplay and leaving illogical loopholes in the storyline of a movie. Thaandavam could have been way much better with a fixed-phase screenplay and a refurnished story. Nevertheless, it's a decent execution with Vikram, beautiful cinematography, poetic scenes and breezy music being the strong pillars of the movie.
October 6, 2012
I had a lot of expectations going into this movie. At the very least, I was hoping my 40 drive to watch this movie wouldnt be disappointing. But, it was. The movie has a plot line that is not usual to tamil cinema and this worked in its favor. What didnt work is basically everything else, like the acting, casting, dialogues and ofcourse logic. The most infuriating part of the movie is this weird and irritating relationship between husband and wife. Its almost like they live their life just as we see them on screen, for 3 seconds in the morning as they leave for work and then again for 3 seconds at night when they return home. Anushka shetty plays Vikram's wife in the movie and she believes Vikram is a cop in the rank of Sub-Inspector. Yet it raises no eyebrows that he goes to work wearing a 3-piece suit?? How dumb/ignorant is she? While Santhanam provided a few laughs, the movie overall was a let down and disappointing.
October 2, 2012
my sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet dream gals, Anushka & Amy Jackson --- woow they killed me :P --- mesmerizing beauties --- Vikram's acting as usual great --- Santhanam's role not that effective --- G.V's music is good --- but with all this film is boring coz of a poor script & screen play
September 30, 2012
Lackluster and half-baked!
½ September 29, 2012
Vikram acting was excellent. Expected more from ALvijay but movie is like ok. GV sounds are extraordinary. Script was very bore, people can easily judge wats gonna happen next. New concept like echolocation are welcome.
September 28, 2012
A dull script, slow phase story telling with an excellent performance, It is indeed a let down.