Thank God He Met Lizzie (The Wedding Party) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Thank God He Met Lizzie (The Wedding Party) Reviews

½ September 16, 2016
5.5/10. Fair Australian made film, interesting for an appearance by Cate Blanchett early in her career. It's a not always comfortable mix of comedy and drama, rather slow moving, sometimes too talky. Not very deep.
½ May 19, 2012
Terrible. How could Cate Blanchett waste her time with this ghastly tripe?
November 28, 2009
superior comedy with poignant content and great cast; highlighting human weakness, envy, lust, contentment, and most of the sins it felt. I felt exposed and exhalted at the same time. great final comments from a suffering for second best Richard roxburgh - 'happyness is something you look back on but never know you are experiencing at the time' or something along those lines. Great stuff. Oh, and I loooove Frances O'connor, rooowwwrrrr! and discovered Cate Blanchett too
February 14, 2009
An early movie with Cate Blanchett.
The movie is about a man meeting a woman and they marry. On their wedding day he remembers a life with an old girlfriend. He loves his wife but his ex - girlfriend was importen to him in an other time off his life. Good movie but didn`t really get why he was thinking about his old life on his weddingday! :)
July 5, 2008
i love this movie, so does Kate
May 29, 2008
An incredibly well-crafted film with superb dialogue. I needed to see it three times before I noticed many details. I am sure there are still more to be discovered. An oddly depressing film about making the wrong choices. Guy finds the perfect woman and yet it all falls apart. So many apparently mundane scenes have tremendous power (to depress), as when Guy and Jenny inform her parents they "have something to tell them". Eagerly expecting to hear of a marriage proposal, they are told that the couple are splitting up. Cate Blanchett is superb as the wrong choice. And the ending - well - appropriate and gut-wrenching.
½ May 25, 2008
Very real. Very profound. Very sad.
March 24, 2008