Thank You for Smoking - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

½ May 10, 2015
Not as funny as i thought it would be and man that kid really sucked the life out of the movie, he was so annoying!
½ April 8, 2015
I really enjoy this movie. I'm not saying I support smoking, not 99 percent but 100!
½ April 8, 2015
Cynically entertaining.
½ March 23, 2015
Aaron Eckhart gives a good performance in Thank You for Smoking where he plays the spokesman for the tobacco industry. As we peak into his life we get to see how good he really is at persuading people to inhale poison. We also get a glimpse at how the government and media also manipulate people to advance their agenda. A well acted film with a good script but it falls short with lack of depth.
½ March 5, 2015
Funny film about a tobacco lobbyist with a twist!
½ February 26, 2015
A movie all true smokers must see
½ February 16, 2015
The message was good and clear and makes you really think about who we argue and how people tend to change our minds.
January 25, 2015
Lobbyists represent everything that is wrong with our country. Instead of voting for the common good of the people, they are paid in voters and campaign contributions, to vote the way big business wishes them to vote. The result is laws that benefit the few and hurt the many. Thank You For Smoking takes an in depth look at one of these lobbyists, who works for big tobacco. In a satirical way, the film shows how this man is able to achieve his companies goals through bending the facts, bribery, and out right lying in a way that is completely legal under our system of government. Aaron Eckhart is terrific, which will come as little surprise to many, however the film was anything but. Like most films, Thank You For Smoking has it's moments, but overall the film is one short scene that just repeats it's self over and over again. The situations are different and the players are different, but the arguments and agendas are always the same. After watching two hours of the same thing over and over again, I was more than done with this film. No matter how charismatic the actor may be, the fact is that what lobbyists do isn't terribly interesting. It's one meeting and argument after another and the film just completely runs around in circles. The film was critically acclaimed for Eckhart's performance, but nothing else. Some critics think that one outstanding performance makes a film worth seeing, but I don't. Aaron Eckhart is an outstanding actor, who has been great in many other films that are worth seeing. Thank You For Smoking is nothing more than an insult to the American people, that runs forty minutes too long, and just goes around in circles, it's not something I'd recommend wasting your time on.
½ January 4, 2015
Filme quase divertido, legal ver como basta alguém saber falar pra fazer as outras pessoas se perderem nos próprios argumentos.
½ December 22, 2014
Jason Reitman once again delivers a typical satire piece that looks at both the good and evil of corporation and moral organizations in the world of spin.
½ December 20, 2014
2/8/08 12/19/14 I love the style of humor in this film. The entire subject matter is a bit ridiculous, but that doesn't really matter. This is a very unique film and highly entertaining! Eckhart is perfect for this role too. He does a terrific job.
½ December 8, 2014
Slick satire, that only somewhat comes up short as a whole, but great performances all around!
December 8, 2014
Enjoyable hypocrisy. A really amusing satire where you root for the antihero.
½ December 7, 2014
An offbeat value-driven comedy delivered in a cynical manner. Smart directing and Eckhart's machismo guarantee this film will entertain the lot.
½ December 4, 2014
'Michael Jordan plays ball, Charles Manson kills people, I talk'...and talk he did!

Silver-tongued Nick Naylor is Aaron Eckhart's ride into the big league
November 23, 2014
Great movie with a funny story. Chedder apple pie- the all American.
November 8, 2014
An excellent screenplay and a superb performance from lead Aaron Eckhart add to the controversial and engaging subject matter which the story is based on, while remaining neutral on the issue.
½ November 7, 2014
For some reason, I always imagined that this film was a mockumentary (no idea why)... it's fiction, but nonetheless a cleverly funny satire.
½ October 31, 2014
so many scene thieves in the movie. the cast is stellar
October 20, 2014
In retrospect, this was a nice opener to Reitman's career. The ensemble is terrific here lead by Aaron Echkhart who really deserves movies like these to carry today. Robert Duvall gives one of his best performances out of what I have seen from him and JK Simmons is excellent as ever here too. Katie Holmes, Kim Dickens, and Maria Bello are great as is Rob Lowe and the always great William H. Macy. I wish this was more funny like Juno and Up in the Air are but the script is well written and won't make you scoff at it if you don't agree with this character's morals.