That Guy... Who Was in That Thing - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

That Guy... Who Was in That Thing Reviews

November 11, 2015
As a background artist and indie film hobbyist I really enjoyed seeing these individuals talk about there lives. Really enjoyable, highly recommend to actors for a dose of reality and for leveling expectations.
½ September 23, 2014
really enjoyed this documentary. anyone wanting to become an actor professionally should watch it and listen to seasoned actors trials and victories and understand it's not an easy ride.
½ August 31, 2014
movie for movie nerds. lots of really interesting perspectives. looks like the pay scale in movies drops off after the leads faster then i thought.
½ June 8, 2014
Interesting documentary about contemporary character actors. The film is essentially interviews with a number of actors (no actresses for some reason) who share various aspects regarding the life of a character actor. Everyone knows them and thinks they're rich and famous, but they're only partially right about famous (most people seem to recognize them but don't know from where) and they're definitely not right about the rich part. I recognized all the people that were interviewed (Xander Berkeley, Bruce Davison, Craig Fairbrass, Zach Grenier, Paul Guilfoyle, Gregory Itzin, Zeljko Ivanek, Robert Joy, Stanley Kamel, J.C. MacKenzie, Matt Malloy, Timothy Omundson, Mark Rolston, William Morgan Sheppard, Wade Williams, Rick Worthy), but only knew two of them by name (Berkeley and Davidson). Nothing earth shattering, but quite interesting to listen to these familiar faces and voices talk about their part in the Hollywood machine.
May 27, 2014
just discovered this on Netflix - EXCELLENT!
½ May 12, 2014
Really humorous, unique and interesting perspective, entertaining, highly recommend if looking for a good laugh
½ February 1, 2014
Good sobering view on actors, the industry, and the craft of behind the scenes movies. Kinda makes you want to cancel some expenses and save money- eesh
½ January 12, 2014
Fascinating and informative documentary interviewing character actors whose faces (but not names!) are known to all of us, and their experiences and struggles making it as a professional actor. I was enraptured!
September 13, 2013
Good fun for any movie fan. You will probably recognize all these actors.
½ August 30, 2013
Some good stuff, but not ambitious enough. And the tone is off in spots. Especially when one of the actors in the film died, and they put a very quick thing that he died on screen, and then just moved on really quickly. Very disrespectful.
August 16, 2013
Don't become an actor.
August 3, 2013
It's basically an interview with a lot of "character actors" and their struggles to keep active in their career and they really make you understand how hard the business is. Big stumbling block of this doc, NO WOMEN.
July 28, 2013
You'll probably recognize more than half of the actors portrayed in this documentary, but will probably not know their names or remember exactly in what show or movie you saw them until the documentary tells you, at which point you will go from thinking, "he's that guy who was in that thing" to "oh yeah, that's where I saw him."
½ July 24, 2013
A very interesting documentary on the psyche and work ethic of the male character actor in Hollywood. This documentary's narrative is told through multiple interviews with the character actors themselves. An interesting untold story of Hollywood and the unappreciated and mostly unrecognized character actors they keep it thriving. I recommend giving this a look.
½ July 18, 2013
Made me think about just how much I love and respect all my friends who get up everyday to do this thing that is so hard and frustrating and annoying and amazing and like nothing else in the world.
July 18, 2013
Very eye opening look into the lives of the "character" actor.
July 14, 2013
Decent documentary. Depressing subject.
½ June 29, 2013
Loved seeing the true character of some of my favorite character actors! Everyone imagines Hollywood as glamorous premieres and parties but this is reality. Entertaining if not informative, give it a watch.
June 28, 2013
And you thought your job was hard. The film shows the lives of those successful enough to be recognized, but unfamiliar with the star lifestyle. Wholly recommended for those interested in acting or Hollywood in general.
½ June 27, 2013