That Hagen Girl - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

That Hagen Girl Reviews

June 2, 2014
The ending is a bit odd, but I found Temple convincing as the tormented high school girl.
½ January 30, 2014
Another hidden gem...
½ April 23, 2013
Melodramatic, but has a great feel and it touches on the troubles of town gossip and rumors. Pretty controversial for the time I'm sure.
½ August 18, 2011
So Very Good, Poor Shirley Temple, why do people have to be such Nosey Parkers? I guess there wouldn't be a story here if they werent
July 3, 2010
a great shirley temple movie . i've never seen any her movie when she was a little girl but this one made me what to wacth all of her movies
½ May 16, 2010
I just love all things Shirley Temple. A young woman struggles to find some sense of belonging and self-worth despite being held back by the townsfolk where she's grown up. All the talk of "that Hagen girl" stems from a very small-town rumor that sprung up when she was brought home as an infant. Her mother had been away for a few months, as had the daughter of a very wealthy man in town. When they return on the same day, having been in the same place, the rich man's daughter is rushed into eternal seclusion, the housewife arrives with an infant. I found a great sense of disappointment, however, to realize that the sometimes small-mindedness of small town life hasn't changed a bit in the last 53 years. Great film.
April 26, 2010
Not a terribly bad story but it's a tad preachy.
June 18, 2009
I watched a couple of these horrible "cute" movies with Shirley Temple in them when I was younger. Suck city!