That Night - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

That Night Reviews

Jess S.
October 12, 2016
Juliette Lewis and Eliza Dushku deliver stellar performances in this coming of age tale. For all of those under dogs who are just trying to find themselves this tale is uplifting and romantic. If you are a fan of romance with a hint of drama this is for you.
May 6, 2016
Juliette Lewis can carry a film all by herself. See her before she was really famous and you'll see why she became a star. Several other stars-to-be also in this with her. Makes for a nice evening that'll leave you feeling nostalgic.
½ March 1, 2016
Very good interesting movie!!
July 24, 2014
Love little Eliza Dushku in this movie!! She'll forever be a favorite of mine!
½ August 11, 2013
Sweet, feel-good movie. A growing-up drama (sort of Wonder Years-like) with some great humour and some romance thrown in.

Main adult characters are played by Juliette Lewis and C Thomas Howell, who put in decent performances. However, it is 11-year old Eliza Dushku, in her first movie, who steals the show with a sweet, remarkable performance. Supporting cast includes 13-year old Katherine Heigl, also in her first movie. Interesting to see the humble beginnings of these now-stars.

Great 60s soundtrack.
July 3, 2013
I read this book and really liked it, and I also saw the movie some time ago, but I don't really remember much about it.
July 23, 2012
A great film. Who doesn't idolize someone when your younger? A great film for all.
½ July 15, 2010
I have to admit, I only watched this movie because I wanted to see fierce Eliza Dushku as a young adorable child. But after watching, I was entranced. I wish she made more films, and I really like Juliette Lewis.

The film isn't cliche and cheesy like it seems to be. There's the romance between the older Sheryl and Rick, but it's not one of fairytales or teenage reality shows. It seems real and genuine, especially one that is of the times.

As for Dushku, her character is perfect and flawless. Her worries and faults are sensibly fitting and her parents are the same as well. They aren't too cookie cutter, and having that show in a film is slightly comforting.

The latter part of the film and the ending were surprising and heartfelt, and although I thought was a little cheesy in the beginning, I think it fit in excellently with the rest of the film.
July 5, 2010
This is one of my favorite Juliette Lewis movies.
½ December 3, 2009
I thought it would be weird to see Eliza Dushku as a kid instead of a mature bombshell, but she was actually adorable in this movie.
½ October 7, 2009
This movie is wonderful.
May 12, 2009
I love this movie!!!
November 18, 2008
This was a cute movie.
October 29, 2008
this film has an amazing sound track that i never found and now the movie its self is pretty rare... i'd love to have this on dvd !!!
October 2, 2008
this is an amazing movie with Eliza in her first role and the always lovely Juliette Lewis, I miss this movie so much as it used to be on HBO all the time when I was a youngin!
September 20, 2008
I loved this movie as a kid. Eliza Dushku and Katherine Heigl were in it.
September 9, 2008
I love this movie. The soundtrack is also great.
½ August 29, 2008
A coming-of-age story about an eleven-year-old girl who idolizes her troubled sixteen-year-old neighbor (Juliette Lewis).
July 22, 2008
I just Love this movie I'm not to much into chick flicks but I really like this move
July 21, 2008
One of my all time fave movies, I really wish they would bring this out on dvd!!