That's My Boy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

That's My Boy Reviews

April 16, 2017
its such a good movie so many catch phrases in one movie, like fake in all the funnest ways, you have to keep an open mind tho, and get past sandler's voice thats the only bad part...
½ March 9, 2017
It isn't Adam's best work, and it definitely isn't Andy's best either, but the movie makes me laugh because of how crude and stupid it is therefore it becomes a good comedy hence my 3 and a half star rating.
February 23, 2017
Hilarious, yet one of the stupidest movies I've ever seen.
½ February 19, 2017
Junk, and EXTREMELY raunchy.
February 11, 2017
Not too many really funny moments, but lots of giggles. Usually a movie with a lot of crude humor tends to be corny, but this wasn't for me. Any Adam Sandler fan should like this.
jamrcla
January 22, 2017
It's been a long time since Adam Sandler made a funny comedy and I must admit this film is really funny it's silly funny like most of his films, Adams acting kind of reminded me of Peter Griffin, The story itself and other bits in the film are wrong on so many levels but it works and makes the film better and Vanilla Ice was brilliant, Overall Adam Sandler's funniest film to date in a long time.
½ January 22, 2017
Genuine laugh out loud movie with a stellar cast and a stupidly fun screenplay. Sandler and Samberg are a comedy duo to be reckoned with and with all the telltale Happy Madison references, it's a perfect addition to the Sandler saga. The only thing missing here was the inclusion of Rob Schneider and his "you can do it". That would have been perfect.
½ January 20, 2017
Well I guess when you hit jack and Jill you can only go up. Is this a redneck movie? Incest really? At this point incest seems like a better option then watching this again. Can someone plz Jesus get Adam Sandler a good movie. Oh wait what's that's you say you don't make miracles happen. Oh sorry for mentioning That's my boy can you do the world a favor and give Adam Sandler cancer.
December 26, 2016
Trying to play off the subject of pedophilia for two hours of desperate laughs is not a good mix! This is proof why his career is over!
December 6, 2016
Adam Sandler is the Grim Reaper and he's taking Andy Samberg with him.
½ December 6, 2016
Before That's My Boy came put in theaters, I was actually looking forward to it just because it's not written by any of the usual people from Happy Madison Productions, but by a different writer. Consider that it's directed by Sean Anders, I wished that it was written by him and John Morris because while That's My Boy is marginally better than Jack and Jill, it's still an awful movie that I'm glad that if bombed at the box office. Adam Sandler's accent is annoying and not funny, which I find the young character of Adam Sandler more tolerable. When the beginning starts already with the student-teacher relationship, the whole auditorium founds out about it, the main kid gets a standing ovation from all the students and some of the teachers, and the kid actually got famous from it which there were magazines that has him in the front cover and a TV movie from him, that was when I knew it's going to be that kind of movie that I'm gonna hate because pedophilia is wrong. At times it keeps coming back to that situation about how it's great that the main character did that which make me groan a bit. Adam Sandler acts too much of a jerk, and Andy Samberg just looks a little miserable to be in this film. There's some jokes that are racist, and even has incest jokes in there which shocks me that it's in an Adam Sandler film, and it felt really uncomfortable, and not in a funny way. In a "comedy" film like this with unfunny jokes, there's only one moment that got me a chuckle, which was probably out of desperation, and it was when Andy Samberg found out about what has been going on which gave a grossed out face and shouts "what?" in a way that got me chuckling a bit. A chuckle out of me isn't even close to saving the film as I felt disturbed after watching That's My Boy, and it would've been better as a drama film given with the serious subjects, but it's a comedy film, so it kind of made it doomed from the start.
November 21, 2016
This movie feels like it was made just to get money. The ending left me saying "No. NO. NO!"
November 17, 2016
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH...
September 10, 2016
I am not sure why I watched this. It had a surprising cast including vanilla ice hence the 1 star.
½ September 4, 2016
I think it's safe to say Adam Sandler has the worst filmography I have ever seen.
½ August 29, 2016
Falls into that "so bad it's good" category for me. If you grew up listening to the Adam Sandler CD's like me, you won't hate That's My Boy. I really admire Sandler for making this knowing before that he was under contract not do drink or use drugs in films to protect his then family friendly image. Word is that's why he passed on Grandma's Boy. That's My Boy is not a well made film. There are several stupid parts and jokes that fall flat. I like old school Sandler though so overall it worked for me.
August 17, 2016
Wow...an all time low...
August 16, 2016
A funny movie with some awful and some hilarious gags. That's My Boy delivers good comedy but doesn't have a sharp story or memorable acting.
August 6, 2016
2nd best movie ive seen
July 18, 2016
Well, it is certainly no "Big Daddy".