That's What I Am - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

That's What I Am Reviews

½ April 20, 2016
Sappy and overwrought with sentiment. Right up my alley. Ed Harris never disappoints.
February 3, 2016
Fabulous coming of age story set in 70's. Social issues that are very relevant today. Loved it.
February 15, 2015
I wasn't expecting much from this movie but it really delivered. Despite its apparent cheese factor, it had an excellent message. It is a good movie to show to children as part of anti-bullying education.
½ July 24, 2014
a decent coming of age movie
½ July 17, 2014
cheesy & cornball... in the best way
½ July 1, 2014
My mom asked me to put something on that we can watch and I saw that there was a movie on the channel she typically likes. I read the description and I knew she'd like it. I stuck around too because it was based on a true story and it had Ed Harris in it.

It was a typical made-for-tv-movie, however, it was one of the good ones. Nothings amazing about it, but I didn't think it was a waste of time or anything.

Human Dignity + Compassion = PEACE

Life is about timing, opportunities and choices.
½ March 15, 2014
Année 65, on suit le jeune Andy Nichol, 12 ans, dans sa dernière année de collège. Emmené par un Ed Harris (que j'aime cet acteur !), en professeur modèle, et une pléiade de jeunes acteurs, ce récit autobiographique, aborde de façon amusante la découverte des premiers émois du jeune élève, mais plus sérieusement de droit à la différence, de tolérance J'ai pris un réel plaisir à le voir avec mes fils.
½ February 22, 2014
"That's What I Am" is a movie that gives a good message. It presents the message in a way that doesn't try to preach or become melodramatic, which you appreciate. It may not be wholly memorable, but there are scenes with some great writing. And holding the whole thing together is Ed Harris. The film is nothing special, but it's good nonetheless.
February 18, 2014
I have read many negative reviews about this movie, and frankly I think it has been poorly judged. Focusing on social issues relevant in the 21st century, it shows adequately how we continue to fight the same battles we did 50+ years ago. However serious these issues may be, it was an enjoyable 1 1/2 hour.
½ December 30, 2013
predictable Hollywood shoving homosexuality down our throats...pun intended! not any noteworthy roles or actors...Ed Harris is one of my favs, but nothing too special in this movie!
October 23, 2013
Ed Harris made a wonderful teacher.
September 9, 2013
That's what iam it's formulaic, but it's charming, witty, great plot, great performance by a very good cast, and the script was intellectually humorous.
½ September 7, 2013
It was an okay story with a very bland execution.
September 3, 2013
one of the best high school movie.
SC007
½ August 23, 2013
The film was ok, but could have been so much better. They had the right idea but didn't execute it correctly. The film feels like an after school special. It has a very strong anti-bulley message and to be tolerant of others message. The film lacked the style that it needed. Also another director could have done a better job. Rob Reiner in my opinion, would have done a better directing job.

The film reminded me of the TV show The Wonder Years. It also reminded me of films like Flipped, The Sandlot, Matinee, and even Stand By Me. Those films are better than this one. I did like the voice over narration in the film.

Acting wise, the kids shine here. The adults in the film are supporting players. Of the adult actors, only Ed Harris really makes the most of his role. Randy Orton is miscast in the film. Another actor in that role could have done a better job. Randy feels out of place in the film.
August 23, 2013
Very inspiring film.
August 2, 2013
The Best WWE Films Movie there is. An amazing movie!!!!!!!!!
June 7, 2013
Passado nos anos 60, "É o que eu sou" é um filme doce, envolvente, e em alguns momentos emocionante. Contando com uma história baseada em fatos reais, o filme narra a passagem de Andy, um garoto de 13 anos, da oitava série até o colegial, enquanto o garoto amadurece tanto sexualmente quanto pscicologicamente.
É com as belas atuações infantis e com o roteiro simplista que o filme se sustenta. Um projeto que deu certo justamente por não querer ser ambicioso e por ter optado por uma encantadora, suave e inocente história.
June 5, 2013
If this was an indie flick instead of a WWE production, it would be praised by critics. Great movie, must see.
½ April 11, 2013
What it is is a heart-strings tugging film that tries to hard and, Harris and Madigan notwithstanding, would have been much better with stronger actors.