That's What She Said Reviews

• Sep 15, 2016

Anne Heche shines here but the whole movie is all over the place and hard to watch! It tries to be something it's not, meanwhile getting lost halfway through.

• Jul 17, 2014

I caught this Showtime one night thinking it might be a worthwhile indie comedy. It isn't. Save for one hilarious scene involving a sex toy, a public restroom and a corpse, That's What She Said is a very misguided, very unpleasant movie.

• May 01, 2014

watchable, but nothing too interesting

watchable, but nothing too interesting

• Walter M Super Reviewer
    Feb 09, 2014

On the run from her ex who might have walked back into her life wearing the custom made pink and black wingtips she once bought him, Dee Dee(Anne Heche) seeks shelter with her friend Bebe(Marcia DeBonis) in a coffee shop. And then is taken aback when it turns out that Bebe who recently got fired for sheltering a homeless man in a supply closet at work has welcomed Clementine(Alia Shawkat) who feels guilty for nearly killing her boyfriend through an allergic reaction in oral sex into their company. The resulting argument gets them evicted out onto the street where they now have the challenge of hailing a cab in the rain in New York City. Surprisingly enough for a movie that has a yeast infection as a major plot point, "That's What She Said" is actually not bad with a cool performance from Anne Heche as someone with barely one or two positive traits. That's because despite all the vulgarity, there is still enough here to amuse in breezy fashion in its take on female friendship without any male voices to distract. Plus, I have to appreciate any movie where the characters ride the subway, much less able to have an orgasm on one.

• Jan 12, 2014

Bad but I couldn't look away.

Bad but I couldn't look away.

• Dec 31, 2013

Maeby from Arrested Development was in this movie. *sigh* There were no redeeming qualities to this movie. It's overly trashy, overly indulgent, and it tries to fool it's audience into thinking into its a genuine heartfelt movie, but it's just not. It has a really crappy ending too, one of those "yeah remember that thing, that one conflict we promised we would resolve by the end of the movie yeah that's not gonna happen we're just gonna end it right here yeahcoolokbye" I think I laughed once at something. Oh yeah I fell asleep for like 5 minutes(my cousin said it was that long) and when I woke up Maeby from AD was humping an old guy or something. This was the moment when I asked myself "why am I watching this poop..." Ok rant over. 0 out of 10 ZERO.

• Dec 31, 2013

This coffee tastes like hair

This coffee tastes like hair

• Dec 15, 2013

Tried to watch it because of Shawkat, made it a couple minutes. A chick flick for the 40+ set. "If you see just one repellent femme-owned-and-operated comedy about unpleasant women and a stubborn case of vaginal yeast infection, you might as well make it That's What She Said, since I hope there'll never be another like it."

• Sol C Super Reviewer
    Jul 07, 2013

Anne Heche's performance is the only reason to check out this film. She shines here. The film was so so. It could have been a lot better. It needed a rewrite. They had a good idea for a film, but they didn't execute it correctly. Some scenes were way over the top. Also, I thought Marcia de Bonis and Alia Shawkat were miscast. They didn't have a good on screen chemistry with Heche.

• Apr 08, 2013

I can always tell via a trailer if a movie is going to be good or bad and the trailer for That's What She Said, was good. I stopped the trailer midway through because I didn't want to spoil any of the comedic parts. I should of kept watching. In a nut shell the above synopsis is exactly what the movie is. Bebe (Marica DeBonis) befriends Clementine (Alia Shawkat) in a coffee shop while waiting for DeeDee (Anne Heche) to arrive and from there we are taken on a slow goose chase around the city. They hop around from one setting to the next constantly bickering with each other. Anne Heche does a phenomenal job of playing the dirty, foul "I don't give a shit" character, while Marcia DeBonis is so sweet you want to give her a punch in the face. As much as I love Alia Shawkat I felt she was out of place in this film. She does a good job of being the sex-crazed addict that her character is, but her chemistry with the other two characters never turned on. The language can sometimes be foul and the situations were over the top but there is genuine comedy in this movie, just not as much as I was expecting.