The Apocalypse - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Apocalypse Reviews

November 22, 2012
Beautiful end for the Bible Collection films and most importantly for Richard Harris. God Bless You.
September 29, 2012
Well search Netflix for this one
March 22, 2012
this was a good movie about john the apostal life.
October 26, 2009
The year is 90 A.D. and the Roman Emperor has unleashed a virulent campaign against the Christians. Held captive by the Romans, the aged apostle John struggles to save Christianity from extinction by sending letters to the Christian communities. Driven by the wish to meet the last living witness of the Lord's passion, the young Christian Irene succeeds in gaining access to John's prison. Entrusting the written record of his visions to her, he begs Irene to spread its message among the Christians. These visions form the contents of the Book of Revelaton. To some, they evoke the end of the world; to others, they allude to the spiritual struggles facing Christians of all eras.
½ August 17, 2009
this is such a beautiful movie portraying the last days of St. John. Beautifully made.
½ July 9, 2009
Although Domitian's persecution is a bit exaggerated and John's other concerns (such as heresy and complacency) are ignored, I applaud these filmmakers for at least attempting to place Revelation in a historical context. People would find the book less difficult to understand if they would consider its context instead of assuming it was written in a vacuum to or for them directly and personally.
April 2, 2009
Richard Harris, in one of his final film appearances, plays the elderly apostle John in exile on the island of Patmos, where he experiences the apocalyptic visions that later comprise the book of Revelation. The producers deserve credit for placing the book in its historical context, with Emperor Domitian's persecution of the early church. It's let down by uneven acting from the supporting cast, cheap looking special effects, and scripting issues. It's doubtful that early Christians would have exclaimed, "Oh my God."
December 18, 2008
If you look past the cheesy special effects, the film is pretty stirring and nicely puts the Book of Revelation into historical context. Thank you Richard Harris (and a special treat-performance by Bruce Payne).
November 10, 2008
A very very wonderful representation of St John
August 18, 2008
Very Moving. I caught it late on tv one night and I just couldn't change the channel. Richard Harris was an amazing actor.
July 25, 2008
I love Richard Harris - reminds me of my grandpa.
January 6, 2008
good nerve racking movie!
December 16, 2007
Excellent performance by Richard Harris.
October 14, 2007
Haven't saw this yet but putting it on my Netflix list. :)
September 29, 2007
See book of Revelation unfold in front of you. awesome...Check out U Tube's Skillet video, Angels Bow Down, and the movie is in the background..Jesus Christ is the King of Kings and Lord Of Lords..Right now He's our Savior..later on He'll be our Judge..Come to Christ now..for He gave His life to all those who will believe on Him.....He rose again so we could have eternal life and have it more abundently..to all those who received Him as their Lord and Savior..
August 9, 2007
This was a good movie but I am sure some of their doctrines were off too. I was crying at the end of it though and I wasnt paying as close attention to the beginning as I did in the end.
July 17, 2007
This is a great movie. It literally had me crying. The movie is about the life of Apostle John while he was in prison. It reveals the tribulation he had to go through and how God was by his side. You get to have an inside look of how great God is.
July 5, 2007