The Bodyguard - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Bodyguard Reviews

½ January 20, 2014
Much less funny the second time through, but it's still enjoyable goofy slapstick.
February 16, 2013
Fun and silly. Fans of Tony Jaa and Petchthai Wongkamlao films will enjoy this action comedy. You need to be aware of Thai cinema to get all the references and in-jokes, but it's enjoyable and entertaining.
May 10, 2011
Tony Jaa's Del Boy looking friend with a Gun.
½ February 21, 2010
I'm not Thai, but I'm sure they must find this movie insanely funny, because I didn't:/

It was stupid half the time, but still worth seeing with it's interchangeable storyline.
½ February 16, 2010
A comedy/action movie, with barely any action or comedy. So painfully boring.
February 10, 2010
over-the-top action with silly comedy. Really wasn't too bad. Even has a cameo of Tony Jaa.
½ November 17, 2009
This was so bad on many levels. The action sequences were poorly done, and the story made no sense. Even though Tony Jaa was a marquee name he barely made a cameo. The last third of the film deteriorated into a self-parody of itself, referencing the director, and talking about the movie. This made no sense because the first two thirds took itself mostly seriously.
chadroesti
½ August 24, 2009
I don't know which one of you crackheads recommended this big pile o'crap to me but if I find out I will...hmm start rcommending Uwe Boll movies to you! Even if you love kung fu/martial arts movies, I wouldn't recommend this crap to the evil chinese wizard in Big Trouble in Little China or even Dolph Lundgrun in Showdown in Little Tokyo. SUCKS
June 5, 2009
Pretty bad. I wouldn't even compare it to a serious action movie because it's meant to be funny. But as someone who doesn't speak Thai, I find most scenes not funny at all. Stupid plot and cheesy lines. 4/10.
April 19, 2009
just plain cheesy, with only one good fight scene, then tony jaa shows up out of nowhere in a supermarket to fight some bddies, then just disappears never to be seen again. i just wasn't feeling this, maybe i'm wrong. the only good thai action films i've seen are still "ong bak" and "the protector" because tony jaa was at least in most of those.
December 23, 2008
Funny, if uneven, action-spoof/comedy from "Dirty Balls" of Ong Bak fame. Tony Jaa also cameos in a most awesome scene where there is much cracking of skulls with knees and elbows. This is kind of what Shoot 'em Up tried to be. Worth a chuckle or two.
December 23, 2008
December 7, 2008
no thanks not my kinda thing
November 13, 2008
its an Asian Kung Pow on Hot Fuzz spoof of Shoot em Up. its very cheesy but funny it seems like an all out action till you realize its making fun of action movies but the case is misleading:featuring Tony Jaa...for one scene but still a funny good movie
September 23, 2008
Movie for brits only tbh cuz of its crappy humor :D
Fun action, some nice fights.
Tony Jaa PWNS evrythin :)
½ September 14, 2008
The silliest movie I've seen in a long time. Some good laughs.
September 14, 2008
A Thai version of spoofs like "Scary Movie" but this will be an acquired taste for most people especially if you don't get the slapstick humor. The great Tony Jaa appears in a brief but funny cameo ("wrong movie, dumbass").
September 14, 2008
Brilliant over-the-top action and comedy. Cheesy of course, complete with love story and a cameo from Mr. Tony Jaa.
very good 8 out of 10