Der Knochenmann (The Bone Man) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Der Knochenmann (The Bone Man) Reviews

September 24, 2015
Austrian humour classic
½ October 30, 2011
Despite the fact it feels more like a TV movie at times, it's still a good watch! Good actors, good suspense. And always interesting to get a glimpse at the life of these strange creatures called "Oesis".
½ August 7, 2011
Slow and such a very weird film. Questions left unanswered of why the guy slaughtered random people?
½ February 19, 2011
Good Austrian comedy-thriller. Darkly funny, yet with an edgy thriller element too. Innovative plot, solid direction and good performances all round.
January 16, 2011
Crazy and not easy to rate. But it is entertaining and well acted, although the movie has it lenghts, but it never gets boring.
And I think you will also be satisfied with the ending!
May 19, 2010
A great thriller/black comedy, not unlike a Coen Brothers movie
½ March 17, 2010
Not terrible... though a little strange. Usually I like 'strange', but I guess this just wasn't my kind of weird.

Also a pretty recognizable plot... but I did stick with it to the end, which I guess says something.
½ March 17, 2010
Cool Austrian movie. Crime thriller with a chunk of dark humour. Weird stuff happen all the time and it never gets boring. The problem with the movie is that its never really thrilling or really funny. It's in the middle of each scale on both terms. It's got its moments and there is other aspects that is truly great with the flick as wel like the music, the camera work and the plot. Not superb, not bad.
February 16, 2010
5 yıldızı hak etti :) her ne kadar bir süre tavuk görmek istemesem de ( gerçi zaten yemiyordum :P )
½ January 24, 2010
"Der Knochenmann" is one of the films that bare a great resemblance to ancient greek tragedies, where a man who acts evil cannot get away from the effects of his actions and is slowly buried deeper and deeper into evil, crossing the line of no return and ends up being punished not by a higher force but from his own actions. That kind of movies is getting more and more rare to be found, so "Der Knochenmann" is worth every minute of its time. There is an excellent frame to the main story, composed of a cold environment, many side stories that don't draw the attention off the main, carefully sculpted characters with a great balance of good and bad sides, enough hilarious moments and a script that keeps you stalled in your chair until the end. Although I would prefer less gore and violence in certain points, I can only recognize that few people in the artistic world can achieve that result, so each and everyone of the people involved is worth a great deal of congratulations!
January 3, 2010
gripping and watchable, above the average of Austrian movies...
however longer than necessary, ordinary and not outstanding in international level
October 2, 2009
One of the best films of 2009, a great sarcastic crime/thriller. Must watch if you like dark comedies.
September 16, 2009
Exceptionnellement gore!
½ September 13, 2009
Despite the fact it feels more like a TV movie at times, it's still a good watch! Good actors, good suspense. And always interesting to get a glimpse at the life of these strange creatures called "?sis".
½ September 10, 2009
That film is not easy to classify... what comes to mind is a mixture of Chabrol's thrillers set outside of the big cities (like the Butcher for instance), the grim dark humour of "The Green Butchers" and the trash absurdity of the Coen brothers when they film characters that kill for no reason. Except that it happens in some part of the Austrian countryside with people being mostly ugly and having a very thick accent. The pacing is not always good, there are definite lacks of intensity in parts, the film is probably 15-20 minutes too long, but on the whole it is nicely done and original enough to enjoy without moderation...
September 4, 2009
I think that most people would not enjoy this movie even though it has some funny dialogue. I saw a couple of people walk out of the movie - and i don't think they were going for more popcorn.

I don't know if/when this movie will come out in the US, but for movie lovers, it is worth a watch just for its weirdness and the dialogue that i mentioned. If you have a weak stomach, don't see this!
½ July 5, 2009
taipei film festival 2009

crisp, clean opening sequence.
well-written plot. crazy, likeable characters - even the bad ones.
a bit of gore and the right amount of humour and quirkiness.