The Buffy Musical: Once More, With Feeling - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Buffy Musical: Once More, With Feeling Reviews

January 26, 2015
Best Buffy episode of them all!
June 26, 2013
A new demon compels the people of Sunnydale to break into song at random moments to express hidden truths.

stars Sarah Michelle Gellar, Nicholas Brendon, Allyson Hannigan, James Marsters, Emma Caulfield, Michelle Trachtenberg, Anthony Stewart Head, Amber Benson and Hinton Battle.

directed by Joss Whedon.
January 5, 2013
The best hour of television I've ever seen. Hands down. With the cast using their own voices, the magic of Buffy comes out to shine in this episode. Possibly the best characteristic of this episode is that it's relavent- there's a reason for the random singing, and it's anything but filler. Anthony Head and Amber Benson steal the show with their melodic voices, and Spike proves to be amazing as well. This fully restored my hope is Joss Whedon after Alien: Resurrection. With this episode, along with Hush, Avengers, and Dollhouse, I can honestly say that Joss is my Greek God of Sci-fi.
June 17, 2012
Don't think it qualifies as a movie, but I did love it sooooo much.
October 27, 2011
I can always just watch this, or listen to the soundtrack. It's great, and being an episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer that was written and directed by Joss Whedon, it talked of Anya's fear of bunnies :)
February 11, 2011
In a season that wasn't the best for one of televisions greatest shows, we are given the best episode of the entire shows run. You may scoff that a musical episode can be the best for a show about killing demons and vampires, but it surprisingly worked pretty well. The songs further developed the problems and relationships of each character and brought revelations and further problems forward, but truth be told, if you're not a Buffy fan, it's unlikely you'll get why this episode is considered the best.

Now let me rest in peace, let me get some sleep, let me take my love and bury it in a hole six foot deep :P
½ November 25, 2010
Sunnydale is alive with the sound of music as a mysterious force causes everyone in town to burst into full musical numbers, revealing their innermost secrets as they do. But some townsfolk are dancing so much that they simply burst into flames, and it becomes clear that maybe living in a musical isn't so great after all.

Undoubtedly the best of season 6 of this long running series, but also one of my favorite episodes of the entire series.
While not technically a movie in it's own right, this episode was the longest single ep run time in the 145 ep run of the series. The writing and singing were both done surprisingly well. I knew that some of the actors had a background in singing, but the fact that all of the series leads were able to participate and none were bad, some stood out, but none were terrible made the episode superb. The singing and dancing was able to be put right into the framework of the season arc, and ended up revealing some very crucial info to set up the rest of the season.
½ November 5, 2010
I found it hard to believe my dad when he said there was an episode that was am musical. I was wrong. My wonderful Buffy was crushed in this episode. Luckily the series got better after that episode.
½ April 14, 2010
Anyone who is my friend on Facebook knows that I love this episode. This is the only episode of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" that I've ever seen, but it is a great one, with the exception of some lame dialogue ("The hardest thing in this world is to live in it..."). I even have the soundtrack on my iPod and, yes, I know all the words. How big a dork am I?