The Case for Christ - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Case for Christ Reviews

½ May 3, 2014
I was disappointed by the lack of a balanced approach in this film. It is presented as if some new "evidence" has been discovered that can help non-believers believe. Yet his conclusion is it that with the "evidence" stacked fairly equally, he finds it easier to stop fighting the "possibility" of Jesus' claims ( not to mention his christian wife, they were a house divided) and just accept them. Are you kidding me? This is supposed to be a tool of conversion? lol His conclusion, that it's easier to join than fight is just silliness and is NOT an effective means of apologia! Faith is a gift, a burning reality... not the limpness of non-conviction. Boo I say, to what I thought was going to be a movie I could really like.
½ April 6, 2013
Great documentary about an educated man's journey to prove that Christ doesn't exist but finds the facts and truths behind the New Testament and validity of the Bible. I recommend this for everyone: the believer, atheist, and the agnostic.
January 26, 2013
I happened upon this recently and was drawn in by the subject matter and the journalistic investigation angle. Lee is a likable guy and I was interested in his journey. That said, he definitely had biases. Namely, he was afraid to lose his wife and family to Christianity, fearful he'd be left behind if he couldn't find the evidence sufficient to support his own conversion to Christianity.

I also found his reliance on all white male subject matter experts suspect as no particular diversity of opinion was ever offered.

And ultimately, I still think of Jesus as a great leader and healer, but not the one true Son of God and the only true faith. There are too many other compelling religions and belief systems in the world to come to that conclusion.
September 22, 2012
Great movie. Lee Strobel is he man.
September 7, 2012
Really answered many of my questions about the bible.
½ June 24, 2012
Fair. Could have been so much better. I liked it, but I was disappointed with the story and evidence towards the end.
½ May 11, 2012
Great testimonial of a hardened atheist's journey to faith in Christ. Strobel's use of evidence and painstaking research and investigation is fascinating (he was a reporter for the Chicago Tribune). An inspirational story for Christians and a thought-provoking journey for non-believers.
½ February 26, 2012
The arguments on display are interesting and mildly persuasive, but the film-making itself is bland.
September 11, 2011
Incredible!!! I encourage everyone to watch this. This is about what everyone wants. FACTS!!, not just faith that Jesus was who He said He was.
April 22, 2011
"Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free" John 8:32
March 8, 2011
Watch and decide for yourself...
February 2, 2011
starts with this reporter happily telling us how he got converted to christianity from atheism. he doesn't explain, obviously, why he had been an atheist. then we get these bishops and bible "scholars" exclaiming that they can rain down evidence... and then they simply just tell us that 1) the bibles contradictions don't cripple it as eye-witness testimony; 2) the fact that they were written 80 years after the fact, that the testimony was reliable; 3) that political interplay didn't effect the writing and then they make this huge jump... that somehow if the new testament was written by real witnesses of jesus's life, that all the supernatural hoshposh in it must have truly happened. c'mon man. try harder.
½ January 22, 2011
I am very cautious of any documentary that utilizes only one side of the story. This documentary cites claims from historians who work directly for the church or seminary's that help create the pastor's of tomorrow. At no point does the documentary present a perspective from a non-religious & non-bias historian. Be very cautious of this film as a piece of informative information. More like a propaganda film.
½ January 5, 2011
They just were not able to make the case for me. I thought this movie would present evidence as to Christ the person to support Christ of the Bible. It still requires faith in the writers and as far as evidence.... I only feel they presented hearsay and would be objectionable in most courts as reliable proof. Another "let me save you with Jesus" movie and is targeted to reassure current believers more so than convince real skeptics or true atheist.
November 15, 2010
Really great to watch how an admitted atheist finds Christianity. An actual reporter who went on a 2 year investigation of Christ
½ November 3, 2010
I'll give one example for 'The Case for Christ': Oral accounts of Jesus were not exactly the same from person to person. The movie says "Had they all been the same it would look like collusion and so incompatible stories actually are evidence of the truthfulness if the bible."
½ October 30, 2010
Great docementary and well narrated by the engaging Lee Strobel. If you're looking for some answers (at least initial ones) to life's most profound, deep and relevant questions watch this! Sure beat the old and tired liberal opinions that is typical fare on cable TV nowadays!
October 28, 2010
Very interesting. Very logical. But I feel like unbelievers will still find a way to not believe despite hearing this man's journey from atheist to follower of Christ through investigating Jesus' life.
½ October 25, 2010
September 22, 2010
The journey of Lee Strobel has he looks for answers to his faith. For those of us on similar journeys this is excellent, for those who are not curious it will appear as self serving propaganda. It explores some serious questions and attempts to answer with science and facts. For me it answered some questions, rasied other thoughts and reaffirmed my path