The Castle - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Castle Reviews

½ October 4, 2016
Absolute favourite. Suspect a North Amercan audience might be missing the essence of the Aussie gags.
September 11, 2016
This is Australian way of comedy . All I remember "boonie doon " & it's serenity !!
July 26, 2015
Although the movie's pace is dreadfully slow and the acting is sometimes pretty awful, the unique Aussie charm and awkwardness adds a certain cinematic spice to this late 90's comedy.
January 29, 2015
Without question, the greatest Australian film ever made. Full review later.
January 2, 2015
This is the best family movie ever...it is going straight to the pool room. Only my FBI agent friend didn't like it of many friends that have seen it. I think that might be a recommendation in itself.
December 12, 2014
recommended by benique
½ December 1, 2014
Very Funny unique with a fantastic cast. Get ready to laugh!
October 15, 2014
Darryl Kerrigan defends his home against a big name developer wanting to expand.

Darryl and his family live a happy life in their quaint Melbourne suburbs home that happens to be right next to the airport. The Castle follows them through their lives as a big developer wants to acquire the land the house sits on in order to expand the airport.

Darryl fights for his home and those of his neighbours with all he's got, but how do you stop a major corporation?

The Castle is still my favourite Aussie film as there's such a charm to it about a typical Australian family. Filled with many one-liners and moments to make you smile and laugh.
July 20, 2014
Charming family, dad stands up for their home when the airport wants to expand
July 19, 2014
A beautifully straightforward comedy that succeeds in the difficult task of giving an audience sympathy for its completely thick characters and their plight to keep their mediocre house.
June 26, 2014
Australian humour at its best
June 26, 2014
A true blue Aussie cult classic at its finest.
June 23, 2014
An Australian film that touches on families values and love for each other and their friends. Overcomes prejudice and embraces diversity in only the way an Australian could with being offensive. Plenty of feel good belly laughs and lots of one liners to take away.
June 16, 2014
#TheCastle was a very strange, but extremely sweet, funny movie.
½ June 8, 2014
One of my all time favourite movies. Priceless.
½ May 17, 2014
Some good laughs as the characters are introduced, but it's not quite as charming and funny as you'd hope.
April 2, 2014
Australian film with plenty of heart but not as funny as I wished.
March 25, 2014
My favorite movie of all times. I wish I could learn to be so grateful and content all the time. Hysterical and eye opening. serenity now.
February 19, 2014
Hilarious and highly quotable. Proves that having a big budget isn't everything.
January 23, 2014
Almost as good as the Dish