The Cat in the Hat - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Cat in the Hat Reviews

September 8, 2016
This is a good show and the book was good as well but I like the New one more then this but hay I still like this and it's a good kids show!!!
½ July 8, 2015
really great classic and so much better than the 2003 film starring mike myers and there are some scenes that seem pretty psychedelic but then again this was 1971 so guess i can see.
January 27, 2015
Pure creativity and fun!
December 20, 2014
put the movie right now
½ November 6, 2013
A very dated yet relentlessly endearing special.
March 7, 2013
Kids movie, idk. Its okay.
February 24, 2013
I loved the Cat in the Hat. And the story of the Sneetches and the two creatures who wouldn't move.

I loved the Grinch Grinches the Cat in the Hat more though.
½ January 4, 2013
cat. in. the. hat
½ May 31, 2012
The cat in the hat
July 24, 2011
It was okay, book was better and the newest rendition was better. This just didn't grab me.
April 22, 2011
An absolute classic that carries the originality viewers crave.
March 3, 2011
This cat is evil. I love cat in the hat, but i have to say he is totally creepy in this movie.
November 22, 2010
"Don't mess with the hat"

I used to watch this movie when I was a child together with my siblings and I loved it. The story is great and it has a great morale to it. The music kinda stuck to my head, I can still remember the songs from this movie. This was a great movie for children back in my childhood years and it might still be great to show to kids nowadays.
½ March 24, 2010
Watched this over and over again when I was a kid, but I have not seen this in years.
January 22, 2010

I loved the Grinch Grinches the Cat in the Hat more though.
June 25, 2009
classic. i used to watch this on vhs with the star bellied sneeches and whoever the 2 guys were that wouldn't step out of each other's way.
February 23, 2009
NO MONEY TO SEE IT!!!
MO.
½ February 5, 2009
Näin ensin uuden version ja siksi tämä vanha tuntui niin lässyltä. Se oli sitäpaitsi yhtä samaa toistoa vaan....
January 16, 2009
The moral of the story is, clean up after yourself.
October 5, 2008
you should see this one too :P