The Dark Is Rising - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Dark Is Rising Reviews

March 18, 2015
Will def see it as I am a big fantasy buff. Plus, I love Christopher Eccleston :)
May 20, 2014
OMG I cant wait for the movie! the series was so good!!!!!!!!
January 7, 2014
I'm so excited! I've loved this series since I was a child.
March 24, 2013
First this movie seem to have 2 titles. I was looking for "The Seeker' that was what I saw advertised. The story was very good, the affects great. I love the way he is finally able to get his brothers off of him...
February 11, 2013
Flixter's a little behind because this movie has made the awesome decision of including another title BEFORE the title and is now called The Seeker: The Dark is Rising. Oooo, that doesn't make sense but it's looming. When in fuck are the children's fantasy novels gonna stop being popular? The trailer makes this look embarrassing. Like Howard the Duck embarrassing. I hope the creators behind this are sitting on their thrones with their mahogany tables and big leather bound books thinking, "The Seeker: The Dark is Rising is gonna be as big, nay, bigger than LOTR and Harry Potter combined. We've cornered the market perfectly in their wake with such great successes as Eragon, Lemony Snicket, and the awsomely impending adaptation of The Spiderwick Chronicles." Then after the movie inevitably tanks in the box office, they all hurry up and kill themselves.
January 22, 2013
Ephram Brown, what have you gotten yourself into this time? =P
½ December 22, 2012
Al ver el poster y el trailer supongo que mis espectativas subieron mucho con esta película, pero lamentablemente no ofrece nada nuevo. 5/10
December 7, 2012
Another fantasy film which is very appealing. A vast array of fine actors and the story looks immense, want to see. Definately a flood of fantasy films this winter!
April 30, 2012
Even the smallest of light... shines in the darkness
½ April 15, 2011
outside of LOTR, this series is easily my favorite even today, however, the seemingly endless number of inaccuracies in the trailer alone completely killed my excitement and anticipation for this film, however i will still see it because i cant really judge a movie from the trailer.
January 27, 2011
A bog standard fantasy that is clearly cashing in on the success of Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings and has little of the charm of the two films put together. The fantasy aspects are well presented, though the tired and tested plot of a boy fighting against the odds to defeat the forces of evil is nothing new.
July 2, 2010
Not bad, but not amazing.
chadroesti
August 24, 2009
Fair, not great movie. Previews made it look 10 times better than it was. But I guess thats what they are supposed to do right?
½ August 21, 2009
The film tells the story of Will Stanton, a young teenager who learns he is the last of a group of warriors who have dedicated their lives to fighting the forces of the Dark. Traveling back and forth through time, Will discovers a series of clues which lead him into a showdown with forces of unimaginable power. With the Dark once again rising, the future of the world rests in Will's hands.
½ June 3, 2009
Fun visual effects in some places but it felt like they were trying to put too much in the short time frame of the movie.
June 2, 2009
I loved the books! Can't wait.
February 5, 2009
I fear this will be mutated beyond belief. The trailer feels so wrong and I'm and fear it will shatter my childhood love.
½ October 14, 2008
Typical teen-age-movie. The Book was bad and the movie wasn't that good either.
½ August 3, 2008
It might not be Harry Potter but it's a good thing to watch and probably to read now that the Potter series is over. I guess someday I'll have to read these books but right now I'll conform with the movies because so many other things to read. Maybe when all of my fav' series are over I'll have time to read and enjoy this one as much as I know I can.
½ July 9, 2008
No where near as good as the book.