The Dark Lurking - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Dark Lurking Reviews

February 26, 2013
Im not goin to say that this was a great movie but its not a terrible movie either. Sure the acting is subpar and most of it is cliched. But i enjoyed watching it. If you enjoy a decent scifi flick then you will find this movie quite enjoyable.
September 23, 2012
Note: This review of the German dvd version with the cover which rips off "Alien" and is titled "Alien vs. Zombie"

Although he dialogue is bad especiallly from the purposed bitchy charactor Jen, who is a bitch, the movie is entertaining. You have to get used to the Australian accents at first, especially because the rescue trooper are supposed to be an internation team ( To be more specific: One American, One Mexican and One Australian )

The effects are pretty good. But that good als be because of the dark atmosphere of the movie. It references relics found by the Nazis ( JAI! ) The action and story are good. But the charactors are a bit too stereotypical. You have to keep paying attention. It seems I missed the part where Jen the bitch died. Too bad.

The title of the DVD I have is misleading. Arn't zombies in space not just Aliens ? It was better to call it "Aussies vs. Space Zombies" or "Aussies in space" Although i'm not sure they are in space. They might be just under the ground or something or the space ship has a surface.
September 17, 2012
LOL what the hell is this shit?
September 1, 2012
Ja jo ja jo ... Lol .. I mangel af bedre kan den godt ses ... Den led bare af at man hele tiden troede "S√... .. NU sker der sgu noget!" men ak, der skete aldrig rigtig noget :( Helt elendig var den ikke, og kan godt ses, men omvendt er der mange andre federe film derude ... Now, you've been warned! lol
½ July 19, 2012
Two weeks after viewing i cant recall a single thing about this movie. Says everything you need to know right there.
½ January 13, 2012
Low budget gory Sci-fi, that has some great visuals.
July 31, 2011
The low budget is felt every step of the way. Having said that, the story is half engaging, half absurd. Dialogue and acting, for this kind of film, is a throwaway. Completely absurd, but in a half entertaining way.
½ June 3, 2011
Seldom is a horror movie so incredibly bad that I turn it off in the middle of the film...this is that movie. I'm happy to admit that my standards with regard to the horror genre aren't that high--if it's entertaining and a little spooky, I'm happy. However, this film is neither. It reminded me of a freak hybrid of "Alien," "Resident Evil" and "DOOM." The acting was so terrible, it made SyFy Original Movies look like Oscar-winning material. Do NOT rent this movie!
February 20, 2011
Den här pissfilmen, som fick den svenska titeln Alien vs Zombies, gör på något vis anspråk på att vara en del av Alien-filmserien eftersom den döper en av huvudpersonerna till Yutani. Dock medverkar inga aliens i filmen... eller? Eftersom hela filmen är så mörk och inspelad i trånga utrymmen är det svårt att avgöra vad man egentligen får se. Manus och skådespelarprestationer är rent komedivirke.
½ January 22, 2011
Perhaps it is unfair to rate a movie without actually watching it till the end, but with this one, it was impossible. Awful acting and laughable special effects. Avoid.
January 16, 2011
An Australian B... No, C-movie. Silly, cheap and filled with blood & gore - but I've had worse waiste of time.
½ January 4, 2011
Must be some amateur project for this was some poor stuff.
½ December 29, 2010
This zombie/alien exploitation movie was one of those few that rocketed directly onto my Worst Ever list and only cemented its place as it went on. Horrible acting, uninspired premise, breathtaking stupidity and insufferable cliches. I love watching bad movies, really, but this one was so bad it wasn't even funny. Allow me to recommend watching something else. Anything else.
½ December 6, 2010
La estaciůn de investigaciůn 320, situada 800 metros por debajo del suelo antŠrtico, ha dejado de estar operativa. Ahora, centenares de hambrientas criaturas en constante mutaciůn y con un atroz apetito de carne humana, andan sueltas por las instalaciones. Ocho supervivientes deberŠn sobrepasar 13 niveles infernales hasta llegar a la superficie.
½ December 1, 2010
A cool spacey horror flick that's kinda low budget but still fun to see. I liked it anyway even if the world didn't...
½ November 5, 2010
I really don't know what to say.. This movie features some FX which certainly consumed significant amount of funds, but amount ofnonsense, bad acting, pathetic dialogue and other (this time very very bad) FX is overhelming eventually. You can watch this film as a curiosity, otherwise avoid it!!!
½ October 25, 2010
esta bien gory en el espaciooo!! :)
½ October 22, 2010
Turned it off after 15'Mins...
A combination of strobe lights, gun fire, dark lighting and the fucking camera man must of being wearing roller blades !!
Yawn....