The Dead Zone - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Dead Zone Reviews

January 22, 2013
This show is AWESOME!!! WATCH IT!!! One of the best superhero shows on TV!
½ December 7, 2012
Seen a few episodes, was a fairly unique concept, similar to medium series they have had more recently.
April 10, 2012
not a bad remake...not true to the story in any way, but interesting in its own way
April 13, 2011
Good kickoff to the TV show, but I wouldn't really call it a movie.
August 3, 2010
I never heard of the original movie, but I discovered The Dead Zone through the USA television series. It quickly became one of my favorite shows because of the interesting spin on a detective type of show. However, it was soon canceled due to poor viewer ratings, so I decided to pick this movie up. It was good, but also really short. It's essentially just a long episode of the television series, but it does provide some background to Johnny's life. Overall, the acting isn't very stellar here, but it's solid for a television series. The plot is also quite predictable, but maybe that's because I was an avid viewer of the TV series before I watched the movie. Nonetheless, the movie is fun to watch and quite suspenseful at times. If you're a fan of the series or the original movie, I'd pick this one up, if not you're not missing much of this made for TV movie.
June 16, 2010
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=darkorchid]When I am not renting movie. I am renting TV shows. My latest one I have been watching is, The Dead Zone. I liked the book by Steven King. And loved the movie. So I wasn't sure I would like the the TV version of it. I really got into it. So I went and rented the second season of The Dead Zone. I think season two was just as good, if not better than the first season. Looking forward in seeing season three.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#9932cc]Donna A.[/color][/size][/font]
½ June 16, 2010
[color=black]The Dead Zone has been on for a couple years and I generally avoided it because I thought it looked too scary at first and too stupid at second. Out of a desperate attempt to stump Netflix, I ended up with the first season of the show. The verdict:[/color]
[color=#000000][/color]

[color=#000000]It's okay. That kid from sixteen candles got bonked on the head and now he can see the past, present and future when the plot requires it. In a nice bit of depth for this type of syndicated kids show, his ex-girlfriend is now married to the town sheriff with a son who doesn't know his true parentage. [/color]

[color=#000000]Whatshisname Breakfast Club dude gets into all types of scrapes that are not really dumb but that never created the least bit of tension for me. The last two episodes I watched had him as the lone innocent vote on a jury and inside a bank being robbed by a good but misguided ... wait just a damn minute ... both of those very things happened on ...[/color]

[color=#000000]Early Edition. A vastly superior show where the easy style and character comedy were a much better match for the exceptionally far-flung premise. But I'll tell you what had a far-flung premise ...[/color]

[color=#000000]Quantum Leap. Vastly superior to Early Edition. And I think he stopped a bank robbery in that one, too. Talk about fun, that was a really great show. It reminded me of that show ...[/color]
[color=#000000][/color]

[color=#000000]Starman. Running from the law, helping a different person each week with vaguely defined super powers that no one understands. Just like ...[/color]
[color=#000000][/color]

[color=#000000]The Hulk. Which reminds me of the grandpappy of all of these shows ...[/color]
[color=#000000][/color]

[color=#000000]The Fugitive. Now, if Dr. Richard Kimble could touch people and see the past, he would have found that one-armed man in twenty minutes.[/color]
[color=#000000][/color]

[color=#000000]So, um, watch The Dead Zone. It's a passable version of Quantum-Star-Hulk-Edition-I-Didn't-Kill-My-Wife-I-Don't-Care TV. [/color]
½ June 16, 2010
[font=Tahoma][color=deepskyblue][color=yellow]So much to talk about, ladies and gents. [/color][/color][/font]

[font=Tahoma][color=#ffff00]1. Did the short film thang with TomTom last night (If you read ModernHipp's journal, you can get his opinions...but don't believe him, I didn't mess up that bad, hehe). Despite the surprise sex scene (luckily I had all my clothes on...sadly, TomTom did not ;) lolol.), which was uncomfortable as shit not because of us but because any love scene is just gonna be awful, it was a great shoot. Hot as hell in that room, but the scene that TT and I wrote was really cool, and it was nice to act again. I can't wait to see it, I'm making him drop it off soon. And then run before my dad shoots him and buries him in the backyard. [/color][/font]

[font=Tahoma][color=#ffff00]2. [i]THE DEAD ZONE[/i]. Michael directed tonight's episode, with Richard Lewis guest starring. I really liked it, some of the shots were MONEY, and Michael just always amazes me with his acting...if you've seen [i]The Breakfast Club[/i], you know he can make you teary-eyed by sobbing his heart out...tonight he cried, subtly, and it gave me chills! Even the corners of his eyeballs turned red!! Why can't I cry like that dammit?? Ergh. The one acting skill I have yet to master. Anyway, I urge again to watch Dead Zone, and rent/buy the first two seasons on DVD. I'm gonna e-mail him tonight, the busy bastard hasn't written since I sent him my PSA. I'll send him a copy of the [i]Previous Engagement[/i] short, though, when I get it.[/color][/font]

[font=Tahoma][color=#ffff00]3. Work. I try as hard as I can to be cool, and chill, because I don't want to become like the jaded assholes I work with...but sometimes I can't help but get frustrated. People can be shitty. And I really need to stay away from Danny, or he needs to stay away from me, or whatever...because I heard him asking Cassie to make a call-ahead for his wife and kids, and I almost threw something. I casually asked her if they were coming in tonight, and she said no. Do you know how happy I was?? I really, really did not want to see them come in. I still don't. That is not good. I shouldn't give a shit, and then he was grumpy tonight and ignoring me, and I got really pissy about it! Between the Evan thing and this, I am just in a frustrated with guys mood. Goddammit. [color=lime]This color [/color][color=yellow]should have nothing to do with Danny and I's friendship. I hate him sometimes for being so....whatever to me, which ended up with me totally having a crush on him back. Asshole. [/color][/color][/font]

[font=Tahoma][color=#ffff00]4. My horoscope. Kind of pertains to Number 3 in some ways, which I just noticed and it weirded me out. "At the moment, issues of ethics, religion, and morality are all in your face." No, really? Morality? Then of course this was fitting before anyway: "A new character could enter the soap opera of your life- and bring the taste of honey you've been dying for". Well Evan popped in, so that was pretty accurate. Anyway. Morality. Ha. Bastard.[/color][/font]

[font=Tahoma][color=#ffff00]So I have no work till Friday, because I'm taking Thursday off to go see Flickerstick!! Yaaaaay! I love their music. And the lead guitarist is H-O-T. If you know them from Bands on the Run...well yeah they're a bunch of drunkards. And this proves how fleeting and fickle fame is (illiteration, bitches!). But their music and lyrics are hella cool....download "Beautiful" (my favorite), "Chloroform the One That You Love", and "Smile". Buh-way-no.[/color][/font]

[font=Tahoma][color=#ffff00]I'm out. I don't know. It's been a long weekend. I saw a bunch of peeps at work (Laureeeennnn and mommy de lauren!!) and IB nerds aplenty...it's been stressful, fun, frustrating, anger-inducing, hyper, and hectic. Sigh. [/color][/font]
June 10, 2010
Definitely a movie made to inspire a TV series. The end was kind of a silence of the lambs rip off and they didn't do a ton to further any character development like a good movie should. Other than that, not bad.
May 26, 2010
Initially I thought this is boring, they show it all the time in Sci Fi.

But when I accidently got the First Season DVD I was hooked. Quickly I realized the stories are well written and the show has a main plot throughout the series and also mini plots for each episode.

The story is about a High School Teacher turned Physic John Smith, after a car accident and 6 years coma, start seeing vision on touch.

This is based on a novel from Stephen King but the TV Series but better than the boring novel's by Stephen King.

The main story line is about an ambitious politician, who cross the paths with Smith, which Smith's believe will cause the Apocalypse, based on a vision he had.
April 11, 2010
...Which led to a great T.V. show. I own the whole series.
March 17, 2010
I liked the tv show and I often like Stephen King, so i should see this :)
And hey, it's got Anthony Michael Hall from John hughes' Sixteen Candles ;)
½ January 12, 2010
The original with Chris Walken was better, but this one is still worth watching
January 11, 2010
Good movie. Good to see Anthony Michael Hall can play someone other than the nerd! Going to watch the series on dvd now.
ScoopOnline
December 19, 2009
I rather stuck on the TV Series.
October 25, 2009
Pretty amazing for a T.V. show, it reminds me of Twin Peaks. While it lost a lot of the Stephen King style, it has it's own bizarre touch to it. The story is still essentially the same, but it's a lot less horror themed and more dramatic. Anthony Michael Hall is great and different from anything I've ever seen him in. Nicole De Boer was good too, especially when I had Christopher Walken and Brooke Adams to compare them to. The best part is the new mystery each episode with a continuing storyline as well, who doesn't love that?
October 25, 2009
Good movie, Good TV show! Can't get enf King!
September 5, 2009
I love Me some Johnny Smith.. The later seasons kinda putter out ..but you love the characters so much you don't care!
½ July 4, 2009
Tried a little too hard.
May 11, 2009
Good movie that leads to a good show.