The Endurance - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Endurance Reviews

March 29, 2014
Amazing story! Rent it.
½ February 4, 2014
What an amazing documentary! Low wages, bitter cold, return to safety doubtful. Seriously, stuff like this amazes me...one that they even attempted this, two the perseverance to survive and three, the grace that watched over all 28 of them as none of them died during this 21month ordeal. Beautiful scenes, loved that 3 expert clibers tried to follow in their footsteps with high tech gear and food, took three days what these guys did in 36hrs and the photos and movies actually taken by those on the expedition.
February 1, 2013
"Ship and stores have gone, so now we'll go home."
½ January 30, 2013
nothing short of amazing, one of my all time fav. docs
June 15, 2012
I was hoping to find this rare Liam Neeson historical film online, but ironically most of the matches I get are sm_t films with the same name. :/
April 26, 2012
remarkable documentary
½ April 1, 2012
An amazing documentary of one of the most perilous journeys man has ever made. The story of Shackleton's attempt to cross Antarctica in 1914 is an amazing tale of man's resilience, in the face of his insurmountable odds. Shown through actual photographs and video taken during the journey, we are drawn into the fight alongside the crew. Truly one of the most amazing real-life stories I've ever witnessed. Narrated by Liam Neeson
November 2, 2011
one of the best documentaries i've seen in a while
August 28, 2011
Looked good from the description but plays like an illiterate trying to read "Bunnicula". Slathered in history and factuality, particularly the actual film footag and stills from the crew in 1914, but so boring I read half a book while watching it. The book won.
½ July 8, 2011
Well worth the time. The views of Antartica are beautiful and haunting. The old footage of the adventure is unbelievable. But of course, the story rules the day. It is better than fiction.
½ April 6, 2011
An incredible story wrapped in a fairly ordinary documentary. As a big fan of the history of polar exploration, I was hoping for more. But if you don't know about Ernest Shackleton, you must see this movie. Even if you do, this movie is recommended.
May 24, 2010
Not a bad retelling of the story, but very, very dry considering how intense the original occurrence was.
½ May 10, 2010
The Endurance is an amazing story of survival that is well told and well documented with actual photographs and film footage. I am not sure what's more amazing, that the men survived such a horrible ordeal or that the film footage did. It makes me wonder what brand of film that they used.
February 14, 2010
"By endurance we conquer."
January 4, 2010
Yep, not the Kenneth Branaugh mini-series, this documentary is fabulous. Liam Neeson takes you on the re-telling of what was truly an impossible rescue of the Endurance crew.
January 4, 2010
two years in cold and ice-yuck and they never made it to Ant! but it was a pretty interesting story of how the entire crew made it home alive. definitely a Caleb pick.
July 6, 2009
Unbelievable footages and story.

Beautiful and sentimental, this is a must-see if you ever in your life enjoyed those tall tales of adventure.
July 6, 2009
One of the best documentary / historical / education films ever made. Tops in its genre. The narration by Liam Neeson is superb and considering most of the film is made from the editing of historical still pictures, the director George Butler, the director of editing Joshua Waletzky, and the director of photography Sandi Sissel should be praised for creating a piece that actually feels like a moving film from beginning to end. Top notch.
½ January 26, 2009
Excelente documental que registra una de las historias de supervivencia mas increibles del genero humano. 17 meses en el polo antartico, comiendo focas, pinguinos y algunas otras cosas.
Es una historia increible de principio del siglo pasado combinada con una fotografias increibles de la epoca y algo de pelicula de la epoca.
Increible que esta historia, con todos los requisitos, no haya sido llevada al cine.