Reviews

• Sep 15, 2021

An absolute classic! Such a great movie for its time and still a fantastic movie to watch today!

• Jul 31, 2021

Fuck whoever destroyed the 100% score for this movie.

Fuck whoever destroyed the 100% score for this movie.

• Jul 27, 2021

One of the best horrors ever made. Gore and special effects are fantastic mixed with the great acting and story.

• Jun 29, 2021

My personal favorite horror movie

My personal favorite horror movie

• Jun 09, 2021

Estranhamente divertido e perfeitamente assustador. Bem escrito e dirigido, uma história inovadora que te faz ter medo de floresta antes mesmo de A Bruxa de Blair.

• Jun 05, 2021

Yeah, I have no idea how we haven't covered this yet. Actually, we try to avoid movies that everyone has seen and said things about, because I often worry, "What else can I add to the conversation?" In truth, I'd seen Evil Dead II before the original and preferred the comic take on the same story. And Army of Darkness takes that goofiness, mixes in some peplum and Harryhausen and gets even cooler. I've ever seen — and been coated with gore during — the stage play. And we even talked about Within the Woods, the proof of concept that sold this movie. What can I say about this movie that's new and different? Do you want me to say something like, "It's a less claymation version of Equinox?" Because, yes, I absolutely believe that to be true but I'm still pretty amazed by what Sam Raimi and his skeleton crew were able to get out of this movie. How great is it that Raimi's career started here, mounting a camera to a board and running through the woods chasing people to try and get the perfect shot? Evil Dead is infused with a heavy metal energy and blows through 85 minutes like a band blasting as many songs as it can in one set so it can rock your face off. Where the later movies lose their edge slightly — there's no way Ash is getting killed — everyone in this movie is fair game. It feels dangerous and unhinged, as only the best horror movies can be. I mean, it must have worked out. They're still making sequels and video games and toys, after all.

• Jun 04, 2021

The stopmotion stuff was the most interesting thing about it and even that wasn't particularly interesting.

• May 17, 2021

It's a pretty good horror movie. However it has lots of problems. Out of all the Evil Dead movies this one hands down feels the most dated and cheap. Even though the deadites (demons) in this movie are horrifying, it can get really boring watching the movie multiple times. Finally, why would you watch this when the masterpiece Evil Dead 2 pretty much reboots this whole movie in the first 10 minutes?

• Apr 19, 2021

Too much falling, too much screaming, not the best makeup

Too much falling, too much screaming, not the best makeup

• Apr 16, 2021

It's somehow still really fun to watch. Even with the dated effects and the stiff acting, it is just creative enough to keep you entertained throughout.