The Extra - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Extra Reviews

January 12, 2013
Excellent movie with an outstanding cast!
March 9, 2010
Excellent movie with an outstanding cast!
½ October 15, 2008
Wasn't Very Impressed. It Was Pretty Dry & Not Very Innovative Really..Just Seemed To Be A Series Of Events Stringed Together...
August 14, 2008
Jimeoin is the extra, whose life not only feels inconsequential - it is! A lot of Australian comedians got to eat for a year because of this film, as it stars most of them. Unfortunately the story is rather weak & doesn't hold your interest for long. The extra finds love amongst his own kind, which is sweet.
August 9, 2008
Just when I thought I could not love this man any more, I see this movie!
Being a big fan of his, I do not know why I didn't see it sooner. Jimeoin's brilliant sense of humour runs right through the course of the movie, and the familiar Aussie comic actors are everywhere, including of course Jimeoin's sidekick Bob Franklin, who does a surprisingly good job playing the shady businessman.
There is something about this movie that I just 'get'- I think it is one of those movies that you will either know exactly where they are coming from, or just not mesh with it at all.
Thankfully, I was the former.
May 7, 2008
Average movie - starts out well, but tails off in a mix of timelines.
December 19, 2007
Jimoen doing what he does best, great movie funny and entertaining
September 5, 2007
July 5, 2007
About coming up in the acting industry
June 30, 2007
absolute tripe i'm sorry.
May 7, 2007
its not that good-but it gets full score cos its my feature film debut...
½ April 11, 2007
looked good but was so unfunny
½ April 5, 2007
Ah Jimeoin...
All in all not a brilliant overall movie (in movie terms) but I enjoyed watching it, and that's all that counts for me.
Jimeoin is one of those brilliantly funny people that seems to have funniness in their bones.
The movie may not have been much, possibly just a vehicle to get him on the big screen being funny...He's a fabulous stand up comic. He could just stand in the middle of a room and he would probably make me laugh.
See this if you like some light giggles and don't want to have to think in a movie.
April 4, 2007
the life of bein a extra!