The Factory - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Factory Reviews

½ May 26, 2018
This movie is stupid. Everyone else was holding Cusack back in his investigation. His assistant sounded like Cusack was a psychopath and she did not want to do anything important at all. It is painful to watch Cusack doing everything and others are not cooperating at all.
March 25, 2018
Way too intense for me. Got my blood pressure up. I love John Cusack, but this was too much. Good mystery.
½ February 4, 2018
A very decent story of "Cop hunts serial killer" with enough tension to keep you glued, though there are no real confrontations with the killer. But the ending is so unexpected and controversial that only for this the movie is already worth its while.
½ April 7, 2017
Weird with some twists. Can't say much cause it's all anticipation. Don't think I'd watch it again.
½ November 28, 2016
This movie was very predictable but the ending had a twist I didn't see coming.
½ August 28, 2016
Surprisingly I thought it was better than I thought it was going to be largely due to good acting by John Cusack in this phycological thriller.
½ August 21, 2016
Absolute Hollywood piece of crap. Characters are unlikable and so poorly developed that by the end of the film you're rooting for Cusack's and his dumb-ass daughter's characters to be offed by the equally dumb-assed "bad guy." Why aren't Cusack et al embarrased to be making this crap?
June 22, 2016
Gripping, but ending was pretty stupid and ruined the whole thing.
May 29, 2016
Another crappy movie I bought at the Video Buff. Why?! Why did I do it? Because I've seen so many damned movies in my life that there ain't many left. Unless I learn Hindi and start watching Bollywood movies.
May 6, 2016
An okay thriller with a few moments of "eek." I really do love John Cusack and he didn't disappoint in this role of a frustrated cop and disconnected father who struggled to find and save his daughter from a crazed weirdo with a baby fetish.

I also like Jennifer Carpenter ... but I would love to see her do a role that wasn't dark ... This movie didn't stretch her chops at all.
½ February 13, 2016
It was an average movie of action and thriller.
January 16, 2016
Creepy and I hated the ending
½ January 10, 2016
Gets off to a decent start then gets bogged down in the usual serial killer trappings...with John Cusack as the cop chasing down the killer when his rebellious daughter falls into the killers trap. Add a tacked on shock denouement and one finished the show feeling let down. Languished on the video shelf for 5 years before being released to DVD. No wonder then!
October 29, 2015
It was not Hollywood style, the anti climax, no happy ending
½ September 28, 2015
This movie really surprised me. The villain is pretty unconventionally twisted and the ending is kind of a gut punch. Yes, there is some shitty acting and clunky dialogue along the way, but for a movie you've probably never heard of you could do a lot worse. Definitely something I'd suggest adding to your NetFlix list.
½ September 2, 2015
Thrilling from start to finish. Although it feels like a combination of other similar thrillers, the plot twist in this one definitely makes it stand out.
½ September 2, 2015
This movie had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. It's suspenseful and thrilling from the moment it starts to its completely unpredictable plot twist ending. Sure it's been done before but The Factory lives up to its genre.
½ May 19, 2015
I thought this was a pretty good movie. It's a little weird and twisted, but I think that's part of what makes it enjoyable. As usual, John Cusack did a wonderful acting job and Jennifer Carpenter always did a nice job.
May 12, 2015
The movie starts off well with a scene that sets up the serial killer narrative. Unfortunately, this scene ultimately doesn't tie in neatly with the remainder of the movie, which is more about psychotic obsession rather than a "serial killer" running rampant. The ending was just plain stupid. Watch it if you're a fan of John Cusack but otherwise, it's a waste of 1 hr 33 minutes of your time.
½ May 1, 2015
Good horror thriller, shit ending.