The Factory - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Factory Reviews

June 22, 2016
Gripping, but ending was pretty stupid and ruined the whole thing.
May 29, 2016
Another crappy movie I bought at the Video Buff. Why?! Why did I do it? Because I've seen so many damned movies in my life that there ain't many left. Unless I learn Hindi and start watching Bollywood movies.
May 6, 2016
An okay thriller with a few moments of "eek." I really do love John Cusack and he didn't disappoint in this role of a frustrated cop and disconnected father who struggled to find and save his daughter from a crazed weirdo with a baby fetish.

I also like Jennifer Carpenter ... but I would love to see her do a role that wasn't dark ... This movie didn't stretch her chops at all.
½ February 13, 2016
It was an average movie of action and thriller.
January 16, 2016
Creepy and I hated the ending
½ January 10, 2016
Gets off to a decent start then gets bogged down in the usual serial killer trappings...with John Cusack as the cop chasing down the killer when his rebellious daughter falls into the killers trap. Add a tacked on shock denouement and one finished the show feeling let down. Languished on the video shelf for 5 years before being released to DVD. No wonder then!
October 29, 2015
It was not Hollywood style, the anti climax, no happy ending
½ September 28, 2015
This movie really surprised me. The villain is pretty unconventionally twisted and the ending is kind of a gut punch. Yes, there is some shitty acting and clunky dialogue along the way, but for a movie you've probably never heard of you could do a lot worse. Definitely something I'd suggest adding to your NetFlix list.
½ September 2, 2015
Thrilling from start to finish. Although it feels like a combination of other similar thrillers, the plot twist in this one definitely makes it stand out.
½ September 2, 2015
This movie had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. It's suspenseful and thrilling from the moment it starts to its completely unpredictable plot twist ending. Sure it's been done before but The Factory lives up to its genre.
½ May 19, 2015
I thought this was a pretty good movie. It's a little weird and twisted, but I think that's part of what makes it enjoyable. As usual, John Cusack did a wonderful acting job and Jennifer Carpenter always did a nice job.
May 12, 2015
The movie starts off well with a scene that sets up the serial killer narrative. Unfortunately, this scene ultimately doesn't tie in neatly with the remainder of the movie, which is more about psychotic obsession rather than a "serial killer" running rampant. The ending was just plain stupid. Watch it if you're a fan of John Cusack but otherwise, it's a waste of 1 hr 33 minutes of your time.
½ May 1, 2015
Good horror thriller, shit ending.
March 24, 2015
Before I say anything else I was excited to see a Walking Dead character, Milton! This is the first movie I have seen staring him, and he does a great job. I feel like this movie succeeded in doing what it was intended to do, but it was what it was intending to do that was flawed. The story wasn't bad, the acting was really good, and so was the script. It could have been executed better, but for the most part it was well done. Is it beleivable, kinda. The girls all disappearing happens, but they are found in real life, where here we don't even know what happens to some of them. How the two girls managed to say in the basement with nothing for three years is beyond me, and how they agree to making these babies and stay willingly makes little sense to me. Then there is the heroic detectives daughter who attacks 'daddy' of course, so ya it's kinda all over the place. The ending with the house search was good, and tense, but after the detectives lady partner shoots him and says she's part of the project the whole time, all that was a good movie went down the drain. Some movies can really kill themselves, and this is one of them. So besides the terrible ending, the movie is well done and enjoyable, only thing about it that I didn't enjoy was the mediocre pace. Good movie but didn't really do anything for me.
½ March 21, 2015
One of the worst movies ever written or directed. Cusack and Carpenter, what WERE you thinking?? If you stumble across this on Netflix, avoid it. The problem is, until the end it is just a run-of-the-mill crappy movie. The ending, though, turns this into a huge cesspool that will make you forever question your choices of future movies. Yes, it was THAT bad. No more watching Cusack movies, just because he is in them. In fact, no more Cusack movies for awhile, period, lest they remind me that I wasted 2 hours of my life on THIS dog. Whew
March 18, 2015
A decent enough crime film. There are better films like this, but there are also far worse. At the very least, I don't think it's a waste of time to see it.
½ March 8, 2015
Not bad, not great either. A mash up of a hundred other films.
March 5, 2015
Terrific. I don't know how this film is so underrated being as great as it is, but if you're reading this I highly recommend it. It has many good aspects, the ending being both the best and the worst.
February 15, 2015
Great film couldn't see the angles...surprises along the way & great ending
February 12, 2015
A cop obsessed with find a serial killer finds out his daughter gets kidnapped by him next.
A very tense movie that has some twists and turns and really surprising ending that, oddly enough, I did not see coming.
Both John Cusack and Jennifer Carpenter were good and Dallas Roberts was good as the villain.