Reviews

• Apr 30, 2016

Directed by Edward Dmytryk before he became a big name director and was still directing films like "Hitler's Children" and "Under Age" he made this sixth film in the Falcon series and the second film starring Tom Conway, who took over the role of detective The Falcon from his real-life brother, George Sanders. In this installment of the series, The Falcon is framed for murder in part of a war-bond scheme, Dmytryk brings more style to this film than I seem to remember in the other installments of the series, though it's still not exactly "Murder, My Sweet" or "Crossfire," but it is a solid entry into The Falcon series. And I was pretty excited to see in the opening credit "The Velma Dawson Puppets" to see what kind of major role puppets would play in the film, but sadly puppets did not feature prominently in the plot.

• jay n Super Reviewer
    Apr 26, 2016

Tidy little entry in the series with bits of humor to balance the action.

Tidy little entry in the series with bits of humor to balance the action.

• May 17, 2013

one of the better Falcon series pix

one of the better Falcon series pix

• Aug 19, 2012

Another decent enough mystery but feels a little fresher as Tom Conway gets to solve this one on his own for the first time.

• Aug 18, 2012

Enjoyable enough hokum with Tom Conway. Look out for Olin Howlin as the Sherriff

• Apr 26, 2012

tom conway, george sander's brother, as the falcon suave, sophisticated lothario all in glorious black & white.