The Final Winter Reviews

• Feb 19, 2012

Must See Aussie Film

Must See Aussie Film

• Aug 30, 2011

First movie in a long time that I couldn't even finish watching. Pure fucking excrement.

• May 21, 2009

First you are not going to like this movie if you don't Rugby League because this is what the story is about and i really liked for rhat it is, its not a perfct movie but it is a great un movie and has a great opening shot.

• May 09, 2009

one of the most biggest let down movies ever. Footy legends shits all over it and its not a factual movie like this one. So if you want to see a movie that is full of bad acting, bad directing, bad story this movie is for you. thank you ch 9 for making more shit from your department

• Dec 05, 2008

F...ing awesome movie. Tough footy. Gutless President, of course. See it, you won't be disappointed.

• Nov 07, 2008

This is not a sports movie. Don't get me wrong, league it the central protagonisy here, but there is little on field action. This is not the cliche film about a team's attempt to win this or that, it is about the culture that surrounds sports - specifically that uneasy period just before professionalism took hold. I have very little knowledge of the era in which this takes place, but it makes for very interesting viewing knowing the Superleague war was another 15 years away. It's a sound film, not a great of Australian cinema, but it does well to portray that time and place in history.

• Nov 01, 2008

so good that i fell asleep....

so good that i fell asleep....

• Sep 09, 2008

what a movie for a dinky di aussie league fan.had it all drama suspense and comedy.a must watch and matty johns give the footy show away and act full time you have the potentail

• Sep 05, 2008

Very good, I would have given it 4 stars, but I'm not a fan of the sport or the era, having spent the 80s in Australia. The recreation of Australian life in the 80s is faithful to the point of eerieness. The period that bridged between the small-town mateship philosophies of "They're a Weird Mob" and the corporatization of the 90s and beyond rings very true. And ultimately, for me, it is a conflicted film, making no judgements of what was better, but clearly very nostalgic nonetheless. Also I have to give an honourable mention to Raelee Hill, for a really solid supporting role.