The Forgotten Ones - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Forgotten Ones Reviews

June 2, 2014
Kellan Lutz dies! Boo! It gets 1 star just because he is in most of the movie!
May 13, 2013
Una historia aburrida y con un final tan usado que no necesitas 1h y 30mins para saber qué es lo que va a suceder.
April 25, 2013
pretty interesting one
January 8, 2013
I'm the first to admit I love myself a cliché horror film. Whether it's a supernatural storyline where a family has moved into a house that is built on an indian burial ground/the previous owners have died/ the devil lives in the basement or a slasher flick with a group of teens, I'm all for it. That was the draw card for selecting The Forgotten Ones, a film that I believe went straight to DVD and follows a group of young people who are stranded on an island after their boat sinks and they soon realise they are not alone... dun dun dun.

From the get-go we were deciphering the plot, which is so fun when it's this predictable. The characters included the annoying fat guy, the attractive bimbo, the dark, brooding loner, the nice girl and her non-appreciative cheating boyfriend. I put money on the bimbo dying first, whereas hubby picked the fat guy. (Both commendable choices but I ultimately won that one). The rest of the film unfolded in an equally unsurprising way, but it started to get a bit stale because the storyline had been done before, done better and done with bigger scares. When a film is this average, you at least want some decent scares in there to break up the monotony.

We picked the plot scene for scene - there was a group of otherwordly / non-human tribespeople living on the island who hunt humans. There was a camp there a hundred years ago where everyone was killed and no-one had been on the island since. (Hell, the island wasn't even on the map!) The characters were picked off one by one until the nice girl remained and then, when the filmmakers realised this had only taken 50 minutes, they proceeded to drag out her escape for the next 30.

What really ruined the film for me was how much camera time was given to 'the forgotten ones'. They were the scare factor, but they were given as much screen time as the protagonist and they looked like budget orcs so it ruined any chance at suspense. Good for a laugh, but not much else.
November 14, 2012
"Firefly's" adorable Jewel Staite battles carnivorous anthropoids on a remote island in her underwear... no further review needed.
½ October 4, 2012
This could be the worst movie ever made. Very badly written, acted, AND directed. Absolutely not exciting interesting or frightening. Decent makeup, but lousy effects. Seriously awful. Unwatchable. What is Jewel Staite doing in this crapola?
October 2, 2012
C+

This movie is not terrible...but it's not good. The monster cannibal things looked cool, but they weren't scary. This whole movie is not at all scary, suspenseful yes, but not scary.
January 13, 2012
It was decent to watch I guess but it could of been better.
½ November 18, 2011
Total pants, Poor acting and the most predictable plot ever!
August 16, 2011
It was decent to watch I guess but it could of been better.
March 27, 2011
Tropical Island becomes death trap for six shipwrecked people on vacation. Creature Feature that borrows from The Descent. Not great but at times fun and bloody entertainment.
½ January 20, 2011
The own crew and director thought they did a lousy movie and it was remade at the same year. Do I need to say more?
August 26, 2010
starts off crap, then gets good when on island, but after group are whittled down, it looses logic for me, with some crappy keeping charactor when before they were invincible, yes this is always the case, but its not done that well, it gets boreing
½ August 16, 2010
:@ me la re jugue dije pinta buena... pero noooo una cagada u.u
August 12, 2010
Forget about The Forgotten Ones. Badly written and acted worse - except for Jewel Staite who really tries to do what she can with the inconsistent script - it has every possible flaw a horror flick could have: predictable or even outrageously implausible situations, shallow characterizations that make you wish for the characters' demise, and valid ideas ripped off from better and more famous movies.
Frisby2007
August 8, 2010
I wasted 45 pesos to watch this garbage excuse for a film. This film is boring, cliche, unoriginal, laughable, & practically a "King Kong" meets "Predators" rip-off plot themes. The only interesting thing in this film were the creatures, but even so, they still were nothing close to being good.

So it starts off as the typical teen love & yacht theme with friends & all, & then they head out to sea to have some fun. Are you getting something original? No, instead, you're getting teens 'coincidentally' crashing onto an 'uncharted island' that no seems to recognize, & later on, it's infested with some strange, demonic cannibals that have apparently eaten other people that were on this island a very, very long time ago. How original is that? Like I said, it's almost just a bunch of other movie plots ripped out & pasted around.

And the most obvious part about this movie that easily says it's a "Predator" rip-off is through half the movie when the main character discovers how to protect/cover herself from the creatures. All in all, this movie sucked. Even the ending to this movie was painfully stupid. I gave this movie another 10% for pity.

Hell from what I read, the original director & others who worked on this movie didn't like the results of what came out of it. Wow, I applaud them for being the very first movie makers who realize what crap they made unlike some people (Uwe Boll). So now, this movie is at it's titled, "Forgotten". I'm certain the new straight to DVD remake won't be better.
July 30, 2010
pretty interesting one
½ July 9, 2010
Jewel better known in SG Atlantas... very obvious film not bad though very easy to watch
May 22, 2010
A group of unlikable young people get stranded on an island inhabited by a savage tribe.  The only great thing about this one is the heroine farts during a scene.