The Good Humor Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Good Humor Man Reviews

½ April 9, 2013
I really enjoyed this movie, it was definitely different then most I've seen, and some unexpected things occur also. Good stuff, I gave this movie a 7 for really good.
April 9, 2013
Well, this would be my first rotten tomatoes review, and is, as of now, the only review for this movie, I won't mind if you, my dear reader, completely disregards this. The Good Humor Man is a slower paced movie about living the high time sophomore life in the nineteen seventies. The movie centers around Jay and his band of buddies, including Smelly Bob and the brick wall of a kid known as Mount Rushmore. What I can say about this movie is that it is for sure, really just about life. It doesn't catapult you in with any action scenes and it doesn't have any kind of emotional spin, save that of drab everyday live, with a few violent twists thrown in. So, check it out, order a couple pizzas, call some buddies, maybe throw a stoner in the mix, and enjoy a mellow saturday night. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
½ April 9, 2013
Nathan Stevens does a terrific job and is very well cast. More interesting than I was expecting, good story and a nice feel for the 1970's. Believably done, well written, and always interesting. Very well developed characters.
April 9, 2013
I don't understand why everyone thinks this is awesome
April 9, 2013
This doesn't really sound like anything that I would be interested in watching.
just ok period piece
June 13, 2012
I'm the first to review it? I should read iMDB first... always. I thought it was a comedy because 1. Jason Segel, 2. Jorge Garcia... well, it wasn't. It was the opposite of funny. The movie is OK, the story is good, and the actors aren't bad. It's that annoying music that got me to lower the rating. Also, the pace... it's very slow.
June 12, 2012
The film feels like it was made in the early 90's or late 80's. It's almost like someone took really old film equipment and decided to make a film with it. The picture itself is really something to look at. Where it lacks is the editing process that went into it. It really did feel like somewhat of a first draft of a film. Otherwise, this is about as raw and natural as an independant film can come. It is quite the serious piece of work and does have some mildly amusing elements to add come comedic elements. This story does feel quite real for the most part, though and is very well acted in most places. This is quite the find, and thanks to my friend Kristina, I now have a copy of it.
August 21, 2009
i need to finish it!! ><
July 23, 2009
It could have been better. I would have shot it completely different. I felt it sucked when it came to directing. And some of the story made me go "huh wait so."
April 8, 2009
It's like a comedy without the comedy. Everyone's acts like a jackass. That and it was really slow.
½ February 11, 2009
Wow, what a waste of good film. I didn't even bother to finish it, it's so slow and plodding. Here I thought it would be like "Dazed and Confused" but I should have looked at the cast more carefully to see that Kelsey Grammar is in this turkey as well as produced the snorefest.
January 20, 2009
a little dissappointed and a little interesting at the same time. It is portrayed as a comedy but is lacking in the humor department but has a good message. Jason Segal has a creep role but as mentioned does it well and the girl is hot. The ending was stupid and solidified my decision to never watch the movie again. Worth the watch but not a second time
½ December 21, 2008
for a supposed comedy this film really lacked any funniness, and was really quite slow. i really like jorge garcia (hurley from "lost") and cameron richardson is pretty hot. it was really disturbing to see jason segal as a killer, but he played it well.
½ December 6, 2008
This was a cool movie. It was not what I was expecting at all. I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't as funny as seemed like it would be. Defiantly worth watching though.
½ June 23, 2008
very cool. i just thought that the soundtrack was way to dark for its Comedy genre title. i really enjoyed the two main characters and the fact that they turned "hurley from lost" into a complete badass was awesome.

check it out yo a nice indie flick to add to any collection!!
½ June 21, 2008
The most suprising movie.
I was thinking more of a lower-budget Superbad and walked away feeling enlightened and redeemed.
Perfect timing will amp this movie for me.
June 2, 2008
this movie sucked dick
No stars from me
½ May 27, 2008
Interesting movie with a different cast. The cast was good because, they were kind of indie. No one very big. Jorge and Jason Segel were it. The Segel character was funny cause he was a total douchebag, unlike his usual roles. The movie could have been better without that chick in it, and could have gave Kelsey Grammer more of a role.