The Good Humor Man Reviews

• Apr 09, 2013

Well, this would be my first rotten tomatoes review, and is, as of now, the only review for this movie, I won't mind if you, my dear reader, completely disregards this. The Good Humor Man is a slower paced movie about living the high time sophomore life in the nineteen seventies. The movie centers around Jay and his band of buddies, including Smelly Bob and the brick wall of a kid known as Mount Rushmore. What I can say about this movie is that it is for sure, really just about life. It doesn't catapult you in with any action scenes and it doesn't have any kind of emotional spin, save that of drab everyday live, with a few violent twists thrown in. So, check it out, order a couple pizzas, call some buddies, maybe throw a stoner in the mix, and enjoy a mellow saturday night. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

• Apr 09, 2013

I really enjoyed this movie, it was definitely different then most I've seen, and some unexpected things occur also. Good stuff, I gave this movie a 7 for really good.

• Apr 09, 2013

Nathan Stevens does a terrific job and is very well cast. More interesting than I was expecting, good story and a nice feel for the 1970's. Believably done, well written, and always interesting. Very well developed characters.

I don't understand why everyone thinks this is awesome

I don't understand why everyone thinks this is awesome

• Jun 12, 2011

just ok period piece

just ok period piece

• Apr 29, 2011

The film feels like it was made in the early 90's or late 80's. It's almost like someone took really old film equipment and decided to make a film with it. The picture itself is really something to look at. Where it lacks is the editing process that went into it. It really did feel like somewhat of a first draft of a film. Otherwise, this is about as raw and natural as an independant film can come. It is quite the serious piece of work and does have some mildly amusing elements to add come comedic elements. This story does feel quite real for the most part, though and is very well acted in most places. This is quite the find, and thanks to my friend Kristina, I now have a copy of it.

• Feb 27, 2010

I'm the first to review it? I should read iMDB first... always. I thought it was a comedy because 1. Jason Segel, 2. Jorge Garcia... well, it wasn't. It was the opposite of funny. The movie is OK, the story is good, and the actors aren't bad. It's that annoying music that got me to lower the rating. Also, the pace... it's very slow.

• Jul 23, 2009

It could have been better. I would have shot it completely different. I felt it sucked when it came to directing. And some of the story made me go "huh wait so."

• Apr 08, 2009

It's like a comedy without the comedy. Everyone's acts like a jackass. That and it was really slow.

• Feb 11, 2009

Wow, what a waste of good film. I didn't even bother to finish it, it's so slow and plodding. Here I thought it would be like "Dazed and Confused" but I should have looked at the cast more carefully to see that Kelsey Grammar is in this turkey as well as produced the snorefest.