The Haunted Airman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Haunted Airman Reviews

½ April 22, 2012
it was like a bad soap opera but in movie
February 25, 2012
It was cool, different, but it lost me along the way
½ February 15, 2012
It doesn't even deserve half a star.. i watched it because it had Pattinson in it and i have to say, it ruined him for me. It had no plot, made no sense, waste of an hour!
February 8, 2012
Terrible definitely a rotten tomato!
January 26, 2012
very sad & werid movie but it was pretty good movie i might not watch it agein but it was intersing to see robert in the kind role with very stocking ending!!!!
January 10, 2012
i love this movie...i thought it was great and interesting...rob is very good in this and his voice has such a haunting element to it and i felt remorse for his character...the only negative would be the constant smoking throughout the whole thing lol...
November 21, 2011
Young Robert Pattinson (20) in one of his earlier movies. Clearly was a low budget movie, but I'm glad I watched it. The actress who played his love interest looked waaaaay too old for him.
November 19, 2011
November 8, 2011
it's ok..the story is one of those "wtf" is going on stories.
September 20, 2011
thank God this one is only 68 minutes what a piece of shit! not scary uses every lame cliche, creepy music, bats, spiders crawling up thru drains so disappointed with this.
½ July 22, 2011
Wake up critics! This is an old-style Alfred Hitchcock type drama/thriller. It's not horror and it's not meant to be. Overall, the acting is quite good. My main issue is that certain bits needed to be fleshed out more. I think this movie could have benefited from being 15-20 minutes longer. I know that certain things weren't spelled out for you so it wouldn't ruin the twist at the end, but I think Julian's and Rachael's characters needed a little more development. They weren't quite 3 dimensional. I thought Robert's performance was brilliant though. This is REAL acting folks and not just a bunch of CGI junk to make things look pretty and wow the audience! I don't need non-stop action and shiny special effects to enjoy a movie. I do, however, very much like special effects. Especially the way they were done BEFORE CGI back in the late 70's and 80's. People like George Lucas and Steven Spielberg were at the top of their game back then. Spielberg also did a great job with Schindler's List. Again, REAL acting and not special effects dominated that movie.
½ July 13, 2011
I thought it was well acted, but the story was rather lame & I didn't really feel like it portrayed the feel of the book (although I suppose that's relative)
½ June 14, 2011
Low budget, seen the plot with Nicole Kidman and 'The Others.' In an attempt to relate to the surge that is Pattinson - no surge. An early start to the career however.
½ March 12, 2011
It's not at all a good film; it's incoherent, there's about five minutes of actual plot in the entire runtime, and there are long stretches of completely pointless images. However, it's a little fascinating. One thing it definitely achieved was an ominous, choking sense of mood. There were many times I was genuinely disturbed by the weird, disconnected photography, the odd angles, and the harsh editing. The atmosphere was absolutely one of total isolation where you could easily find yourself questioning your sanity and your reality.

Is it worth watching for that? Probably not. Nothing happens and it makes no sense. The cast do deliver characters that feel real solely using physical expression and a handful of lines each (there's about the same amount of dialogue as there is plot, which is to say, almost none), so they are to be commended. Robert Pattinson is also stunning to look at in general (and the camera is rarely off him), so if you're just coming to oogle, you won't be disappointed.

Acting and atmosphere = 5/5 Absolutely everything else 0/5
March 10, 2011
It is a bizarre movie. I would have liked it better had it been a bit longer. Alot happens in one hour and eight minutes. The ending wasn't what I thought it would be. Loved the bath tub scene and anytime Rob's chest was showing. He did a great job at being a paralized man.
March 9, 2011
Pre Brooding emo Cullen days, Robert Pattinson stared in a straight to DVD bargain bin burner titled The Haunted Airman where he plays a Brooding Emo Pilot. Don't question the range of this actor, the angst he brings to the Tormented Toby Jugg is quite different than the vampire Drama. Toby Jugg Smokes, A lot!

Toby Jugg is troubled. He is paralyzed by night terrors, fear, paranoia, and a severe spinal injury. If in fact Aracnophobia was the scariest film of all time you will get the creeps from the spider nest of a hospital in which our mental mama's boy resides. Filmed and pasted into this movie from your very own back yard.

The film isn't a complete train wreck, not a train in sight actually. There isn't much of anything to see or talk about. Pattinson is actually quite good when he isn't smoking and keeping things to himself. His portrayl of claustrophobia in wide open spaces is a site to be hold even if the crippling scenes are few and far in between this 80 minute snooze fest.

Why is Toby haunted? That's advertised every 2 minutes from beginning to end. Why should anyone care? Well they say real horror is not knowing right?

according to the internet, The Book in which this viewing is based titled "The Haunting of Toby Jugg" is known for its contraversal lunacy. There in lies the Real Horror, it's out of print. AHHHHHH!
½ January 24, 2011
Too many creepy spiders... alright film for a made for tv standards.
January 17, 2011
Awful. Only good thing about is Rob!
January 10, 2011
If Robert Pattinson hadn't been in this movie, I would have shut it off within 15 minutes. And as it turned out, I was sorry I didn't do that anyway. The eye candy is not enough to make up for the fact that this movie really sucks. It's painfully slow-moving, the characters are not likeable at all, and this was just generally a waste of time.
December 6, 2010
(***): Thumbs Up

It doesn't completely work, but the film kept me intrigued throughout with its story. Interesting but flawed.