The Heartbreak Kid - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

It's a Aussie classic!
½ October 6, 2015
has nothing 2do with the 1972 movie of the same title
½ February 14, 2012
Remarkably grown up. There's not many Australian 'classics' which turn out actually to be good, but this is one.
December 9, 2010
Good but a bit flaky in some parts.
December 9, 2010
Good but a bit flaky in some parts.
½ July 23, 2010
ahhh love this movie...reminds me of my school days!!!
November 22, 2009
This movie was the inspiration for a TV series called Heartbreak High but it's where Claudia Karvan was probably first recognised as having amazing potential as an actress and she hasn't disappointed.
July 17, 2009
THis is one of the movies i wasn't allowed to watch as a kid, so as a result want to see it more. Finally watch it and was very disappointed. Just a series of soccer, fighting and sex scenes, and a lack of plot and character development in between. Seems my mother was just protecting me from bad cinema.

The only highlights were seeing Neighbours stars, Scott Majors as a teenager, and Steve Bastoni with a bad moustache. Both have got hotter in their old age.
½ October 28, 2008
I have to admit i really admired this film and the characters in it a young student falling in love with a teacher yes it seems like it has done a million times before but this was different and special it was a great film beautifully acted and told.
½ May 9, 2008
Love it smart, funny, entertaining you get to know and love the characters another fine Australian movie.
February 12, 2008
... on the suggestion of a fellow Classical-lover ...
January 22, 2008
I'm not watching this either.
December 21, 2007
An Aussie film worth watching!! This is the movie that started the TV series Heartbreak High
October 31, 2007
NOT LISTED ON NETFLIX
½ October 6, 2007
Putting Mozart's Requiem to a love scene was...inspired. Good, Aussie film that should be seen by more people!
June 28, 2007
another all time fav of mine, mainly cause of alex and claudia, i love both of them! + being part greek i can relate to stuff that happens in this movie :)
½ June 8, 2007
good but so so tackey, i love it!
½ April 4, 2007
Storyline could have used some work.
March 28, 2007
Every guys dream.... to get Claudia Karvan as a teacher!
December 31, 2006
This film is really sweet I liked it