The Journey - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Journey Reviews

½ August 2, 2014
Set in Hungary where Russia has sent in troops to quell the resistance, we have a group of foreigners stuck in an airport looking to leave but are sent to Austria where they are detained at the border. It then proceeds with a woman desperate to save her treasonous love who she will do anything to save.

Fine acting and of course I am a sucker for anything Hungarian. The language, gypsy music, Russian drinking songs, border crossings, langos and stuffed cabbage made me enjoy it. It then culminates in ironic tragedy where even people who can be good can have it bad.
½ July 27, 2014
i think its a wrong description of this pic
November 13, 2013
"The Journey" nos sitúa en medio de un conflicto en Hungaria, con un par de amantes que tienen que esconder su identidad mientras se encuentran en las manos de un mayor y su ejercito. La cinta contiene leves ecos de "Casablanca" y sorprende con la complejidad de un hombre que cuestiona sus lealtades al enamorarse de la mujer que sabe que debe arrestar.
Las actuaciones de Deborah Kerr y Yul Brynner son extraordinarias, adentrándonos en el dilema moral de sus personajes. "The Journey" es una estupenda película. Muy recomendable.
½ October 14, 2012
The Journey is an amazing film. It is about a group of Westerners who try to leave the city when the the Soviets occupys the country of Hungary in 1956. Deborah Kerr and Yul Brynner give excellent performances. The screenplay is well written. Anatole Litvak did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the drama and romance. The journey is a must see.
½ July 19, 2011
Tuesday, July 19, 2011

(1959) The Journey

Another depressing variation on the same lines as "The King & I" which involves a group of English speaking civilians attempting to escape after the Soviet invasion lead by Yul Brynner, which he falls in love with one of the captures played by Deborah Kerr! The film centers on this relationship and the political turmoil that intervenes! Hooky and unessessary, especially if it's all made up, more fascinating to be read about in terms of real life!

1.5 out of 4
October 12, 2009
It was a lot longer than it needed to be! The acting was great, but I find that Yul Brynner says everything wih the same expression and same tone so it almost seems contrived and fake. The best acting came from "Mr Fleming" definately.
February 26, 2009
This is what I would call a conflicting love story and it can only end badly. Great movie, wonderful actors.
December 25, 2008
Impossible attraction against a very difficult background. Brynner is great mixing what looks like ruthlessness at first with tenderness and love.
March 9, 2008
Spent a VERY long time trying to find this on DVD. Yul Brynner and Deborah Kerr had a wonderful chemistry and seemed to bring out the best performance in each other.
December 29, 2007
The chemistry between Yul and Deborah was still so present after their first film together "The king and I" that, despite everything this makes a great film for both actors. And we get to see them kiss (finally!)
December 28, 2007
was worth watching! good history points...
October 28, 2007
Yul Brynner stars as a Soviet colonel and Deborah Kerr is a western citizen caught up in the Soviet invasion of Hungary.
October 27, 2007
Old Movie but good acting. Yul was great as usual.
October 14, 2007
Brilliant, I quite loved this movie, especially the acting and the dialogue more so than anything.