The Last Casino - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Last Casino Reviews

May 16, 2008
same storyline as 21 blackjack but id say it was better
½ May 15, 2008
Good small Canadian movie, well acted by Katharine Isabelle. A little rough around the edges, but altogether, an enjoyable 90 minutes.
½ May 10, 2008
I watched "21" first, but then saw this one in the video store. This movie is less flashy and "Hollywoodish", but has a deeper, more meaningful story, in my opinion. If you liked "21", check this one out, for sure!
½ May 4, 2008
I may be bias -- because quite frankly I'm actually a fan of any Canadian-produced cinema, crappy-made or otherwise -- but I really enjoyed this movie a lot. Despite the cast consisting of essentially B to C-list actors and obviously a lot less budget than the Kevin Spacey-helmed "21", this had a more "gritty" feel as opposed to the latter.
½ May 1, 2008
awesome movie must watch!!
April 22, 2008
Pretty good. The book that this whole idea is based on is better, but it's still pretty fun. The bit in the high-stakes game with George's translation was a really awesome bit... =)
April 19, 2008
Sharp Script. Solid Acting. Well Shot. Manages to get personal in a way hollywood movies don't even attempt.
½ April 15, 2008
You don't realize how good the "crap" that comes out of Hollywood until you compare it to the "crap" that comes out of other countries (in this case Canada). Alright, I guess it wasn't that bad of a movie but it was definitely not as good as "21" and that movie was mediocre.
½ April 13, 2008
a movie that's gonna get ur adrenaline pumping...It depicts very truly that only ppl in a particular class can be best among each other...with some cheeky moments...
April 7, 2008
Identical to 21 but done before 21. A bit more grit than the newer version and Canadian-stylie.
April 7, 2008
OK film. Nista specijalno, ali ce zabaviti one koji vole tu vrstu filma.
April 5, 2008
Katherine Isabelle (Freddy Vs. Jason, Ginger Snaps) was terrific in this flic. The fact that this one is Canadian, was icing on the cake.
March 31, 2008
an awesome small budget film, am instant classic in my eyes
March 31, 2008
Not nearly as well done as 21 and the scripting and directing is very uninteresting. Plus, it is not widescreen and is quite Canadian.
½ March 29, 2008
The Original "21" But It's CANADIAN!
March 29, 2008
It was really funny and charming.
½ March 29, 2008
Sharp, low-budget Canadian flick with a quick pace has a liittle charm to boot, no fireworks but entertaining, good role for Katharine Isabelle.
March 27, 2008
Great movie, 21 seems to have the same idea going but I really liked the cast and the smarts used here. Plays out very nicely. It was made for tv too, which kills me considering how well it was made.
½ March 25, 2008
I actually liked this quite a bit. There's some cheesy stuff in it and it's nothing too original but I ended up liking the trio (especially Katherine Isabelle) and the story was never boring. It sucks that there's, what is essentially, a remake of this coming out with a better cast but I'm a fan of Spacey, Sturgess and Bosworth so it should be good.
½ March 19, 2008
Very well done small Canadian film. Highly recommended; especially now that Hollywood is releasing '21' with some big names...but essentially the same movie. It's sad, they are remaking movies within 4 years now. (I've never read the book, so can't comment there)