The Legend of Red Dragon (Sekiryű no onna) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Legend of Red Dragon (Sekiryű no onna) Reviews

½ March 4, 2015
"The Legend of the Red Dragon" is an action rom-com featuring great, cheeseball slapstick in delightful parody of Japanese underworld stories. The sword play and fighting aren't especially skilled, but it is very entertaining stage-fighting and it's achieved without harnesses or special effects. The makeup, props, music and locations are worth giving some attention.
½ April 12, 2014
Like a Japanese low budget version of Kill Bill (sort of) there are some good ideas in here but overall it's just an okay movie.
January 18, 2012
Strange STV Japanese actioner, not sure whether it wants to be a serious Yakuza revenge film or a parody of them. Includes a strange trio of singing hitmen. Not a bad watch overall, but kinda weird.
½ March 27, 2011
There are times when you just gotta watch a good Kung Fu movie (of course dubbed). Well, this one had one of my favorites in the lead role, Jet Li. I enjoyed this movie with all of the fights and action scenes. I specially noticed the beautiful traditional costumes and the rich sets. The whole movie looked great. Need Kung Fu? This is the movie for you. I do recommend it.
½ May 20, 2009
i am perplexed.
Perplexed as to how this movie is only 77 minutes long.
17 minutes over an hour long tv episode of whatever.

they spent about 45 minutes building a relatively decent vengeance plot, only to have it gone the way of a 100 yard dash.
over in seconds.

The cinematography was not so good, and it had the feel of an American "B" movie.
But for some reason i liked it. Well, parts of it.
Another perplexing thought.
I mean i will probably never watch it again...bu damn.

My favorite part is Yu Misaki, with that tattoo that looks awesome on her, kicking ass in the red dress.

Pretty sexy.

But for the life of my I cannot figure out why she would have chosen to wear an evening dress to a sword fight....

Bahh....what the hell?
October 10, 2008
A typical but good revenge gun and sword B movie actioner from Japan with lots of sex and violence. Unfortunately a foreshadowed fight scene that was built up throughout the film never takes place. What the hell were they thinkin' ?! That's like showing candy to a kid and never giving it to him!!! An overall entertaining film with a flaw I just could not overlook!
½ August 2, 2008
It was not the best film cinematography out there. It looked like it was all shot on mini dv. there were several instances where editing cuts and sound were not all there. At one point sound, the next nothing, and it appeared that it should have been. the story, not the best. like bad soap opera, with bad action sequences (where someone would be cut with a sword and you would here a loud swoosh and there was a tiny cut on the persons shirt and they died) It was lame. Not a must see.
½ August 1, 2008
i liked the storyline... but i did not like it's corny or over dramatic scenes... sometimes the movie would be serious.. other times it would be really over the top weird? glitches in the movie.. blaming it on the theater though...