The Lightkeepers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lightkeepers Reviews

September 8, 2014
The story was okay, but lacked ump.
August 24, 2013
A slow-starting, interesting movie that ends up being very sweet and full of discovery and love. Blythe Danner and Richard Dryfess are excellent here and I truly enjoyed the movie once it got going.
January 20, 2012
Boy. I never thought that Richard Dreyfuss could ruin a movie, but this one he did. He was absolutely the wrong person for this part. His acting abilitles were terrible, over-the-top, and laughable. The surrounding cast was pretty good, however, and the story was nice. Too bad....
August 21, 2011
the most absolute random movie iv ever seen in my life very poorly crafted.
June 30, 2011
I couldn't connect with the characters very well--they were augmentative, rather odd, and disjointed. Overall story was okay in general.
½ June 19, 2011
a finely constructed & acted period piece set in 1912 about a crusty old lighthouse keeper who is forced to deal with issues when a stranger washes up on shore and becomes his assisstant and his wife also shows up after a number of years.
½ April 18, 2011
It was cute, great job by Richard Dreyfuss, a little dry from the rest. But lots of good humor.
April 17, 2011
I found this to be heartwarming and I fell in love with the characters right away; hoping they will find what they are longing for. I definitely felt the relationship between Seth and Eveline a much stronger storyline than Russell and Ruth's relationship. If you are a fan of Hallmark style movies you will enjoy this one.
March 6, 2011
A very charming and sweet story revolving around the setting of a Cape Cod lighthouse. Great film to watch if you are into movies set in the early 1900s or just a fan of mellow chick flicks. Definitely a film I would suggest others to see.
May 8, 2010
has anyone seen this movie? I love lighthouses but need to know the movie plot before I can say I'd watch it.