The Linda McCartney Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Linda McCartney Story Reviews

January 18, 2015
An interesting insight into Linda McCartney. Her flings with rock stars, to her being an animal activist and dying of cancer.
July 26, 2013
Very disappointing bio of the famous Beatle's famous late wife, that fails to involve the viewer. Poor script seems to miss many things, including Linda's commitment to vegetarianism.
December 8, 2009
Pretty good biopic on Paul McCartney as much as it was on his wife Linda. You can see (from knowing about Paul and The Beatles, and reading the book "Many Years From Now"), that this was very well researched.

Gary Bakwell did another good performance as Paul (first time was in Backbeat (1994) in Paul's younger Beatles days).

A couple of cringe-worthy moments, but overall definately worth watching at least once!
½ November 29, 2009
Good movie, highly underappreciated.
July 26, 2009
Rainy day promoted me to check this out on cmt of all things as i was surfing away. Good bio pic and very educating. Half the stuff that went on in her life i was totally unaware of. I knew she was a photgrapher and thats how she met Paul, but she was also a very tedious groupy apparently having relationships with stars such as Jim Morrison and Mick Jagger. Knowing of her untimely demise due to cancer still didnt shed any of the impact that the sad ending casted. Gary Bakewell looked and acted as Paul so it made the ending all the more sad as if we were at her deathbed ourselves. Im a bio pic fan and have enjoyed alot of the ones i have watched, this one included. I still am waiting for one of the best directors out there to start a project on a Beatles movie. I personally have a cast list of who I think would be good beatles too if any director reads this....hellllo.... ummm hellloo..
½ May 22, 2009
Oh my goodness! It's Juliette from Lost!
It's a made for tv movie, so I wasn't expecting much.
Elizabeth Mitchell is really good, but most of the acting is crap.
It paints a very one-sided picture of the Beatles' split-up, making John Lennon look like a drunken bum and Paul look like a wounded child.
It was good to know a bit more about Linda herself, as well as her and Paul's children.
March 24, 2009
no se nada de la vida intima de los beatles..pero los actores...juaaa...eran mas parecidos en babilonia los imitadores...q en esta peli
August 8, 2008
Heartbreaking. Terrible acting. It makes me want to never fall in love. EVER.
Damn these TV movies.
½ June 16, 2008
it was a little chicky but i enjoyed hearing about her and Paul McCartney's life together
April 26, 2008
I saw this on cable recently. Great casting, good performances, BUT THIS SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK. The director might as well have called this "The Paul and Linda McCartney Story" Pathetic film that revolves more around the lives of the Beatles instead of its main character, and that main character that is so uninteresting that the film really had no reason to be made in the first place. A complete and utter mess.
½ April 4, 2008
Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet Burke from LOST) stars as the former Beatle's wife, and she gives a great performance. Didn't care for the guy who played Lennon, but the guy who played Paul was pretty convincing. Mitchell staels the scenes in this made for tv movie!
March 29, 2008
I never really knew the whole story behind Linda McCartney, which is why I'm happy that I saw it. It was very touching, I definitely cried. True, the acting was pretty bad, but I was mainly paying attention to the story being told.
March 28, 2008
what a so good it's bad made for tv movie
February 3, 2008
This is a brilliant film that rally captures the truth and the right feeling! And perfect look-a-likes for the Beatles!
November 4, 2007
Not bad at all. A little sad at times but thats to be expected. Great for a tv production.
November 4, 2007
The Linda McCartney Story Summary:
Photographer, Beatles wife, tambourine player, purveyor of vegetarian entrees: Linda McCartney led an undeniably remarkable life. The Linda McCartney Story, based on the book -Linda McCartney: The Biography, attempts to present this life in all its glory. Scion of the George Eastman photography dynasty, McCartney is first shown as Linda Eastman, aspiring rock photographer. Flirting her way around the transatlantic rock scene with the likes of Jim Morrison and Mick Jagger, she eventually meets Paul McCartney during the heyday of mid-'60s Beatlemania. Thirty years of marriage, the Beatles' break-up, tambourine playing with Wings, and McCartney's ultimately unsuccessful battle with breast cancer follow, illustrating, over the course of 120 minutes, a life lived with both strength and aplomb.
½ September 29, 2007
Great! Tells Linda's story pretty well!
½ August 20, 2007
pretty bad as far as quality goes, but an interesting story for a beatles fan.
½ August 15, 2007
SO SWEET! I love it. I've always been a fan of Paul/Linda (boo Heather Mills) and this one really captures it for me.
August 7, 2007
love this story armand really captured the real intense romance between paul and linda!