The Living Sea - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Living Sea Reviews

January 29, 2013
The nature of these IMAX films is to give us some great filmed images with a weak "messaging" story line ending abruptly at around the 35 minute mark. The short time harms these films and makes them flimsy compared to the IMAX efforts of today. Nonetheless it is gorgeous for while it lasts.
April 15, 2010
Some nice visuals but pretty boring. Only about 40 mins and I fell asleep.
August 21, 2009
Beautiful and informative. We've seen lots of this basic stuff on the Discovery channel, and unless for some reason you see this in the originally intended IMAX format, you will be missing out on at least half of the film's merit (I saw it on Blu-Ray, so the picture quality was high, although still nothing compared to IMAX).
June 22, 2008
Awesome soundtrack and great footage!
½ January 23, 2008
the voiceovers and soundtrack (sting) were really bad but this is worth watching for the jellies in monterey.
November 18, 2007
saw in imax 3-d... mmmm, giant kelp
½ July 10, 2007
"The Living Sea" celebrates the world ocean -- its beauty, diversity and importance to life on earth. Filmed in locations around the world, "The Living Sea" also explores our relationship with this complex and fragile environment.
Starring: Meryl Streep, Steve Kitana, Laura Martin, Bruce
July 4, 2007
June 19, 2007
<3 love the music most of all and Sting's music too.... but it's so pretty and also informative.... love it <3
½ June 17, 2007
Wonderful visuals and a great soundtrack by Sting!
June 13, 2007
When are IMAX going to show this bloody thing again! I want to see it, and I want to see it NOW!
½ June 9, 2007
Absolutely one of the best documentaries ever. Greg MacGillivray paves the way in IMAX filming, and Sting's music is utterly awesome!
Gotta love that scene with the Coast Guard boat, no?
June 7, 2007
awesome. i love deep sea and underwater documentaries in general, and sting plays a wicked soundtrack for this too.
½ June 7, 2007
I saw this on YouTube. It's very interesting.
February 12, 2007
Sure looks purdy... on IMAX
January 22, 2007
kool as i might wanna see lol of course i wanna see it